Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Need advice (trolls stay out plz)

Gone firemage

Need advice for some stuff

I use fb/fs/lure attune and rest in shield(will switch to assass lure when I get a rogue with me)

I'm wondering how good these skills are:
Incinerate
Cloak of fire
Or should I put ice shards on(heard some do this)
Currently got 195 vit and like 600 focus, is this out of balance?

Only level 110 also
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Naming and shaming, keep it clean
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Re: Need advice(trolls stay out pleas

Mods lock this rant. Mysteryman and furyion are knowledgable players whether you like them or not. Calling them trolls in the thread title is rude and therefore the topic should be locked.
It's perfectly acceptable, I'm allowed to ask advice from whoever I feel has validity, certain posts those 2 make are so stupid I wouldn't trust them to build any kind of build for me
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Re: Need advice(trolls stay out plz)

Shards won't do much unless it also has a lure. If you have enough skill points to max 1.5 skills then go with shards, otherwise maybe do cloak (assuming you don't have energy problems). I did 1-180 in a couple weeks with starter wep and armor and no ammy; the build isn't super important. FB and fs will make up probably 80+% of your total dps regardless of what third dps skill you use

How is your survivability? I have always recommended that mages use an offhand shield for solo leveling regardless of level. It more than doubles your armor, whereas a focus offhand might only do an extra 5-10% boost to dps. With a shield and on a combo you'll probably not need eshield, giving you extra points for more dps. I chose to invest in a lot of sigils which also helps with soloing
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Re: Need advice (trolls stay out plz)

Gone firemage

Need advice for some stuff

I use fb/fs/lure attune and rest in shield(will switch to assass lure when I get a rogue with me)

I'm wondering how good these skills are:
Incinerate
Cloak of fire
Or should I put ice shards on(heard some do this)
Currently got 195 vit and like 600 focus, is this out of balance?

Only level 110 also
My mage is fire. But I maxed ice shards and have many items that give ice shards bonus damage (spider ring/troll helm). The reason being I can still hit up to 6k on Ice Shards even without attunement. There's no way cloak of fire (even with evades) or even firestorm (on a single target - unless you got plenty of firestorm bonus gear) that can beat that.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

No to incinerate-its per-tick at anything under 50 points is too low to be worth it; also doesn't have insta damage so most mobs will likely be dead before it gets 3 ticks off

If you have the points try to max shards and put 15 into ice lure. But once you get to 120 you'll again not have enough points probably, due to the +5 limit increase

Can you post what gear you use/how many points you have in each skill?
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Ice shards is probably better than incinerate, especially if there are ice mages at the fight as well to provide a lure.

Cloak of fire is meh during leveling and pretty good during raid bosses, when cast on tank.

I wouldn't really use energy shield until like 180s or so, instead you can chuck on assassins lure and level as a group.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Re: Need advice(mysteryman and furyion trolls stay out plz)

Shards won't do much unless it also has a lure. If you have enough skill points to max 1.5 skills then go with shards, otherwise maybe do cloak (assuming you don't have energy problems). I did 1-180 in a couple weeks with starter wep and armor and no ammy; the build isn't super important. FB and fs will make up probably 80+% of your total dps regardless of what third dps skill you use

How is your survivability? I have always recommended that mages use an offhand shield for solo leveling regardless of level. It more than doubles your armor, whereas a focus offhand might only do an extra 5-10% boost to dps. With a shield and on a combo you'll probably not need eshield, giving you extra points for more dps. I chose to invest in a lot of sigils which also helps with soloing
Wow thanks this helped a lot I'm going to get a shield now recently sold grim thanks for the tip runvs
Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you.

Ice shards if u can have enough survivability. My mage has it at lvl 42 as an extra skill and for his lvl (126) the dmg it provides (3.8k-3.9k) is still great, especially when lvling with an ice mage being able to hit even 3.5k's as an addition dps. Incinerate is a bossing skill.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex