Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mages Tuff Choice

Mages have the worst choice to make when they reach higher lvls...Fire or Ice. Fire Mages have the Speed and low energy cost making the perfect Lvling build. Ice is more for PvP and Bossing. Does more damage but takes longer to use again also cost more energy. Me personally I'm a Fire Mage. But Pls do post your thoughts of when and why you chose Fire or Ice :D
Ranger- XxArrowMercxX lvl 154
Druid- Demeter lvl 200 (Lazy Cookie Druid...)
Rogue- SwiftKill lvl 106

Server: Danu
Ascension

DPS Druid
Some people call me Shady, I call myself Insane.

Re: Mages Tuff Choice

For lvling? Fire. No questions asked. Fast cooldown, low energy costs, not gonna get screwed over by one evade.

For pvp? Still Fire. Ik that Ice has great burst dmg but if your foe has even the tiniest bit of ice resis remaining after your lure your shard and blast dmg is SIGNIFICANTLY decreased, this applies to bolt and storm for fire too but ice is waaayyy more severely affected. Finally, one evade, and you're screwed, different story for fire.

Mages have the worst choice to make when they reach higher lvls...Fire or Ice. Fire Mages have the Speed and low energy cost making the perfect Lvling build. Ice is more for PvP and Bossing. Does more damage but takes longer to use again also cost more energy. Me personally I'm a Fire Mage. But Pls do post your thoughts of when and why you chose Fire or Ice :D
"Lower," yes. "Low," I don't think so.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

@SolidScorpion, do note he said "at higher levels". What level is your mage exactly?

Using the combined knowledge of all the 180+ mages in my clan, ice seems to be the winner of leveling, due to the amazing freeze/ice spells combo. Sure, fire mage might be a little quicker, but you'll be burning pots a lot more and dying frequently.

As for PvP, an ice mage demolishes fire mages. 'Nuff said.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

@SolidScorpion, do note he said "at higher levels". What level is your mage exactly?

Using the combined knowledge of all the 180+ mages in my clan, ice seems to be the winner of leveling, due to the amazing freeze/ice spells combo. Sure, fire mage might be a little quicker, but you'll be burning pots a lot more and dying frequently.

As for PvP, an ice mage demolishes fire mages. 'Nuff said.
fire + freeze s definitely better than ice + freeze
and fire mage s better to lvl, its always the same problem with ice , if u evad, u lose much more dmg than a fire evasion
even though u can get good dmg on fire skills, my firestorm does 8kdmg n fire bolt 6500max
i dont see a lot of ice mage with bigger dmg on blast

Mage ftw

Yea I see the point in Your Freeze & Fire combo but there are flaws to it. Fire for me has lvled me up FAST, I had a ice mage when i first started. I was full on Ice but lvl 89 I found it was a complete Pain the da ass. I'm with Solid on this one tho Fire is pretty good as he is 10 lvls higher then my Fire mage. :evil:
Ranger- XxArrowMercxX lvl 154
Druid- Demeter lvl 200 (Lazy Cookie Druid...)
Rogue- SwiftKill lvl 106

Server: Danu
Ascension

DPS Druid
Some people call me Shady, I call myself Insane.

I know that fire mage levels fast.. I never said it didn't. Hell, I'm a fire mage and leveled to 190 so I know the speed at which I can kill mobs.

The problem is dying a lot and using plenty of potions to keep yourself alive and especially not to lose attunement. Freeze prevents this from happening a lot of the time and although overall dps may be less, the cost of leveling up is also much smaller, leading it to be a 'better' choice.

Not sure how you hit 8k fire storms either O.o You must have godly hrung helm or something...
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

1800focus firestorm boots and helm ( helm s only +6:( ) void aggy book , dl armor ,
Maybe i was using bone armor when i did it i dont remember , if i use bone armor its 2050 focus but i lose a lot of fire ability
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (203.65 KiB) Viewed 1740 times

Mage ftw