Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Furyion's Ice Mage Guide(Updated 2017)

As far as icemages go, they're a lot of fun, but Fury forgot to mention the Perceptor amulets. I'm personally a HUGE fan of Perceptor ammys, as they give obscene focus and vitality (or armour), as well as 100 energy regen and an extra energy shield that absorbs 400/600/800 dmg (90/140/190 ammys). That shield skill has saved my life literally thousands of times in my career, and functions as an extra resto. It buys me that crucial two seconds it takes to finish off a mob, or cooldown a resto or energy shield. Additionally, he mentioned the Skyglass/prism bracelet skills, but neglected the best part about the skill. IT IS A BUFF FOR YOUR BUFFS Cast brace skill (+150/300 focus for 20 secs), and then cast shield/attune. It boosts the skills significantly, and also leaves time for a Shards afterwards. It is also extremely helpful in pvp, as is the Perceptor skill. I may be only level 211, with minimal raid gear, but that skill/att combo allows me to regularly hit 10-12k on Shards and Blast. It's a must-have for crit-junky icemages like myself.
fury's guide is a bit outdated sadly. Wish a more active icemage would take his and update it, kinda like what im currently working on doing for a fire mage guide.
But ya the perceptor ammy was a job well done by OTM, held onto it until I got a godly hellfire riviere, but it is definatly one of the best caster ammies in the game.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

As far as icemages go, they're a lot of fun, but Fury forgot to mention the Perceptor amulets. I'm personally a HUGE fan of Perceptor ammys, as they give obscene focus and vitality (or armour), as well as 100 energy regen and an extra energy shield that absorbs 400/600/800 dmg (90/140/190 ammys). That shield skill has saved my life literally thousands of times in my career, and functions as an extra resto. It buys me that crucial two seconds it takes to finish off a mob, or cooldown a resto or energy shield. Additionally, he mentioned the Skyglass/prism bracelet skills, but neglected the best part about the skill. IT IS A BUFF FOR YOUR BUFFS Cast brace skill (+150/300 focus for 20 secs), and then cast shield/attune. It boosts the skills significantly, and also leaves time for a Shards afterwards. It is also extremely helpful in pvp, as is the Perceptor skill. I may be only level 211, with minimal raid gear, but that skill/att combo allows me to regularly hit 10-12k on Shards and Blast. It's a must-have for crit-junky icemages like myself.
I didn't mention the preceptor ammy because I believe there are better ammies out there. It is a good ammy, don't get me wrong, but there are key flaws when compared to other neck slots. The energy regen sounds a lot better on paper then in action. At 190 I have 12k energy, and a tick isn't every second(somewhere between 3 and 5), so 100 is pretty small imo. Health regen is actually more important then energy for mages, ironically. Since we have way less hp then energy, the health regained means more. The focus/vit bonus is inferior to garanak, and the skill is a defensive one. Not saying its bad but as mages we are ment to be glasscannons. We have far weaker armor then rogues rangers and warriors, so sticking to our strengths is the best course of action(especially for bosses as you'll rarely get targeted). At 190, id suggest a garanak set, zepher ammy, skyprism ammy/tracker ammy(for hotswap or pvp), or in some conditions a venom ammy.
fury's guide is a bit outdated sadly. Wish a more active icemage would take his and update it, kinda like what im currently working on doing for a fire mage guide.
But ya the perceptor ammy was a job well done by OTM, held onto it until I got a godly hellfire riviere, but it is definatly one of the best caster ammies in the game.
I'm around now and then, and always theorycrafting new builds. If there is anything you or someone else would like to add I'm open to it, as long as it checks out.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I didn't mention the preceptor ammy because I believe there are better ammies out there. It is a good ammy, don't get me wrong, but there are key flaws when compared to other neck slots. The energy regen sounds a lot better on paper then in action. At 190 I have 12k energy, and a tick isn't every second(somewhere between 3 and 5), so 100 is pretty small imo. Health regen is actually more important then energy for mages, ironically. Since we have way less hp then energy, the health regained means more. The focus/vit bonus is inferior to garanak, and the skill is a defensive one. Not saying its bad but as mages we are ment to be glasscannons. We have far weaker armor then rogues rangers and warriors, so sticking to our strengths is the best course of action(especially for bosses as you'll rarely get targeted). At 190, id suggest a garanak set, zepher ammy, skyprism ammy/tracker ammy(for hotswap or pvp), or in some conditions a venom ammy.
I'm around now and then, and always theorycrafting new builds. If there is anything you or someone else would like to add I'm open to it, as long as it checks out.
I beg to differ about the uselessness of the perceptor ammy... I currently switch between it and an Imperial Hoarfrost Reviere. The energy regen may sound theoretically insignificant, but it's pretty significant over a longer boss fight. I can only use my Hoarfrost ammy if I'm spamming restos or using an energy lix, but my Perceptor ammy and my bunny keep me in energy for a solid 5-8 minute boss fight. Additionally, as you probably know, ice mage (and mage in general) is an aggro HOG. Perceptor skill is extremely useful for tanking such bosses as groups can do without tanks. I tanked aggy at level 150ish with a full focus build, lvl 100 lux shield, and a dinky lil perceptor ammy, so it's pretty nice... At endgame dps levels, there are certainly better options, but for leveling, and the occasional boss, it's, imo, the best non-raid caster. It's also helpful on a server where the top clan(s) doesn't sell or give away any useful drops, and you have to rely on lux. In that situation, it truly IS the best option outside those top clans.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I beg to differ about the uselessness of the perceptor ammy... I currently switch between it and an Imperial Hoarfrost Reviere. The energy regen may sound theoretically insignificant, but it's pretty significant over a longer boss fight. I can only use my Hoarfrost ammy if I'm spamming restos or using an energy lix, but my Perceptor ammy and my bunny keep me in energy for a solid 5-8 minute boss fight. Additionally, as you probably know, ice mage (and mage in general) is an aggro HOG. Perceptor skill is extremely useful for tanking such bosses as groups can do without tanks. I tanked aggy at level 150ish with a full focus build, lvl 100 lux shield, and a dinky lil perceptor ammy, so it's pretty nice... At endgame dps levels, there are certainly better options, but for leveling, and the occasional boss, it's, imo, the best non-raid caster. It's also helpful on a server where the top clan(s) doesn't sell or give away any useful drops, and you have to rely on lux. In that situation, it truly IS the best option outside those top clans.
Perceptor is pretty good, but its worse imo than imp or godly hellfire or hoarfrost... DPS matters more for mages than extra tanky... if tanks can't hold aggro than your tanks need to spam taunt better.... Only exceptions to this are helis which evade taunt like crazy
Bob The God

