Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage, bad class now

I realized that attunement adding so much damage, really is a weakness. You have the unfathomable mage armor rating, so bosses literally take you down in 2-3 hits, and because attunement takes so much time to load you literally are hitting 1k or 2k at high lvls on boss for 2-3 whole min, this is with ice mage also, so in another words, you wasted energy. Now about ice blast, the cast time is a whole 5-7 seconds. While dueling rangers with 4-5k hp while the rapid shot, 1k every second, 2 shot rip through shield 3 more shot and mage dead, duel over mage lost. And now the inequalities between rogue and mage, this is a rogue and mage duel: Rogue- sneaky (destroys energy shield) mage-lure rogue-shadow, quickstrike mage- ice shard *start casting ice blast* rogue-rend, auto. duel over, mage lost. Then in long boss fight fire or ice mage, rogue or ranger always gets kill, but why, mages hit 5k per hit? Rogues have auto, 7k damage skills, real fast loading skills, ranger 1-2k auto, and if the mage dies there goes attune for another 3 min. People thing attune is a boost but its a weakness. Energy shield nerfed so much, it is not at the rate of more energy cost then damage blocked. Cast time for ice blast is sooo slow, and reload time slower. Not to mention the armor rating sooo low that bosses kill mage before mage is done casting ice blast. I would use a offhand shield but then i realize in a few hits ill be out of energy, because of the ridiculous energy costs.

-Please fix this OTM
KingGIlgamesh of Sulis. lvl 173 mage
Retribution

Re: Mage, bad class now

I realized that attunement adding so much damage, really is a weakness.
So much logic right there. :roll:
You have the **** mage armor rating, so bosses literally take you down in 2-3 hits, and because attunement takes so much time to load you literally are hitting 1k or 2k at high lvls on boss for 2-3 whole min, this is with ice mage also, so in another words, you wasted energy.
Then in long boss fight fire or ice mage, rogue or ranger always gets kill, but why, mages hit 5k per hit? Rogues have auto, 7k damage skills, real fast loading skills, ranger 1-2k auto, and if the mage dies there goes attune for another 3 min. People thing attune is a boost but its a weakness. Energy shield nerfed so much, it is not at the rate of more energy cost then damage blocked. Cast time for ice blast is sooo slow, and reload time slower. Not to mention the armor rating sooo low that bosses kill mage before mage is done casting ice blast. I would use a offhand shield but then i realize in a few hits ill be out of energy, because of the ridiculous energy costs.
I have a level 152 fire mage on Arawn. I hit 3-5k on bosses my level per bolt and per storm. On non-pyrus frozen bosses like all-seeing eye, swampy, and chained, I get the kill over DL rogues and rangers. I haven't tried ice mage, but with 1500 focus it takes a while for my energy to deplete. At bosses, I only cast attune right after my aggro has reset after dying and resurrecting. I cast eshield (and ice barrier) only if I have my attune up and the boss is attacking me. This usually allows me to get about 2-3 more attuned hits in before dying.
As for "there goes attune for another 3 min" … attune cools down in 2 mins.
Now about ice blast, the cast time is a whole 5-7 seconds.
Ice blast cast time is roughly 2 seconds.
While dueling rangers with 4-5k hp while the rapid shot, 1k every second, 2 shot rip through shield 3 more shot and mage dead, duel over mage lost. And now the inequalities between rogue and mage, this is a rogue and mage duel: Rogue- sneaky (destroys energy shield) mage-lure rogue-shadow, quickstrike mage- ice shard *start casting ice blast* rogue-rend, auto. duel over, mage lost.
I currently have the highest pvp rank on Arawn (Devastating Wizard). I can take down DL warriors, rogues, rangers… people with around 3-4k health get destroyed in two hits (5-6k health, 3 hits). Anyone on Arawn who has watched me pvp can verify this. Mages actually have several huge advantages in pvp.
  • First and foremost, we benefit enormously from ring swapping. You can equip four attune rings, cast attune, and swap back to fire bolt/storm (or ice shards/blast) and lure rings before a duel starts.
  • Second, we can lure targets. I use a level 35 fire lure for pvp. This allows me to hit 2-3k per bolt/storm consistently, even on tanks using a shield offhand.
  • Third, we can double shield. My level 34 energy shield boosts almost 2k health. I have 2k health normally. If I double eshield, and use my icecrystal focus pendant 500 barrier skill, I have a total of 6.5k health.
  • Fourth, the 1 mil freeze skimmer is insanely OP for mages. With that skimmer's 1 second cast ice prison skill, I can defeat high levels quite frequently. Ice prison casts faster than sneaky attack, so it is perfect against rogues. While your opponent is frozen, you can toss on a lure, move back some distance, and cast your spell nukes.
This is my fire mage build.

