Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Fury's Auto-Mage Guide(Updated 2018)

Hi, it's furyion again and this time i have a special mage build to talk about. The road less traveled, the auto mage. It's for those who want to bring a little rogue power into their mage. It may not be as strong as a rogue but a mage can cast lures to reduce the enemies resistance and deal unresisted damage with their auto attacks. A auto mage can be based on either fire or ice. I will start with listing things in common with both of them. This guide is for the hand to hand mages out there ;)

My guide will be colorcoded like the last one.
Green is Important!!!
Orange is something you should consider
Red is something you should avoid
Blue means it is part of the ice section
Purple means it is part of the fire section
Brown means it is the same with fire and ice

Important Note on Non-Mage Weapons
Weapon ability increases attack and damage of slash, crush, and pierce damage. This damage bonus is NOT just limited to the weapon, other slot physical damage will have a higher damage with a higher weapon ability. Though if you use a weapon that isn't meant for a mage, like a dagger sword or spear, you will NOT gain the attack or damage bonuses EVEN if you have gear that boosts that ability(because you don't have it).

Stats(Fire/Ice)

Focus
Focus will increase your energy, and your spell power. It is the most important stat in any mage build.

Vitality
Vitality increases your health. This is an important stat, and as a close fighter most likely youll need a decent amount to survive boss area of effect attacks.

Strength
Normally any mage will tell you to never use strength, but for this build it can serve a purpose. It increases damage dealt by slash crush or pierce damage. Later in the guide I will name some mage usable weapons with these types of damages.

Dexterity
Dexterity increases attack by 1, and defense by 2 per point. Attack may be somewhat important, but to get even 100 attack it wastes 100 stat points. In short never put a point here.

Weapons(Fire/Ice)
This is a list of items you should try to acquire/avoid. Some may look good but are bad, some may look bad but are good. So i made this list to seperate the bad from the good.

Lv 1-100

Wand of Hallows/Yulestave
These are some rare old wands, but they are pretty handy! They have a super long range compared to other wands. Attack speed of 2500, deals 2 crush+15 magic damage. Uses wand abilty. No requirements.

Sunflower Wand
This is a wand from summer 2012. It has a FAST attack speed for being a wand, 2300. It also deals 20 heat damage and gives 20 health. Normal wand range, wand abilty. No requirements.

Your Fists
No weapon(your fists) do very little damage by themselves, but paired with a offhand its pretty "killer". Your fists are faster then a sunflower wand. Close range, uses hand to hand abilty. No requirements.

Cruel Knife
Yep, a dagger... on a mage? Well, although it doesn't deal much damage it's the fastest weapon in the entire game at 1471 speed, so any damage adding gear you have on will deal its damage extremely fast. You will need to use attack boosting gear in order to hit anything though, as mages cannot get dagger ability.

White Cloudburst Rod/White Winterstave
Both pretty much the same thing, 20 magic damage, 20% chance to deal 200 extra cold damage, 2500 attack speed. The cloudburst version has 50% camo and 20 energy regen as well. Normal wand range, uses novelty abilty. No requirements

White Firestorm Rod
Has 50% camo, 20 energy regen, 20 heat damage, 20% chance to deal 200 damage in a area of effect of 6 meters. A little slow at 3000 attack speed though. Close range, uses novelty abilty. No requirements

Stave of Tempests
This does 15 pierce damage+20 magic damage, with a 5% chance to deal 500 damage in 6 meters. High power but very slow at 3500. I would recommend you avoid this because of the slow speed and low chance to deal extra damage.

Ymir's Sceptre
I know a few people had to have seen this and thought it was good. It does 150 crush damage. Sounds amazing but heres the bad part, its EXTREMELY slow over 6000 attack speed, AND its 2 handed. Avoid at all costs.

Lv 100+

Dragonlord Wand
This is the greatest weapon for the auto mage, it deals 105 crush damage, an attack speed of 3000, gives 200 focus, and a 5% chance to deal divine damage(only hurts chaos bosses). Normal wand range, uses wand abilty. Requires lv 175 and frozen wand to start quest. Requires 4 blue crowns and 4 blue idols

Your Fists
Your fists are still a lethal weapon even at lv 100+ due to the attack speed.

Wand of Hallows/Yulestave
This wont have as much dps as the dl wand/fists, but it can come in handy for bosses because of the extreme range. It will keep you out of aoe's harm.

Cruel Knife
The cruel knife is still very viable, however at higher levels you will need more and more attack gear to hit the enemies. This may or may not be worth it to you. More recommended towards fire mages due to firebolt not really interrupting autos.

Snowbound Candycane
This candycane deals 100 cold damage with a 10% chance to deal up to 1000 extra cold damage. It is kinda slow at 3000 speed but it has some power. More recommended towards ice mages. Close range, novelty abilty. Requires level 100.

Aggy Trident
Believe it or not this can actually work. It's an any class weapon, but as mages we don't have spear ability but we can hit the enemy if we have a high enough attack from gear bonuses. You can get attack gear to be usable, like cruel knife, but I feel that the cruel knife just outclasses this. I will still include my aggy trident build later on, as its not that unviable.

