Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Furyion's Ice Mage Guide

Dont bother to use freeze for lvling. It misses alot, big energy consumption and if you hit the mob once while freeze is active the mob will unfreeze.

And if you even have to use freeze your killing way to slow. But since your lvl 108 you can probably easily solo till 125-130 ish. When you hit the boggan rooms I advice you to lvl in a group since that's way faster then solo.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I like freeze for leveling, and boss runs. It gives you more protection then energy shield can(due to mages having paper armor), but only if your soloing. You can't really freeze while in a group because most people don't care if something is frozen and hit it anyway, unfreezing it in the process.

If you are group leveling(or bossing), then energy shield is what you should use instead, if you even need it. Offense should always be used unless the defense is too good to pass up, weigh it out, and see what works for you.

Soloed 1-190, with few exceptions(helping friends), and I had a chance to try out both skills. I don't like e shield too much due to the huge cooldown, but it's not a bad skill. And as said above freeze is only a good idea if you solo.

Extra note, if you don't wanna use points on freeze, invest in a lv 100 night flyer or storm skimmer. They have an unlimited level freeze, that uses no energy, and casts faster(night-instant, storm-1 second) then normal. Longer cooldown though.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I like freeze for leveling, and boss runs. It gives you more protection then energy shield can(due to mages having paper armor), but only if your soloing. You can't really freeze while in a group because most people don't care if something is frozen and hit it anyway, unfreezing it in the process.

If you are group leveling(or bossing), then energy shield is what you should use instead, if you even need it. Offense should always be used unless the defense is too good to pass up, weigh it out, and see what works for you.

Soloed 1-190, with few exceptions(helping friends), and I had a chance to try out both skills. I don't like e shield too much due to the huge cooldown, but it's not a bad skill. And as said above freeze is only a good idea if you solo.

Extra note, if you don't wanna use points on freeze, invest in a lv 100 night flyer or storm skimmer. They have an unlimited level freeze, that uses no energy, and casts faster(night-instant, storm-1 second) then normal. Longer cooldown though.

You also loose the focus in your mainhand and offhand. (since you have to wait for the skill to cooldown to actually use it) That hurts when you are running a shadow focus grim and a 180 focus offhand. No E shield while soloing and you are dead.

You also loose the focus in your mainhand and offhand. (since you have to wait for the skill to cooldown to actually use it) That hurts when you are running a shadow focus grim and a 180 focus offhand. No E shield while soloing and you are dead.
You also get alota regen, a good skill, and 80/85% speed. In addition you save gold when using a mount over grims.

But on the topic of focus, I always level on mounts. Reason being is my focus is so far plateaued it barely matters. It's like grim+focus offhand I do 11.5k and mount I do like 11k. Not much of a difference when your fighting an enemy with like 20-30k.

Also, energy shield isn't needed to solo, as said I preferred freezing for soloing. Soloed 180-190 with 1.5k hp and no energy shield, used freeze instead.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

I leveled in the carrow update, but I had a great idea that helps save health, works today too.

Bear helms, a extremely high resist helmet, that only has one type of resist. So grab a slash crush and pierce helmet, and test what dmg type the mobs do, and then use that helmet to level.

1 armor is 1 slash 1 pierce and 1 crush resist, so it's functionally armor, just limited to certain weapons.

A 500 crush resist helm cut my damage taken in half, and allowed me to solo trolls.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Nothing at all is wrong with using mounts to level. Blackmamba just hates fury I guess so he likes writing hate-posts. In my experience mounts can be quite useful for soloing.
Except you lose 300-500 focus, ability adds or cooldown reduction. How much experience do you have with leveling with mounts?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]