One problem
You have the **** mage armor rating, so bosses literally take you down in 2-3 hits, and because attunement takes so much time to load you literally are hitting 1k or 2k at high lvls on boss for 2-3 whole min, this is with ice mage also, so in another words, you wasted energy.
Then in long boss fight fire or ice mage, rogue or ranger always gets kill, but why, mages hit 5k per hit? Rogues have auto, 7k damage skills, real fast loading skills, ranger 1-2k auto, and if the mage dies there goes attune for another 3 min. People thing attune is a boost but its a weakness. Energy shield nerfed so much, it is not at the rate of more energy cost then damage blocked. Cast time for ice blast is sooo slow, and reload time slower. Not to mention the armor rating sooo low that bosses kill mage before mage is done casting ice blast. I would use a offhand shield but then i realize in a few hits ill be out of energy, because of the ridiculous energy costs.
I have a level 152 fire mage on Arawn. I hit 3-5k on bosses my level per bolt and per storm. On non-pyrus frozen bosses like all-seeing eye, swampy, and chained, I get the kill over DL rogues and rangers. I haven't tried ice mage, but with 1500 focus it takes a while for my energy to deplete. At bosses, I only cast attune right after my aggro has reset after dying and resurrecting. I cast eshield (and ice barrier) only if I have my attune up and the boss is attacking me. This usually allows me to get about 2-3 more attuned hits in before dying.
While dueling rangers with 4-5k hp while the rapid shot, 1k every second, 2 shot rip through shield 3 more shot and mage dead, duel over mage lost. And now the inequalities between rogue and mage, this is a rogue and mage duel: Rogue- sneaky (destroys energy shield) mage-lure rogue-shadow, quickstrike mage- ice shard *start casting ice blast* rogue-rend, auto. duel over, mage lost.
I currently have the highest pvp rank on Arawn (Devastating Wizard). I can take down DL warriors, rogues, rangers… people with around 3-4k health get destroyed in two hits (5-6k health, 3 hits). Anyone on Arawn who has watched me pvp can verify this. Mages actually have several huge advantages in pvp.
  • First and foremost, we benefit enormously from ring swapping. You can equip four attune rings, cast attune, and swap back to fire bolt/storm (or ice shards/blast) and lure rings before a duel starts.
  • Second, we can lure targets. I use a level 35 fire lure for pvp. This allows me to hit 2-3k per bolt/storm consistently, even on tanks using a shield offhand.
  • Third, we can double shield. My level 34 energy shield boosts almost 2k health. I have 2k health normally. If I double eshield, and use my icecrystal focus pendant 500 barrier skill, I have a total of 6.5k health.
  • Fourth, the 1 mil freeze skimmer is insanely OP for mages. With that skimmer's 1 second cast ice prison skill, I can defeat high levels quite frequently. Ice prison casts faster than sneaky attack, so it is perfect against rogues. While your opponent is frozen, you can toss on a lure, move back some distance, and cast your spell nukes.
<span>[url=<a class="smarterwiki-linkify" href="http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=55418]This[/url]">http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=55418]This[/url]</a> is my fire mage build.</span>
One problem is, if your opponent beef up a ***load of resist, you're screwed. This is why mages are actually the worst pvp class. Did my testing. Even if your opponent have a teeny tiny bit of resistance remaining after lure, your dmg would be significantly cut down by a ridiculous amount.

Scorpion, I'm not a mage, but i cn tell u that mages are not the worst. My friend is a lvl 129 mage and he cn beat me in pvp and I am loaded with lux. The 1k+ auto is only for near to dl rangers and dl rangers( full dl) dont judge ur class based on what happens at higher lvls( i assume u r lvl 180+).

Scorpion, I'm not a mage, but i cn tell u that mages are not the worst. My friend is a lvl 129 mage and he cn beat me in pvp and I am loaded with lux. The 1k+ auto is only for near to dl rangers and dl rangers( full dl) dont judge ur class based on what happens at higher lvls( i assume u r lvl 180+).
I'm lvl 130 .-.

i kinda disagree here. a real good ice mage can take out many players in pvp. while some players may be more problematic to fight as a mage, there are still ways around it whether its throwing on a bear helmet or make good use of freeze. as for getting the lock on bosses an ice mage is best for that. real strong mages can get the kill over rogues on bosses, but you have to realize it will always go back and forth between rogues and mages for the kill. there are a lot of variables.

This is my fire mage build.
You seem to be a beast at mages...so why change to a rogue (I'm assuming you're changing to a rogue by your sig; your mages are no longer on there, just your rogue is on there)?
Clan: WolfGang
Chaz - Level 185+ Ranger - Full DL
Inferno19 - Level 127+ Mage
Sneakystrike - Level 195+ Rogue - Full DL
EpIcHeaLzz - Level 137+ Druid
Tankerzz - Level 127+ Warrior (PvP Beast: Invincible Veteran)

World: Mabon

Swan , this is a 150pvp mage : the dmg on rznger/rogues scale better than a mage and yeah a ranger 190 can destroy a mage in pvp now : its rapid shot dbl shot and u r dead before the first dmg skill
Pvp need to be fixed , fight of 1s are just dumb.
Anyway out of topic.
I dont consider attune as a big problem on my mage, if the tank s correct and u play safe, u dont ve a lot of problem (even with my 1500 hp)

Mage ftw

I just started a mage and it's lvl 80...I'm not experiencing any energy problems atm and I'm killing mobs in 1-2 hits... Also amazing at pvp on My 500k skimmer 8-) but I'm still a noob at this so guess I'll find out how hard it is when I'm higher level... But as of now I'm not facing any problems.__.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

You seem to be a beast at mages...so why change to a rogue (I'm assuming you're changing to a rogue by your sig; your mages are no longer on there, just your rogue is on there)?
This is why I made a rogue (link to new topic).

I didn't want to derail this topic about mages and class balance by discussing my personal choices.