Superiour Spellsword
This is the only mage sword in the game. Too bad its terrible, it sounds good that its 100 slashing damage, and gives 100 fire/ice magic and 400 attack. But it is a sword based abilty weapon, which mages don't have. It is also 2 handed AND requires strength. Avoid this.

Godly Reaper
A strong weapon dealing 200 cold damage and 100 slash damage with a 5% chance to deal 5000 magic damage, has a speed of 3000. I would personally avoid it because it is 2 handed, has a low proc chance(which is magic damage too) and a little too slow for this build.

Offhands
Just use the highest damage shop offhands. Lv 1-50 Gold bodkin of spirits, lv 50-100 gold blade of "your element", lv 100-150 axe of triumph with your element, lv 150+ axe of conquest in your element.

Armor
Look for damage, stats, or health in your armor. Heres some good things to look for.

Connacht Magus Armor
Low level armor with slight magic damage and decent health boosts.

Earthstone Armor
This armor has a low armor value but increases important stats. The Breastplate and Pants are the most important, the breastplate gives good heat damage and attack, the pants give good heat damage and defense.

Focus Increasing Armors
Focus is an important stat so if you find some focus gear like diamond armor its better then something without damage or focus.

Damage Helmets
Look for these in your element, they will help you with dps.

Heroic Gloves of Haste
Never underestimate the power of these gloves. They give more armor then dragonlord gloves(at lv 1 too) and grant 50 health and energy. Best part is you get haste without losing a ring slot ;)

Jewelry
Wear anything that grants damage(most important), skill points(to ice shards or firebolt) or health/vit, or focus.

Abilities(Ice/Fire)

Ice/Fire Magic
This increases chance to hit for their element's spells, and also increases their spell power.

Hand to Hand, Wand, and Novelty
These increase chance to hit for their weapon types(and damage if its crush/slash/pierce)

Warding, Willpower, Fortitude, Vigour, Reflex
Not too important but decent to have. They increase skill evasions.
Warding=spell attack evasion(instant damage ones)
Willpower=weakening attack evasion(lures and such)
Fortitude=non-spell attack evasion(instant damage, like pummel)
Reflex=movement attack evasion(like bolas)
Vigour=damage over time spell evasion(like rupture)

The Ice-Auto Mage Part Starts Here

Why Ice Based?
Ice based has a advantage because ice is known for having a bigger cooldown then fire but more damage. This deals high damage with your spells and gives you time to auto. An ice based build is better for bossing, and pvp.

Skills(Ice)

Ice Lure
This is the most important skill you'll use, it decreases the enemies resistance to ice, making your ice attacks hit closer to their max damage.

Ice Shards
Use this, i know its a auto build but this will add a great deal of damage to your dps.

Ice Attunement
Use this also, it will increase your ice shard damage.

Energy Shield
This increases survival, by absorbing a set amount of damage. Use this.

Ice Blast
This is a big area of effect attack. It is strong but takes a while to cast which hurts dps a little. Only use this if you can max it.

Lure of Giants.
This reduces the enemies resistance to crush damage. Only use this with a dragonlord wand.

Lure of Assassins
This reduces the enemies resistance to pierce damage. Only use this if your trying the aggy trident build.

Builds(Ice)
I will say percents for stats/skills

Dragonlord Wand Build
Heavy auto damage, with a heroic haste elixir you'll be like a rogue(kinda) at 1200 attack speed(hasted)!!!
Stats
Strength-10%
Focus-60%
Vitality-30%
Skills
Ice Lure-100%
Ice Shard-100%
Ice Attunement-100%
Lure of Giants-100%
Energy Shield-The rest of your points.

Cruel Knife Build
Extremely fast autos, making any gear with damage way more effective. Attack gear is required.
Stats
Focus-25% or 50%
Vitality-75% or 50%
Skills
Ice Lure-100%
Ice Shard-100%
Ice Attunement-100%
Energy Shield-100%
Optional-The rest of your points

Aggy Trident Build
I do not recommend this, and if you use it you will need alot of attack bonus gear.
Stats
Strength-10%
Focus-50%
Vit-40%
Skills
Ice Lure-100%
Ice Shard-100%
Ice Attune-100%
Lure of Assassins-100%
Energy Shield- Rest of your points.

Build For All Other Weapons
For everything except aggy tridents, cruel knifes, and dl wands.
Stats
Focus-60%
Vit-40%
Skills
Ice Lure-100%
Ice Shard-100%
Ice Attune-100%
Energy Shield-100%
Ice Blast-0% OR 100%

The Fire-Auto Mage Part Starts Here

Why Fire Based?
Fire has faster casting then ice, and does less damage. You'll be casting more spells as fire, relying less on auto, but fire mages have fire cloak, which makes fire mages better for leveling.

Skills(Fire)

Fire Lure
This is the most important skill you'll use, it decreases the enemies resistance to fire, making your fire attacks hit closer to their max damage.

Fire Bolt
Use this, i know its a auto build but this will add a great deal of damage to your dps.

Fire Attunement
Use this too, it will increase your fire bolt damage.

