Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What should I invest in?

What items (if any) should I invest in starting out on a new mage toon? I've already begun investing in sigils but aside from that I'm confused on what a mage needs to reach end game. I'm talking regen/lux wise.
This post maybe a little vague, I hope someone can make head or tail
Radical Himself
Mage
Gwydion

Re: What should I invest in?

Well I would suggest the 24k low level offhand that adds 100 energy and some resists as it is cheap and effective at low levels. At 50 get a masters grim. At 90/100 get either a tracker ammy or an ammy that adds focus. At 100 get focus of the seer. I have my eyes on an unhallowed ammy at 150 with 1000 poison dmg skill and 200 focus for 1.8m. But at 150 go for about the same ammy. Regen isn't that great, but for leveling below 180 it's worth it to invest in a decent amount. Personally I also enjoy the 150 or 100 ammys that add an energy shield. Best regards, find what works for you, as some enjoy shields but that's not my style. I prefer high dps, and survivability based off of killing quickly with my pee wee health of only vit as double my level (at dl level I'm going full focus)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

What items (if any) should I invest in starting out on a new mage toon? I've already begun investing in sigils but aside from that I'm confused on what a mage needs to reach end game. I'm talking regen/lux wise.
Great thing about casters imo is that lux isn't necessary. Regen does basically nothing for energy regen. I would suggest if you have to choose between sigils and lux go with sigils.
If you can invest in both I would suggest a focus ammy (the ones that have the energy shields are the best), master grim at level 50, focus of the seer at level 100, mystic at 150, mystery grim at 180 and 200 (unless you get a hold of dl grimoire or edl grimoire).

For braces i would suggest event braces that boost your skills or aggy braces.
For rings ow skill rings are the best along side event rings if you can get ahold of them.

Mages are great in that there is a plethora of different gear that is similar so that how good your toon is isn't decided by which event you start playing in.
The gear that you highlighted sounds great.

for Sigils i would suggest 500 at 150, 1000 at 180, and 1.5k-5k at 215/220+ for energy, health sigils just get enough so that you don't have to wait a year to get full health at a boss.
For regen in combat just get use to either having to step out of the action for a moment to regen or use an e lix at bosses.
Eboost works decently too.

Also I love the full focus build!. been full focus since my mage was 165 and it is a great build. With the new attune cooldown low vit builds work decently.

If you have any more specific questions would be glad to help! :)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Great thing about casters imo is that lux isn't necessary. Regen does basically nothing for energy regen. I would suggest if you have to choose between sigils and lux go with sigils.
If you can invest in both I would suggest a focus ammy (the ones that have the energy shields are the best), master grim at level 50, focus of the seer at level 100, mystic at 150, mystery grim at 180 and 200 (unless you get a hold of dl grimoire or edl grimoire).

For rings ow skill rings are the best along side event rings if you can get ahold of them.

Mages are great in that there is a plethora of different gear that is similar so that how good your toon is isn't decided by which event you start playing in.

for Sigils i would suggest 500 at 150, 1000 at 180, and 1.5k-5k at 215/220+ for energy, health sigils just get enough so that you don't have to wait a year to get full health at a boss.
For regen in combat just get use to either having to step out of the action for a moment to regen or use an e lix at bosses.

Also I love the full focus build!. been full focus since my mage was 165 and it is a great build. With the new attune cooldown low vit builds work decently.

Really helpful post! Would you suggest investing in E shield then? I've skipped out on the masters grim and have gone straight to focus of seer just because i'm levelling purely with combos. Would you advise points in e shield and e boost?
Radical Himself
Mage
Gwydion

Really helpful post! Would you suggest investing in E shield then? I've skipped out on the masters grim and have gone straight to focus of seer just because i'm levelling purely with combos. Would you advise points in e shield and e boost?
I would definitely suggest using e shield, and if you have spare points eboost can be great, although usually sigils or an elix, or in your case a combo, will take care of your energy needs. Would suggest putting points into another lure, like pierce lure, instead of eboost. Or into another dps skill like iceshards or firebolt if you are predominantly solo leveling.
Bob The God

I would definitely suggest using e shield, and if you have spare points eboost can be great, although usually sigils or an elix, or in your case a combo, will take care of your energy needs. Would suggest putting points into another lure, like pierce lure, instead of eboost. Or into another dps skill like iceshards or firebolt if you are predominantly solo leveling.
The main issue I am struggling with at the moment is health. Trying to level on knows is a nightmare
Radical Himself
Mage
Gwydion

