Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The first thing a Mage should purchase (For Beginners)

So you are putting points in fire attun and cloak even though fire attun doesnt help cloak of fire in any way (only bolt and storm)? That's absolutely bizzare. Not a wise build imho.
I am using bolt, at 1 skill point, it does 30 damage and Ice shards does 92 at one skill point. I am constantly using both skills but I only have them at 1 skill point because of energy cost. Cloak is my main damage source, which is an extra bolt/shard. I was able to get fire attunement at lvl 20 because I collected close to 200 presents selling at 50 gold each. 10 spawn in the tavern every 5 minutes, giving you 120 an hr. You can also get 5-6 really fast around the village. This is the fastest way to get gold for a new player.

Maybe I should have clarified that for new players as they might not understand how Fire Attune works.

Leveling from 20-36 is very easy. I learned that I needed to raise eshield and eboost earlier than I thought. Instead of taking Lure of fire to 5 like I had planned, I only took it to 3, and I raised eboost to 5, eshield to 4. Not having issues with survival or energy management right now.

My build at lvl 32:
5 str, 37 dex, 106 focus, 37 vitality.
4 energy shield
5 energy boost
3 lure of fire
11 cloak of fire
13 fire attune
1 fire bolt
1 ice shard
1 bandage wounds

The above are the 8 skills on my skill bar. I am killing 3 star lvl 35's with no problem at all. Armor is still Embossed Chain with a Reinforced Targe. I haven't got the chest piece helm or the Greater Torc of Protection (amulet spot, gives 27 armor). The greater torc will be another small boost in survival until I can afford regen. I'm at 4k gold and have 70 presents (70x50= 3,500 gold). Once I reach level 39, I will move to twisted tunnels in Fingals Cave to kill bats and rats. Bats and rats have a drop rate for skills. Double attack sells for 10k, ripostle will sell for 5-10k, ice blast will sell for 5k (I'll use the first I get), longshot for 3k, bless for 1k, and shatter for 4k.

I'll let everyone know how this build works on bats and rats (there are 4 stars that could be a challenge). So far the build is working amazingly. No problems at all from lvl 1-32 and I'm currently killing lvl 35 3 stars with ease.
Last edited by Bobert on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

So you are putting points in fire attun and cloak even though fire attun doesnt help cloak of fire in any way (only bolt and storm)? That's absolutely bizzare. Not a wise build imho.
I am using bolt, at 1 skill point, it does 30 damage and Ice shards does 92 at one skill point. I am constantly using both skills but I only have them at 1 skill point because of energy cost. Cloak is my main damage source, which is an extra bolt/storm.

Maybe I should have clarified that for new players as they might not understand how Fire Attune works.

Leveling from 20-36 is very easy. I learned that I needed to raise eshield and eboost earlier than I thought. Instead of taking Lure of fire to 5 like I had planned, I only took it to 3, and I raised eboost to 5, eshield to 4. Not having issues with survival or energy management right now.

My build at lvl 32:
4 energy shield
5 energy boost
3 lure of fire
11 cloak of fire
13 fire attune
1 fire bolt
1 ice shard
1 bandage wounds

The above are the 8 skills on my skill bar. I am killing 3 star lvl 135's with no problem at all. Armor is still Embossed Chain with a Reinforced Targe. I haven't got the chest piece helm or the Greater Torc of Protection (amulet spot, gives 27 armor). The greater torc will be another small boost in survival until I can afford regen. I'm at 4k gold and have 70 presents (70x50= 3,500 gold). Once I reach level 39, I will move to twisted tunnels in Fingals Cave to kill bats and rats. Bats and rats have a drop rate for skills. Double attack sells for 10k, ripostle will sell for 5-10k, ice blast will sell for 5k (I'll use the first I get), longshot for 3k, bless for 1k, and shatter for 4k.

I'll let everyone know how this build works on bats and rats (there are 4 stars that could be a challenge). So far the build is working amazingly. No problems at all from lvl 1-32 and I'm currently killing lvl 35 3 stars with ease.
Killing 3* level 135's, hmm sceptical ;)
Mage.

I am using bolt, at 1 skill point, it does 30 damage and Ice shards does 92 at one skill point. I am constantly using both skills but I only have them at 1 skill point because of energy cost. Cloak is my main damage source, which is an extra bolt/storm.

My build at lvl 32:
4 energy shield
5 energy boost
3 lure of fire
11 cloak of fire
13 fire attune
1 fire bolt
1 ice shard
1 bandage wounds

The above are the 8 skills on my skill bar. I am killing 3 star lvl 135's with no problem at all. Armor is still Embossed Chain with a Reinforced Targe. I haven't got the chest piece helm or the Greater Torc of Protection (amulet spot, gives 27 armor). The greater torc will be another small boost in survival until I can afford regen. I'm at 4k gold and have 70 presents (70x50= 3,500 gold). Once I reach level 39, I will move to twisted tunnels in Fingals Cave to kill bats and rats. Bats and rats have a drop rate for skills. Double attack sells for 10k, ripostle will sell for 5-10k, ice blast will sell for 5k (I'll use the first I get), longshot for 3k, bless for 1k, and shatter for 4k.

Killing 3* level 135's, hmm sceptical ;)
ha, I fixed. My main mage is lvl 191 so I've grown used to throwing a 1 before levels. Thank you for spotting.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

My build at lvl 32:
4 energy shield
5 energy boost
3 lure of fire
11 cloak of fire
13 fire attune
1 fire bolt
1 ice shard
1 bandage wounds
Y is the dex at 37???? Mages and druids use foc and vit more put str and dex at start pts and put the pts in yur foc and vit!!!

