Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How often are other mages getting prot kills?

So this thread was just made so bob could share his dps insecurities lol, if you made this to better yourself and learn from others that would be different, u didn’t even tell other mages how u got the kills, all you did is boast.

Maybe it’s just me who doesn’t care about how many posts I have, I try hard to get kills and when I do I celebrate as it is an achievement but I don’t unfathomable talk or use cheap tricks to get those kills.

So this thread was just made so bob could share his dps insecurities lol, if you made this to better yourself and learn from others that would be different, u didn’t even tell other mages how u got the kills, all you did is boast.

Maybe it’s just me who doesn’t care about how many posts I have, I try hard to get kills and when I do I celebrate as it is an achievement but I don’t **** talk or use cheap tricks to get those kills.
Same. Just doesn't feel right getting kill in the 'illegitimate' way.

On the same vein, bob got most prot kills he bragged about in this sham way. He even admitted that
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

The tension between Bob and Ventius is a bit softened by the fact that Bob's name is Bob.

Also we haven't exactly answered the question of how often mages get the Prot kill.. but from what i can gather, people are just saying they aren't DPS oriented classes, they're skill based, and either a rogue or a ranger should usually get the kill as they are the main DPS classes (rogue especially)
:lol:
true :P

I play the game for fun, so my name needs to be fun :D

Maybe it’s just me who doesn’t care about how many posts I have, I try hard to get kills and when I do I celebrate as it is an achievement but I don’t **** talk or use cheap tricks to get those kills.
believe what you want.
I was curious to see what it was like on other servers for eg mages, nothing more. I don't have any "insecurities," anyone who plays on arawn knows I play for the fun of the game, and only get agitated when individuals feel that its their role to take that away and want to make the game into a job or chore...

Same. Just doesn't feel right getting kill in the 'illegitimate' way.

On the same vein, bob got most prot kills he bragged about in this sham way. He even admitted that
My first maybe 5 kills, ya. But my past 30 or 40 or so (didn't count past 20) were with rangers, some even with dg, in lock group. I have a video on youtube that shows this. Maybe I'll upload a few more as proof.

In the end, i don't really care if you believe me or not, people on arawn know what goes down, and I posted this purely out of curiosity to see what things were like on other servers.
Agreed, if a ranger isn’t getting kills on proteus most of the time, there’s an issue. I got a kill on prime and base with my ranger, while I was also tanking adds on warrior and healing main tank with my Druid. I mostly afk’d while hasted, attack lix and sharpen/steady on hitting quiver and a Stalker ammy skill when I could.
The same way you all say our rogues or our rangers may be bad, maybe I could say the same about your mages?
Don't make assumptions please :-)
The vast majority of our rogues are survival built, that doesn't make them "sucky" it just means that they aren't pure DPS. There is no rule that says one build is 100% better than another, DPS is one metric, ability to stay alive is another. What good is the best DPS in the game if you are never alive to use it? or if you are so low on health it gets reduced?
Don't pick on others choice of build.
I have some decent gear thanks to my wonderful clanmates, gear that maybe some other mages don't have. The same way a ranger or rogue or two in your clans may have that gear.

Long Story Short... I have gotten a few (maybe 10%) kills by "organizing" lock groups, already said I did, but the vast majority (90%, cuz 100%-10%=90% :o) came from legitimate, straight up, good old fashion, DPS. I have posted 2 or 3 youtube videos, enough where I thought it would settle that mages can get kills without "cheating," believe what you want.
I made this thread out of curiosity, wanted to see how many kills other mages had gotten (at the time I had 3 kills), wanted to see what type of gear and builds were being used, to see if one element was favored over another, etc... Anyone who knows me knows how much time I spend doing math to see what works best for my mage, not just for DPS, but so that I can help my clan as much as I can.
In the end, who gives a flying fish who gets the kill? You don't see tanks bragging every time they tank something? Or druids when the tank doesn't die...
There is nothing wrong with being curious, or wanting to be the best, but since when is it the only thing that matters? Enough where a certain ranger has to track down old clanmates that kicked them just to try and trashtalk how some people on that server chose to play their class?
Congratz on getting kills, but can we just return to killing bosses because its fun? because it helps to gear our clannies? because idk about all of you, but I am sick of this drama...

This thread started out as curiosity, it led to myself and 10 or so other mages sharing builds, gear set ups, and hotbar techniques, but then other classes started calling the mages liars, cheats, etc...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I have 2 base kills and 1 prime in the last 9 months or so and we kill every day, usually without competition. Until recently I was usually in the lock group.

I'm a fire mage and pretty well geared, standard build at 3330 focus, 6700 fire, 3760 ice, +2165 fire bolt damage, +540 ice shard, 30% firestorm CD, 30% ice shard CD and 15% fire bolt CD and I get a lot of kills on a lot of bosses, just not Prot. I have 0 kills on Mord, Necro and Gelebron.

Our top 4-5 rangers are too good, too well geared and at least a few of them are always there.

In the 3 kills I got, our top two rangers were not in the lock group I believe and 2 of them were raged.

The same way you all say our rogues or our rangers may be bad, maybe I could say the same about your mages?
Don't make assumptions please :-)
Actually you can't really say that because if mage and ranger both are good and well geared, ranger will always get the kill. Mage only gets the kill if rangers are bad/undergeared.
Kiwi puff, Lvl 224 Ranger
Proud Guardian of Havoc, Morrigan.

We have both amazingly geared mages and rangers, yet ranger will always get kill.

Unless they’re afk
Pretty difficult to outdps Codi in general though for everyone on our server lol.
Shadowbolt3- 224 Rogue
Shadmistress- 188 Mage
Shadowbolt2- 113 Warrior (Retired)
Helaman- 157 Locker Rogue
ShadShot- 89 Ranger
Shadow Bolt- 82 Druid
Raganos- 100 Warrior
World: Crom
Proud member of Seed