The main issue I am struggling with at the moment is health. Trying to level on knows is a nightmare
Solo or group leveling? Because to solo level as a mage requires a good amount of health, good amount of health sigils, and some restos.
Using a shield is becoming more popular for mages under 180 so that they can solo level.
The standard build of 3 focus, 2 vit should work pretty well on a combo, but if you are dying a good amount and/or don't feel like spending a lot on restos I would suggest maybe doing some more vit in there. Maybe do between 250-300 vit (1.5-1.875 base hp) and the rest of your points in focus.
Solo mage is difficult so I would suggest looking for a leveling buddy. Someone that is on similar times to you and that has decent dps and will lix with you. Once you get to 130 finding a level buddy should be really easy as everyone likes to level with a mage ;)
Bob The God

Solo or group leveling? Because to solo level as a mage requires a good amount of health, good amount of health sigils, and some restos.
Using a shield is becoming more popular for mages under 180 so that they can solo level.
The standard build of 3 focus, 2 vit should work pretty well on a combo, but if you are dying a good amount and/or don't feel like spending a lot on restos I would suggest maybe doing some more vit in there. Maybe do between 250-300 vit (1.5-1.875 base hp) and the rest of your points in focus.
Solo mage is difficult so I would suggest looking for a leveling buddy. Someone that is on similar times to you and that has decent dps and will lix with you. Once you get to 130 finding a level buddy should be really easy as everyone likes to level with a mage ;)
Thanks for the help! Got a good grounding of how i should start levelling
Radical Himself
Mage
Gwydion

Hi. I basically soloed to 190(mostly on just knows) so I know a few tricks to it.

But I don't know what level you are referring to for help with so I'll give some general words of wisdom.

Use ONLY the amount of hp you need to survive. Anymore isn't doing you any good and is wasting damage.

Damage is op. Think about it, if you do more damage you kill faster, so you take less damage and get more xp per lix.

Go for double kills with firestorm/ice blast when possible. If you can start a new mob when another one has low hp, and finish off the old one and hurt the new one with aoe. Anything to increase speed increases productivity.

Only take defensive options if they outweigh the benefits of damage. E shield can help you lower your hp so if the focus gain helps enough use it.

Bear helms are extremely op, and are better then shields in most cases ON A HEAD SLOT! You have to wear the right resistance though, but if you do you get a massive boost.

At lower levels aim to max damage skills as high as possible. Of course picking up focus, ability and dmg bonuses along the way when possible. When you max the skills aim to get the damage even higher with focus/direct skill bonus/magic abilty.

For soloing, I found that some novelties aren't that bad. Namely the freeze ability ones, if you can afford them. Giving you regen, a free travel lix, a useable auto, and a free panic button. At a high lv focus and such won't give you as much due to the plateau bonus(still worth stacking though), so not having a focus offhand/mainhand isn't as bad as it seems(10700--->11500 for me w 475 focus/300 ice magic from grims). Skulls/gele wands are above novelties for sure though, but for 100-then it's viable.

Welp that's about all I can think of atm.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Hi. I basically soloed to 190(mostly on just knows) so I know a few tricks to it.

But I don't know what level you are referring to for help with so I'll give some general words of wisdom.

Use ONLY the amount of hp you need to survive. Anymore isn't doing you any good and is wasting damage.

Damage is op. Think about it, if you do more damage you kill faster, so you take less damage and get more xp per lix.

Go for double kills with firestorm/ice blast when possible. If you can start a new mob when another one has low hp, and finish off the old one and hurt the new one with aoe. Anything to increase speed increases productivity.

Only take defensive options if they outweigh the benefits of damage. E shield can help you lower your hp so if the focus gain helps enough use it.

Bear helms are extremely op, and are better then shields in most cases ON A HEAD SLOT! You have to wear the right resistance though, but if you do you get a massive boost.

At lower levels aim to max damage skills as high as possible. Of course picking up focus, ability and dmg bonuses along the way when possible. When you max the skills aim to get the damage even higher with focus/direct skill bonus/magic abilty.

For soloing, I found that some novelties aren't that bad. Namely the freeze ability ones, if you can afford them. Giving you regen, a free travel lix, a useable auto, and a free panic button. At a high lv focus and such won't give you as much due to the plateau bonus(still worth stacking though), so not having a focus offhand/mainhand isn't as bad as it seems(10700--->11500 for me w 475 focus/300 ice magic from grims). Skulls/gele wands are above novelties for sure though, but for 100-then it's viable.

Welp that's about all I can think of atm.
Thanks your response. I started the mage on Tuesday and hit 100 last night so am now starting to consider a proper build. What I'm struggling with atm is damage output which is severely limiting my xp per lix. Atm im scraping a level per lix however im only using firebolt and firestorm atm which i think is my main mistake. What skills should i get hold of and how should i distribute my skill points? Limit for each skill is 25.
Radical Himself
Mage
Gwydion