Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Would this work?

I've always thought about this but if you are an endgame mage that does bosses only then you are likely to be with other mages at the bosses. Since this is true why do some mages use lures? If a mage drops lures (only bossing mage) it could run 4 damage skills and an attune. Surely this would be better since you are substituting no damage as other lures will be casted anyways. You could even grab a 30% cooldown for each spell and never stop casting O.o (charm, skull and braces)
Hi

Re: Would this work?

The thought crossed my mind before. And what you are saying is right, it is superiour dps.

However....
There's 3 possible reasons it's not happening really.

1. People don't know about it.

2. People don't want to trade their power to ONLY be useful at bosses(and only if lure guy shows). A mage without lure is weak alone.

3. Clans may want to gear more effectively. Full fire benefits more from fire gear then hybrids, but maybe the lower tier stuff can be given to them.

Personally I side with number 2, I wouldn't risk solo/small boss power for it. Same reason I'm not support. But to some people who battle for locks it may give them that extra edge.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Not all mages are in the same time zone and after having to reskill over and over again, it's just easier to keep some lures on hand.

Technically you could have up to 4 cool down items but those are pretty rare drops and one player having 4 of them vs 4 players having a cooldown item, you're looking at 3 mad mages because one player has so many cooldown items
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I've always thought about this but if you are an endgame mage that does bosses only then you are likely to be with other mages at the bosses. Since this is true why do some mages use lures? If a mage drops lures (only bossing mage) it could run 4 damage skills and an attune. Surely this would be better since you are substituting no damage as other lures will be casted anyways. You could even grab a 30% cooldown for each spell and never stop casting O.o (charm, skull and braces)
I run 4 damage skills, attune, lure, shield, and have eboost at 26. You never know when you will be only mage at a boss, lure isn't something to sacrifice for skill points. If you need more skill points just hotswap :)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I run 4 damage skills, attune, lure, shield, and have eboost at 26. You never know when you will be only mage at a boss, lure isn't something to sacrifice for skill points. If you need more skill points just hotswap :)
If you are strictly boss only (a second toon) you could use 6 damage skills then including DOTs
Hi

If you are strictly boss only (a second toon) you could use 6 damage skills then including DOTs
currently run Firebolt, firestorm, iceshard, incinerate, fire attune, fire lure, e shield all at 50, eboost at 26... Need to keep my lure for proteus hehe...
But hypothetically if you had a mage you only logged when other mages that used the same element as you were online then ya that build would work.
I used to use a build like that at 180, but the clan I was in was mostly mages. and i only used that build for maybe a day at a time because of how unfunctional it is.

Also with 4 dps skills I maybe have 1 or 2 seconds between skills every 30 seconds. Having another skill would probably be dead weight. And i use those 1 or 2 seconds to recast eboost lol
Bob The God

currently run Firebolt, firestorm, iceshard, incinerate, fire attune, fire lure, e shield all at 50, eboost at 26... Need to keep my lure for proteus hehe...
But hypothetically if you had a mage you only logged when other mages that used the same element as you were online then ya that build would work.
I used to use a build like that at 180, but the clan I was in was mostly mages. and i only used that build for maybe a day at a time because of how unfunctional it is.

Also with 4 dps skills I maybe have 1 or 2 seconds between skills every 30 seconds. Having another skill would probably be dead weight. And i use those 1 or 2 seconds to recast eboost lol
But you wouldn't always be cycling DOT skills
Hi

This means you would need your lure monkies to be present at all raids 24/7 and thats not realistic, and in a proteus fight, as well as on Gele crystals, more mages with lures are great to have.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

What's your gear bob
Oh god here we go xD

Armor
royal firestorm vit hrung helm
occulut bp
occulut boots
edl legs or occ legs depending on the situation
edl gloves
dark skull of firebolt
edl grimoire

Jewelry
godly fire mage ostra 2016 ammy
imperial fire mage ostra 2016 misc
majestic meteor brace (155 vit, +7 firestorm incinerate)
imperial necral band of firestorm

NONHOTSWAP RINGS
+12 gele firestorm
+11 gele firestorm
imperial ring of burial

Hotswap Rings
+8 frostiron e shield ring (idr which frostiron event it was)
+9 alchemical fire attune ring
+7 aggy firelure ring
+9 mordy incin/firebolt ring
+11 firestorm gele ring
+10 mordy iceshard/freeze ring
+5 eboost ring

For gele i switch
royal hrung hat to edl hat
necro firestorm cd brace to royal firebolt mordy brace
dark firebolt skull to void firestorm skull
Occ bp to edl bp
occ boots to edl boots
and occ legs to edl legs
Bob The God