Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hi I'm a knew Mage

If you can't afford sigs... Don't play a Mage.
Not true.

Sigils are not needed to be a mage, I actually don't like them as they force you to be out of combat to regen.

If you are going to spend gold on sigils you might as well just use energy elixirs on bossing and leveling, it may cost more in the long run but you'll do more dps and get more locks/kills causing you to get more gear.

If however, to the op you cannot afford sigils/elixirs, try out energy boost. I used it a while to cut down on level costs and it worked like a charm. But only use it as long as you have to, it hurts your dps and or survivabilty potential as you need points for it to be effective.
Last edited by Furyion on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

eboost doesn't really hurt your dps, it has a 1 second cast time and can cast it in between cooldowns of other skills, or even if you add it to the rotation, it's only every 45 seconds.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

eboost doesn't really hurt your dps, it has a 1 second cast time and can cast it in between cooldowns of other skills, or even if you add it to the rotation, it's only every 45 seconds.
Hurting as in using skill points in boost when it could be in a different skill.

But you could use dl/edl boots for some points, and just cast with a lv 1+boots, but that will probably not be enough to support the energy useage.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I have a character on gywdion that's a lvl 129 rogue but latly I don't want to be a rogue I want to go full Mage but idk because I need rogue to farm so I'm stuck in a pickle please help :(

From personal experience I would suggest getting that rogue higher beforehand. My primary and only class that i play is mage. It is very costly, even the cheaper routes are pretty pricey for new-ish players.

I only have 4o energy sigils and it does really hurt my gold as energy lixes are still not enough to solo lix with thus i must still use res pots. As for the farming issue, mages are still pretty good for that too.

My experience is that energy consumption is bearable until level 160-165 (even that is pushing it) and i can only imagine it getting worse. For energy lixs to be most effective one must have alot of energy as it restores %en. Thus making it difficult to poor points in vitality and in turn it would be the best option to use eshield. If you can not afford some nice lux or gear that adds focus / vitality mage class would be very difficult. Mage is arguably the hardest class to pick up as a first class, but it does have its rewards too.

Its all a matter of what your status is ingame rather than a right or wrong answer. If you are in a clan that can gear you with top tier items right of the bat then go for it dude, however if you'd struggle to get meteor and frozen and DL then i'd wait it out. Patience is key for mages, if you lack patience then give making a mage a miss.

Energy consumption is not the only hard thing to deal with as a mage, the armour value of gear is low...as is for druids...Rendering mages open for big autos and skill hits. I truly take my hat off to anyone whom has mained a mage and stuck through with it.

P.S. from my experiences, i might be doing something wrong because I spend more time dead than alive when levelling in aoe mobs ;)

(i apologise if there is any gramatical errors, i typed in a rush).
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

The more u have to rely on things that arent sigils the more DPS u will need to sacrifice, thus sigils make it convenient. Either way, if u can afford the tons of pots and energy elixirs, buy sigils. I dont play my mage because I couldnt find any sellers, and at lvl 130 with 6.2k-6.4k energy (dont remember exactly how much) and 135 e sigs, I find elixirs not being even close to keeping my energy up, that is ever since my Firebolt is lvl 50.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

If I have to use eshield, an elix with 15k energy and the occasional 5k sigil regen is sometimes not enough.

It's a painful class to play if you want the full DPS potential. The upside is how easy it is to get gear compared to rogue.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

If I have to use eshield, an elix with 15k energy and the occasional 5k sigil regen is sometimes not enough.

It's a painful class to play if you want the full DPS potential. The upside is how easy it is to get gear compared to rogue.
And the fact u dont use lux even at low lvls, because mage gear is awesome while mage lux sucks, so u save on that part. For my mage only item bought is focus of seer (considering Im in end-game clan disregard my godly firebolt and such, there are weaker replacements), while for ranger or rogue unless u have earthstone (which I happen to borrow radiant bp greaves and neck for ranger), u will use offhand and more items, while a mage could simply use kron's neck (which is what I do).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex