Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unconventional Battle-Mage build

U can add crush lure to dl wand btw, 105 crush, and then use axe offhand.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

A mordy book could work too with its whopping 20 crush damage. Better than nothing.

I've had multiple people ask why I have an axe and damage helm as a Mage and then proceed to tell me how it's the worst setup... Yet don't even play a Mage.

Silly people

A mordy book could work too with its whopping 20 crush damage. Better than nothing.

I've had multiple people ask why I have an axe and damage helm as a Mage and then proceed to tell me how it's the worst setup... Yet don't even play a Mage.

Silly people
Yep, even if the person telling me that is an experienced mage they obviously haven't tried melee. Pure melee isn't the best but some good melee like a damage helm and axe :p is pretty good
I am awesome -me :)
level ---- Hybrid mage - taranis
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414
rubber chicken :O

Get a high level mage and see how much fun your melee build is lol

Give you a hint: it's terrible. No, I haven't tried it. No, I don't need to
it does not do the dps that is true. as you havent tried it how can you feasibly make any assumption. a melee build is usually done for speed and leveling.
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414

Your first couple words seem to be in agreement that a "battle mage" (lol) is worse dps than a conventional build. You then go on to say that it is better speed and better for leveling. How does this increase your speed? You run faster with an axe offhand? Similarly, how is this better for leveling if you clearly think it is worse dps? Does it increase your survivability to use autos? If it's the same survivability, more expensive, and worse dps; it is worse for leveling. I'd make the argument that you'll actually die faster due to cloak mobs but you probably won't get there anytime soon.

I'm not making assumptions whatsoever. What gear would possibly help your dps if you went melee instead of full caster?
Would you take a crush wand over a hrungnir skull? No
Would you take earthstone bp over occult? No
Would you take a 100-200 dmg helm over a firestorm/shards boosting hrung helm? No
Only difference you could possibly make is by swapping your focus offhand for an offhand axe, but here's why that's a terrible idea:

When you click on a skill, it will not cast until the current autoattack has finished. As a fire mage you're basically adding up to a second on each cast, decreasing your dps by 10-20%. You can't use sigils cause of melees, meaning you'll have to be using e lix every boss. You will be within aoe range, meaning you'll be spamming pots and also need more vit which further decreases dps. You will have little to no attack boosting gear so with maxed wand ability you're looking at around 2000 attack. On any endgame boss you're hitting less than a third of the time. For a whopping max dmg of like 600. Burning 40x more plat per boss.

But continue, lemme hear your argument about how this battle mage build is so great. Must be the speed :lol:
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Your first couple words seem to be in agreement that a "battle mage" (lol) is worse dps than a conventional build. You then go on to say that it is better speed and better for leveling. How does this increase your speed? You run faster with an axe offhand? Similarly, how is this better for leveling if you clearly think it is worse dps? Does it increase your survivability to use autos? If it's the same survivability, more expensive, and worse dps; it is worse for leveling. I'd make the argument that you'll actually die faster due to cloak mobs but you probably won't get there anytime soon.

I'm not making assumptions whatsoever. What gear would possibly help your dps if you went melee instead of full caster?
Would you take a crush wand over a hrungnir skull? No
Would you take earthstone bp over occult? No
Would you take a 100-200 dmg helm over a firestorm/shards boosting hrung helm? No
Only difference you could possibly make is by swapping your focus offhand for an offhand axe, but here's why that's a terrible idea:

When you click on a skill, it will not cast until the current autoattack has finished. As a fire mage you're basically adding up to a second on each cast, decreasing your dps by 10-20%. You can't use sigils cause of melees, meaning you'll have to be using e lix every boss. You will be within aoe range, meaning you'll be spamming pots and also need more vit which further decreases dps. You will have little to no attack boosting gear so with maxed wand ability you're looking at around 2000 attack. On any endgame boss you're hitting less than a third of the time. For a whopping max dmg of like 600. Burning 40x more plat per boss.

But continue, lemme hear your argument about how this battle mage build is so great. Must be the speed :lol:
First I might add that during my post I held back from a lol emote because its rude and pointless but nvm. Your entire post is irrelavent :lol: :lol:. I did not say its great for bossing but it can be with correct gear and build. I have througout my time in celtic heroes been doing a build kinda like a lot of the builds that furyion talks about and I myself have recently got back into finishing my melee mage guide. melee is great for soloing as you can quickly drain your mob. your aoe range thingy can be fixed from using a wand with high range. Melee is great for farming as well as you can kill lots of mobs at once. I know for bossing melee isnt really the best thing but its great for everything else(its still great at bossing:P).

Ever heard of proof reading?

Idk why you low levels still listen to furyion, he hasn't been relevant since carrowmore. If he were any good he wouldn't think ice is better than fire with equal gear lol.

Sure, melee is great for draining your mobs...if you're a rogue. Or ranger. Or warrior. Or even a druid. Melee mage is crap anywhere outside the 50-150 range and far outclassed by a pure caster build

Yeah you're right melee is great for farming multiple mobs at once. Cause that's how auto attack works, you hit 5 mobs every swing of your axe :P . You wanna know what else works great for killing "lots of mobs" at once? Firestorm. Which happens to be a lot better with caster

Since you still seem to think your build works with the right gear, wanna post here what you think is this so called correct gear that will magically let you beat casters?
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Ever heard of proof reading?

Idk why you low levels still listen to furyion, he hasn't been relevant since carrowmore. If he were any good he wouldn't think ice is better than fire with equal gear lol.

Sure, melee is great for draining your mobs...if you're a rogue. Or ranger. Or warrior. Or even a druid. Melee mage is crap anywhere outside the 50-150 range and far outclassed by a pure caster build

Yeah you're right melee is great for farming multiple mobs at once. Cause that's how auto attack works, you hit 5 mobs every swing of your axe :P . You wanna know what else works great for killing "lots of mobs" at once? Firestorm. Which happens to be a lot better with caster

Since you still seem to think your build works with the right gear, wanna post here what you think is this so called correct gear that will magically let you beat casters?
nah, I can't be inconvenienced. There is no way you will agree with me ever so why argue with someone who clearly doesn't get my point. And I was doing a partial melee build far before furyion did is guide. I am done with this thread :P