Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: About group lvling as a mage

I am not endgame, but from my experience whether you group level totally depends on build. There are a lot of soloing builds that can use shield, cloak etc, but for now I will say you are full dps fire or full dps ice. With a full dps build 110+ it is good to level with a group. If you have a little more survivability this level could be different, but for now 110. For group classes I have found that every class except warrior is great. Rogues have super fast skills, druids heal you, rangers have bolas and steady dps, mages just boost killing speed lots, but warriors do less damage and are slow. For group size I would say no more than 1-2 group members or you lose xp. Hope I helped. :D
I am awesome -me :)
level ---- Hybrid mage - taranis
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414
rubber chicken :O

A lot I would say the easiest way to level is to find a good partner that fits your schedule.
Killing mobs is much easier and you get to know people in game.

It will depend a lot on your gear and money. If your broke with bad gear start grouping now. If your lixed with unlimited pots go solo till your bored.
Spit (Mage 226)
lil druid (220)
Damaged Soul (211+)
Creeping Death (Ranger 200)
World-Taranis

From my experiences:
Lvl 1-130ish SOLO
Lvl 130-150 group of 2/3(all dps)
Lvl 150-180 group of 3(at least 1 Druid/tank)
Lvl 180-190 group of UP TO 4( at least 1 Druid/tank)
Lvl 190-201 group of 3(2 dps, 1 tank/healer) lvl at 200 edl room
Lvl 201-211 group of 4/5(1 tank/healer RECOMMANDED IF YOU DONT WANNA BE AT MAX CURSE) 210 edl room
Lvl 211-216 group of 3(1 healer/tank) 215 edl room, and the room near it
Lvl 216+ group of 5( at f5 bridge or f6, healer RECOMMANDED at f6, use blue pots at bridge if w/o Druid or tank)

I soloed all the way up to level 200. I saw that I could gain more xp than in a group. I saw the difference, when the room is gone and you're running around looking for more mobs like a chicken with it's head chopped off, when you could empty the room solo and have the mobs respawn just in time.

Solo vs group depends on whether you're ice or fire, and also on your total dps.

If you're an ice mage I would always recommend adding pierce lure and leveling with a rogue/ranger/spear warrior for 150+. If a mob is down to 1k hp you don't want to wait 10 secs and waste a 10k shards on it, and that's where your group members are most useful. I find that as an incredibly high dps fire mage I rarely get better exp in a group, unless it's in an area with mostly 3-4 stars and I drop skill points to add pierce lure. On 210 adds I was still getting 4/5 of the kills with 2-3 rogues in grp.
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

I am a fire Mage who uses shield regularly, so does that put me in the solo category?
Again still kind of depends. Could you say your stats, all your skills, and your access to restos, and that might help.

I split my points evenly between focus and vit, mainly use fire bolt, storm, eshield, fire attune, and lure of fire. I don't use restos but I have 1k sigs, so provided that I don't get swarmed or I could beat the mobs, my down time is fairly short.