Fire Cloak
This makes enemies who attack you take heat damage. It will allow you to deal more dps without using extra time.

Energy Shield
This is a spell that saves health and absorbs damage. Nice skill to have.

Lure of Giants.
This reduces the enemies resistance to crush damage. Only use this with a dragonlord wand.

Lure of Assassins
This reduces the enemies resistance to pierce damage. Only use this if your trying the aggy trident build.

Builds(Fire)
I will say percents for stats/skills

Dragonlord Wand Build
Heavy auto damage, with a heroic haste elixir you'll be like a rogue(kinda) at 1200 attack speed(hasted)!!!
Stats
Strength-10%
Focus-60%
Vitality-30%
Skills
Fire Lure-100%
Fire Bolt-100%
Fire Attunement-100%
Lure of Giants-100%
Fire Cloak(leveling version)-The rest of your points.
Energy Shield(bossing version)-The rest of your points.

Cruel Knife Build
Extremely fast autos, making any gear with damage way more effective. Attack gear is required.

Example Here

Stats
Focus-25% or 50%
Vitality-75% or 50%
Skills
Fire Lure-100%
Fire Bolt-100%
Fire Attunement-100%
Energy Shield-100%
Optional-The rest of your points

Aggy Trident Build
I do not recommend this, and if you use it you will need alot of attack bonus gear.
Stats
Strength-10%
Focus-50%
Vit-40%
Skills
Fire Lure-100%
Fire Bolt-100%
Fire Attune-100%
Lure of Assassins-100%
Fire Cloak- Rest of your points.

Build For All Other Weapons
For everything except aggy tridents and dl wands.
Stats
Focus-60%
Vit-40%
Skills
Fire Lure-100%
Fire Bolt-100%
Fire Attune-100%
Fire Cloak-100%
Energy Shield-The rest of your points.

How to stay viable!
Auto-Mage is the best type of mage from 1-99, hands down, maybe to 119 even. But its effectiveness declines after that. I'm sure some of you like this idea of auto-mages, and I came up with a solution to prolong it's effectiveness. FOOD! It's extremely powerful, ESPECIALLY on an auto-mage. The types of food I'm mentioning are the ones that boost CRUSH, SLASH, or PIERCE damage. Since they are the magical physical damages, they are buffed by STRENGTH, and CURRENT EQUIPPED WEAPON ABILITY. So the best foods can buff your auto damage by thousands of damage. Good? Let's make it better, remember our friends lures? Yep, those can work alongside with the food. So with a fast weapon you can be dishing out thousands of UNRESISTED(or low resist on bosses) damage per hit at a high rate of fire. Though, remember what I said before about current weapon ability? You probably don't want to use a non-mage weapon as you will not get the ability damage buff off of the food, it is highly recommended that you use a wand, novelty weapon, or fists if you try this.

Additional Info
Lure of Crush and energy shield is Ice Magic effected. Fire mages may have to level ice magic. Lure of assassins is fire based, ice mages may have to level fire magic. Thanks for reading :)
Last edited by Furyion on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Re: Fury's Auto-Mage Guide

Love the colours and should be put on the mage guides

Very nice :D
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)

Nice guide, Fury. I've been messing with a h2h mage and have really enjoyed it. I love the speed with haste gloves and a 235 dmg fire brand off hand and greater earthstone top and pants and heat dmg helm. I've been debating though going heat dmg axe.

I like using fire lure to increase the dmg of the earthstone armor, helm, and brand. I found shards dud more dmg than bolt so I have a lot of shard dmg gear and ice attunement with over maxed shards. About the only part of this build that uses much energy is eshield. And if shards misses, the cloak and heat dmg is constantly going.

I haven't seen a lot of h2h guides so I'm glad you included this in here.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

H2H and dl wand are prob best choices. Gj Fury once again :)

What u said about ice is true yet not, because if u go with heat dmg gear (as theres nearly no cold dmg gear, except frozen) u will need fire lure. Thus why I suggest who should be ur lvling partners, and I think since it could work wonderfully as an ice mage, get a fire mage partner.

Ur crush dmg is like 5 from knucks if not less, so I wouldnt recommend lure of crush, although, at lower lvls if u want some extra dmg then aim for physical dmg bracelets and not magical.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Criminal,

What i think he meant for the ice was using ice lure to complement the damage from the spells. like going with the same lure as your spells. he wasnt looking at it as being the same element as your gear, although fire build would complement better with damage gear since most of it is of the fire element (eg earthstone).

and he didnt suggest crush lure , at least that i saw, for fists, just for the dl offhand.

^Im just adding, also, ice mage is better according to furyion due the very long cooldowns and h2h works well in order to dmg between each cast, unlike fire where u need to cast firebolt every few secs. In order to be strong h2h mage tho u need ur lure to match ur element dmg, and most element dmg gear is heat one.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

^Im just adding, also, ice mage is better according to furyion due the very long cooldowns and h2h works well in order to dmg between each cast, unlike fire where u need to cast firebolt every few secs. In order to be strong h2h mage tho u need ur lure to match ur element dmg, and most element dmg gear is heat one.
ok. and i see what you mean.