Didn't say it was useless. Just said it wasn't among the best ones for its level. All regen issues can be handled with an energy lix or e boost, so that isn't a good point versus dps. Additionally, while I believe mages shouldn't tank, I should mention there is a better mage ammy for tanking, the shinestone poacher ammy. This thing has 60 rejuv, 150 armor, 1000 hp, and 200 vit. It has a skill, +500 defense, not that good but the stats are where it shines. Now you could say the preceptor has the 800 shield, which is true, but its situational. Lets say you rebirthed the 220 focus of the preceptor ammy(we are talking about the armor one) to vit. That's 1375 hp, 140 armor, and the shield skill. Now looking at my ammy, convert the vit to hp and its 2250(360 vit) and 150 armor. 2250-1375=875. So you permanently have 875 more hp, 20 more total regen, 10 more armor, and a bonus skill. That 875 extra hp is basically your shield, without having to worry about casting it, and it will make hp lix more effective, and reduce the chance of error when healing. Now, you can say that the shield can be casted multiple times in a long fight, which is true but... a mage tank without good heals will die anyway, making that point null. The shinestone ammy has hp regen built in so itll fill you up after death. And you could say that as a tank if they keep you alive the shield would be more useful, which is debateable vs my hp regen and defense skill, but I'm sure healers would thank you for having a higher hp base.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

It’s a sad day if mages are tanking... best advice I got at ~100 was it them hard and fast. A mages armor is made of tissue paper, we aren’t going to live through a long battle.
Tell that to SlyShadows lol, I get heli aggro all the time :cry:

Quote just so he gets notif lol
Bob The God

lol I get aggro all the time too. Doesn’t mean we *should* be tanking.
ya... I made a tank for that :/
The warriors in my clan seem to have a hard time distinguishing between my mage and my tank *shrug*
Bob The God