I would say put your focus at 120 and rest in vit!! If yur still lvl 32 at least.... Go the 3:2 foc:vit.... It works really well!!!

My build at lvl 32:
4 energy shield
5 energy boost
3 lure of fire
11 cloak of fire
13 fire attune
1 fire bolt
1 ice shard
1 bandage wounds
Y is the dex at 37???? Mages and druids use foc and vit more put str and dex at start pts and put the pts in yur foc and vit!!!

I would say put your focus at 120 and rest in vit!! If yur still lvl 32 at least.... Go the 3:2 foc:vit.... It works really well!!!
I believe this is horrible advice your giving about the 3/2 focus vit. Vit is completely useless on a mage with a strong energy shield as you dont lose health that often. Ive ran my mage at 100% focus before for dragonlord bosses and didnt die often because my energy shield protected around 3400 damage. That is 3400 damage i dont have to heal, because a new energy shield can be reapplied.

Dex provides defense which is vital for survival. Dex is way more important than vitality with surviving as a mage without luxury items. The more you dodge attacks, the longer your energy shield will last. In a perfect world, your energy shield will last as long as the cooldown takes, allowing for you to reapply for new protection.

I am making this for new players and spending the time testing it on a completely new server.

Now I don't mean to cause offense when I say your suggestion is poor advice, I want you to think of yourself in the shoes of a new player with no luxury or hp sigils. Without hp regen luxury or hp sigils, you rely on bandage wounds and recuperation for health regen,

Bandage wounds is a waste of skill points and only heals me for 25 each time every 20-30 seconds.

Recuperation only gives me 7 health per tick and requires me to wait for health outside of battle, waiting outside of battle is a time waster,

My goal is to eliminate time wasters such as waiting for energy and health to regen. The build I'm providing is a very low energy cost build allowing you to manage it effectively with energy boost with as few points as possible allocated towards it. Survival from 4 points in energy shield has been going very well at lvl 35. I am wearing the warrior armor (embossed chain and reinforced shield) rom the item seller at the village.

My fire attunement is at 18 (261 bonus) as i was able to buy a +3 ring for 2k. My 1 skill point in fire bolt gives me around 40 damage, so my max firebolt is currently over 300 damage and it only costs me 3 energy to use. Imagine if i had firestorm.

I cannot kill 4 star mobs my lvl, but i can take down 3s and go through 3-4 2 stars before eshield breaks, it takes around 40-59 mob kills to level, so rapid fire between fights makes it go quick.

Waiting for health and energy to regen between battles will make leveling very slow.

I hope I help explained. To put in perspective, if 100 defense allows you to dodge 3/10 hits and the damage is 20 per hit, that is 60 health or damage to eshield that you avoided. The benefit goes up as the damage goes up. Wait until you hit the 4 star boggans, they hit around 400 damage per swing. You will want to dodge around 35-50% of their swings with 500-600 defense.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

It took me a couple hours to do the chessmaster quest, but the helm gives 17 armor and 30 defense, a lot better than the embossed chain helm. I was also able to purchase a greater torc of protection for 1k gold. I tried farming it but i found a seller. 1k gold is 2 trips to the tavern for 20 presents. Big time saver.

I am on my 3rd day with around 7-8 hrs into my character, i am at lvl 37. Goal is to get duskshadow gloves. Leveling on the hill in shalemont is still very easy.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

Ive been busy so haven't played on Epona in awhile, but i was able to reach lvl 43 very fast. Killing the rats from fingals entrance to twisted tunnels leystone is a very fast way to level from 37-42. Start at leystone,then kill in the direction of entrance to shalemont. You will get around 3 full bars each run.

Ive been adding to eshield and energy boost to keep survival and energy management up. I now kill between the first bear and rat room. The kills are easy and quick, there's no wait between fights unless i fight a 4 star, 4 stars require double eshield, but they arent difficult. I can basically keep adding to eboost and eshield until lvl 50.

At lvl 50 i am buying a 5 energy regen ring. I may start adding points into fire bolt at that point, depending on energy management. I need to save around 30-40k for firestorm skill.

The build will work up to lvl 60 without a problem. Should also work on wisps to lvl 70. As you get lux, you can start adding skill points (slowly) to fire bolt.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

I am now level 50. It went very fast from 42-50. I spent some of the time doing the quests in Shalemont. I am on the last one where I have to kill Luther. I will attempt when I reach level 55. I'm currently killing level 53-55 bears, rats, and bats. They're all easy, including 4 stars.

My build:
15 Cloak of fire
15 Fire Attunement (18 with a +3 ring)
10 Energy Boost
10 energy Shield
4 Lure of fire
1 fire bolt
1 ice shard
1 bandage wounds

I have 15k, with over 40 presents (2k worth to sell). I will try to buy an energy ring as soon as I find a seller.

Everything has been smooth sailing so far.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon

I haven't done much on Epona lately, my mage there is only 51. But the build works with no problems.

I have a level 72 mage on Rhiannon and I was killing pirates using the same build with only a silver energy regen amulet (10 energy regen). I was not having issues with 1-3 stars and needed to double eshield for the 4 stars. Overall, the build works very well. Easy kills non-stop.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon