Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Does The Old Mage Still work?

Hi im Luuk and im a druid,

But back in 2012 there were no attuments, firestorm, ice blast and stuff. Back then you could what? Max 4 skills but... Here is my question Does this setup still works?

Ice and Fire Lure
Fire bolt
Ice shards

At the time some mages were good buddies and talked alot and change theire setup to 'you max ice lure then i can use eshield, you max fire lure then i use cloack) Mainly on bosses this was said cuz then the mage didnt need to lures but many still did! (I hope it made sense lol take rid of 1 skill to use another just help your clannie out :) )

DruidLuuk <3

Re: Does The Old Mage Still work?

not really after level 100 or so. Your gonna need a third skill, but the other new skills require attune to maximize efficiency. So, your basically wasting points on one lure that only effects one skill, when you could instead replace that extra lure with attune and have it effect your third extra skill AND your other skills.

It's way more effecient to just pick fire or ice from around level 100+ and roll with it.

No matter what you've heard, mages need lures. The Cloak skill is actually still very useful up to around level 100 even with a fire/ice setup. I've always endorsed maxing Cloak first before any other skill with each new skill point max additions. After around level 100 though, it's way more effecient to take those skill points from Cloak and put towards attune and or 3rd new skill of same element.

I've always used a fire/ice lure, bolt, shards, cloak setup from beginning to a little past lvl 100 when I've leveled my mages and have found it to be quite effecient.