Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unconventional Battle-Mage build

So he wants to use some dmg gear and melee between casts. Who cares? If he enjoys that build a lot more than pure caster build, then how can someone say he is wrong? Maybe it's less efficient at killing mobs, again so what. He is enjoying doing a melee build more than pure caster and playing a game is about having fun.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I win. Go train you low level
I have probably been playing longer than you :lol: . Even if I haven't I certainly know more about this game than you. And one more thing PLEASE what was the point of this spam that does not even add usable forum info.
Impossible for a lvl 120 ish player to know more than a lvl 200 ish player. Unless that 200 ish one is all lix grind and no play.

Ps your forum account was made in 2014 and his was made in 2012. Fail
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

I win. Go train you low level
I have probably been playing longer than you :lol: . Even if I haven't I certainly know more about this game than you. And one more thing PLEASE what was the point of this spam that does not even add usable forum info.
Impossible for a lvl 120 ish player to know more than a lvl 200 ish player. Unless that 200 ish one is all lix grind and no play.

Ps your forum account was made in 2014 and his was made in 2012. Fail
well tough lol I have been playing since 2012 and I know a lot more about this game than pretty much every high level on my server. Level does not make you smart ;) . One more thing what was the point of this spam other than to start a flame war if you don't even know me :D .
I am awesome -me :)
level ---- Hybrid mage - taranis
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414
rubber chicken :O

Hey you could try taking a look at my signature. 2011 comes before 2012 I'm pretty sure.
What do you know more than high levels about? Let's make a list:
Endgame bosses? Nope (you're still doing stonevale/otherworld)
Warrior/rogue/ranger/druid builds? Nope
Mage builds (which seems to be your area of expertise)? Again...nope

If anyone is spamming, it's you. Give one argument that supports your statement that melee builds are better
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Hey you could try taking a look at my signature. 2011 comes before 2012 I'm pretty sure.
What do you know more than high levels about? Let's make a list:
Endgame bosses? Nope (you're still doing stonevale/otherworld)
Warrior/rogue/ranger/druid builds? Nope
Mage builds (which seems to be your area of expertise)? Again...nope

If anyone is spamming, it's you. Give one argument that supports your statement that melee builds are better
wow mods lock this topic mrmamba here wants to start a flame war. And I am totally sure I know more than you about all of those things.
I am awesome -me :)
level ---- Hybrid mage - taranis
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414
rubber chicken :O

Sorry but a level 120 doesn't know much about the game.

It's a fact, you just haven't experienced the game enough to make statements like that.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I dont understand what you mean by "for speed and levelling"? Speed of killing? A pure caster would kill faster. The damage gear would barely add to your already poor auto at that level. I dont know why gimping your character is fun for some but by all means do it if you want i guess, i wouldnt recommended it though for anyone looking to level up as fast and cheaply as possible.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

In the words of Ron Burgundy, "Well, that escalated quickly".

I'm not saying that this build is viable for end-game bossing. It's more of a leveling build (look at what level my mage is) and one that adds some more DPS. I know all you high level mages are saying that pure casters are better, which is fine, but remember that I'm looking at this build from a now level 124 mage perspective. When I equip a Focus of Seer and Aggy book, my Firebolt/storm increase by a couple hundred points, neat...I'm adding auto attacks between 150-300 damage with an axe offhand, damage helm and Hero gloves.

The way I look at it is that on a 2-4* mob I am getting a free 1-2 Firebolts worth of damage from just autos in between casts, not to mention the damage from my Cloak of Fire. The auto damage allows me to finish off the mobs last fraction of HP without having to waste another FB/FS on the mob and then be on cooldown while I'm starting the next mob. My cloak is hitting for 200-300 per hit as well. 1* mobs I can get down to 1/4 HP from just the Lure/FB, so I can move to the next mob while my Cloak finishes off the 1*. I'm also getting added damage when my Firebolt or Firestorm misses through autos, thus killing quicker.

I'm sure as I get higher, my build might change some or maybe I'll go pure caster all together. What I know and what I have EXPERIENCED is that as of right now, this build is doing great and I kill really fast and the XP I'm getting is superb.

It's not the cheapest way to level, as I go through Resto pots due to typically being up closer to the mobs, but the whole idea is to maximize my damage. This build isn't meant for STRICTLY MELEE. It's used as supplemental damage. If I wanted to go pure melee mage I'd thrown on an Aggy Trident and pierce lure as well. This build is meant to have fun with and not be like EVERY OTHER FRICKIN' mage out there. That's one thing I dislike about the game, is that builds are very cookie cutter.
So he wants to use some dmg gear and melee between casts. Who cares? If he enjoys that build a lot more than pure caster build, then how can someone say he is wrong? Maybe it's less efficient at killing mobs, again so what. He is enjoying doing a melee build more than pure caster and playing a game is about having fun.
Zyz gets it... why can't y'all?