Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Good PvP Build?

Hello, I recently went full pvp build. I just want feedback and comments on how it can be improved. My mage is level 116 atm.

Stats are:

5 Strength
50 Dexterity
10 (335) Focus with Focus of Seer and Dark Grimoire of Flame
580 (655) Vitality with Shield of the Rampart.

Skills are:

Ice Shards 25/25
Ice Blast 32/25
Ice Attunement 25/25
Energy Shield 29/50
Lure of Ice 15/25
Energy Boost 5/25

Clearly this build doesn't seem to work as I cannot defeat warriors 7 levels below me
Crissa Level 115 Fire Mage of Rhiannon
MIGHTY DREAMSEEKER

PurfectCrissa Level 60 PvP Rogue of Rhiannon
INVINCIBLE CUTTHROAT

Re: Good PvP Build?

Ice build is bad in PvP because one evasion pretty much means you're dead. Why not try a fire built, since you also have a flame grim. Try maxed attunement, shield, bolt, storm and a good enough lure to take away 300-400 resistance. If you have spare points, could maybe put into cloak or incinerate.

If you don't want to switch to fire, put freeze into your build. One of the best PvP skills for an ice mage because of the huge cool downs. You use shards, blast then freeze them. This will give you time to let your skills cool down while not being attacked.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Ice build is OP for low levels (when I mean low I mean 50-), but at ur current lvl it stops working.
So I recommend a fire build.

1. You need more focus, I understand you need alot of health but focus is necessary to do any decent dmg, and to set up ur eshield.
Find a balance between focus and vit, and no pts in dex, players have pretty high atk so they won't miss.

2. Max Firebolt, Max lure (yes, you need lures maxed for pvp), Fire attune, and eshield. Rest of pts in Firestorm.

3. Use shield of Rampart, a mage with a shield sounds ridiculous (I'm confident that I was probably the first mage in Danu to wear a royal shield of mountain in v3), but it works wonders. It gives us something to hide behind besides our eshield and our tissue paper armor.

That's some little tips from an Invincible Professor (want to get rid of the title gah I'm not a professor), I wouldn't reveal my stats (trolololol) b/c it's my strange yet awesome "Solid Build", I have one for every class, but most ppl wouldn't listen to my suggestion anyway so...not telling :P

^ Ice build is OP in the high levels as well. ChopStikNinja and Assibinion are the two top mages (off the top of my head) that are Ice mages, and hit anything between 4 and 8k with both ice shards and ice blast in PvP.. So unless you're a 15k health tank, ice build is really effective.

I think using ICE makes perfectly sense for PVP. Ive FIRE is far better when it comes to efficiency and has a faster cooldown. I was a wimpish using ICE but when I moved to FIRE I became competent. Listen to Solid... I cant barely scratched him with my lvl 121 mage lol :D :lol: :lol:

FIRE is better than ICE if ur talking PVP, I used to be an ICE mage and has a wimpish rating on ranking ( I feel bad about it). Then I switched to FIRE then it turned things around I am now a competent in my ratings. Fire is also good from PVP upto lvling especially SOLOING. Fast cooldowns, Damage is pretty sweet but not as great as ICE visually. but if i were to ask. FIRE is a better option

Up to probably level 120, ice is the better option for PvP. My PvP ice mage is level 40ish, and is sporting an invinsible illusionist rating.

Well I don't like using Fire in PvP since PvP kill needs to be quick and fast. Ice does, less damage than compacted fire but it gets more damage off the bar more quickly
MIGHTY DREAMSEEKER

INVINCIBLE CUTTHROAT

Ice build is bad in PvP because one evasion pretty much means you're dead. Why not try a fire built, since you also have a flame grim. Try maxed attunement, shield, bolt, storm and a good enough lure to take away 300-400 resistance. If you have spare points, could maybe put into cloak or incinerate.

If you don't want to switch to fire, put freeze into your build. One of the best PvP skills for an ice mage because of the huge cool downs. You use shards, blast then freeze them. This will give you time to let your skills cool down while not being attacked.
Freeze sucks in PvP. Its endurance is cut in half making it useless since I do not have sigils
MIGHTY DREAMSEEKER

INVINCIBLE CUTTHROAT