Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

haters gonna hate

ive noticed a lot of people hating on us mages. mainly because of our energy shield :/ i don't see how its unfair lol we don't get heavy armor so we get a temporary shield. anyways just wanted to know what u guys/girls think :P
lvl 101 mage
lvl 150 rogue
lvl 80 warrior
lvl 100 ranger

Re: haters gonna hate

Warrior has shield wall, same as our e shield but at least theirs isnt nerfed and they have armor so our e shield at like 700 would be the same as shield wall at 250 probably for a warrior
Name - 5000 (5k)
Class - ranger
Lvl - 76+
Clan BadaBing

I am the Almighty PlayerOne from Crom, I quit there but this is merely just for my friends!

Why is there the need for hate?

i think mages r alot cheaper than the other classes because we dont have to invest into expensive armor. im a lvl 75 mage with duskshadow and a gold trident of fire and i do just fine soloing
As you said you are level75, when you are higher lvl you will encounter energy issues, especially if you want the best kind of damage.

Personally I think they're complaining for 2 main reasons

1. Double shielding in pvp

BTW if you don't know what "double shield" is or how to do it, I'll explain:
Cast eshield
Wait for 40-50 seconds for cooldown
Duel a player like usual
When first eshield breaks or you think it's about to, recast eshield

Many people (including me) find this habit annoying, hence I suggested about removing all buffs when duel starts, just so mages can't double shield, or ppl don't get buffed by high lvl druids.

2. Apparent "no dmg"

Every mage who uses eshield should get this concept.
When a mob/player hits you, number appears, showing how much dmg was dealt to you (duh), but when eshield is active, numbers would not show up, and there would be no grunting, groaning, or slapping(sound when a hit is landed :lol: ) noise, though hits are still landed (performing the staggering animation) as usual, and dmg still dealt.
This creates the illusion that the player/mob didn't do any dmg at all. It's sort of true in a certain way, the point of eshield is blocking dmg so it shouldn't dmg your health (like shield wall)

The solution to this is relatively simple (I hope), give eshield a life bar, and make numbers appear like usual, just so players/mobs could feel good about themselves and stop whining on forums (dunno if mobs go on forums :mrgreen: )

I also noticed that all the complains/whines are concentrated mainly on PvP, what about PvE? Our enormous energy consumption (don't get me started on druids...) ? Our tissue paper armor? Our poop auto attack dmg?

I suggested about removing all buffs when duel starts, just so mages can't double shield, or ppl don't get buffed by high lvl druids.
To add to this, please don't let anyone put on equipment when the 'Preparing to Duel "insert name". When you duel someone, or get a request, when the duel begins they start wielding insane weapons which can be annoying at times.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I suggested about removing all buffs when duel starts, just so mages can't double shield, or ppl don't get buffed by high lvl druids.
To add to this, please don't let anyone put on equipment when the 'Preparing to Duel "insert name". When you duel someone, or get a request, when the duel begins they start wielding insane weapons which can be annoying at times.
Totally +1, and I enjoyed beating them anyway :D