Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Energy Shield...

the reason why to use e.shield is simple
mages wanna survive longer without losing so much dps, energy shield is a good way to keep foc pretty high while surviving longer

all ik is that if i'll ever try to lvl my mage, thats prob when im done with main, so i wont care to waste pots and elixirs on alts
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Actually, deathreaver, you were wrong. Ed's tests actually support Bob's energy shield findings... The person you originally "assured" was wrong with an air of authority.
This is my point.
If you look back and compare both of our responses to Bob's hypothesis, you'll see that whilst I questioned the validity of an isolated test without knowing the variables, and admitted to not having run any test myself, you simply assured him he was wrong in a blanket statement.
Back to the op, the whole point of this topic I believe was you questioning the validly of energy shield as a skill, and stating that additional vitality points effectively render it redundant. To my mind there has been ample logic and sound argument to demonstrate e-shields worth, and thus (ceteris paribus) I see no need to further debate the matter either.

These findings have helped me tweak my build a little. I was running with 4600 health (600 vit) and 25 points in eshield. I rebirthed and alter to get 3300 health and 40 points in eshield.

This allowed me to put more points in focus.while staying alive just as easy. I put my last 5 points in sacrifice which helps make up for the cost of eshield.

My eshield at 40 was protecting me against 2175 damage.
My eshield at 44 was protecting against 2446 damage.

I hope that i can get eshield to 3,000 damage when i get it to 50 points.

Btw, i dont believe the damage bonus works in pvp, you get the exact damage it states. So for a pvp build, you would want more vit than focus.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

These findings have helped me tweak my build a little. I was running with 4600 health (600 vit) and 25 points in eshield. I rebirthed and alter to get 3300 health and 40 points in eshield.

This allowed me to put more points in focus.while staying alive just as easy. I put my last 5 points in sacrifice which helps make up for the cost of eshield.

Btw, i dont believe the damage bonus works in pvp, you get the exact damage it states. So for a pvp build, you would want more vit than focus.
I've tested pvp too. If you cast it outside of pvp mode then enter pvp mode its the same as normal. Example would be casting it before running in the arena or before a duel starts.
If you cast it inside the arena pvp area or during a duel it will be exactly 1/2 what it normally is.

I've tested pvp too. If you cast it outside of pvp mode then enter pvp mode its the same as normal. Example would be casting it before running in the arena or before a duel starts.
If you cast it inside the arena pvp area or during a duel it will be exactly 1/2 what it normally is.
Sucks ! Lets use freeze for pvp lol

Mage ftw

one strategy that i know some people use is they cast it once before pvp starts and wait like 45 seconds and then send duel request
then during pvp when the shield either expires or is destroyed they recast again

good strategy imo
Danu:
Deathreaver - level 136 Warrior
Flametongue - level 62 Mage

Your findings on eshield for pvp is accurate. Casting before you enter pvp mode helps a lot. It still doesn't help much against Killian as he requires multiple eshields. I still cannot solo Killian at lvl 181.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

The problem happens if you are a fire mage. Your damage is directly porportional to your focus, so... The lower your focus, the lower your bolt damage. Ive tested this out, and having a 1:4 vitality/focus increases you damage substantially then having it reversed. I also noticed my firestorm increase a lot.

There is no way around it. Either you dont die a lot but have a much lower then capable damage, or have higher damage but die a lot. The truth is, if you want to free up points, your gonna have to first, buy a lot of energy luxery, thus freeing up points from energy boost. Then, get a lot of health lux plus sigils to take points out of eshield. This is my experience.

No way around it.. Mages are a money pit if one wishes to maintain any level of sanity while playing. If you are not willing to put money... Hundreds of dollars .... Into your mage.... Get out now. Cut your losses. It gets worse when your over lvl 100.

Just my two cents from a disgruntled mage who is in too deep to bail out now.

Oh, and if your thinking youll just go to ice instead.... That is horrible. I have +7 in ice blast rings and +4 shard ring.... And even with that... WITH $300 lux... With all ice skills maxed except lure, half way, ..... It sucks. And guess what, i miss almost as much as fire.. But when u do with ice.. Your screwed.

Welcome to the life of a mage! It only gets worse from here.
This is not true at all never spend any money on plat have a lvl118 mage and hes fine max ebost and shild then do what you like for attack skills and mages r really good. don't quit because you think they are money pits just build right.