Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: h2h vs foucs and wand? (main weapon and offhand what to

My main isnt a mage, but im pretty sure wands have no strength multiplier, if you want more dps, stick to the focus to add damage and such to your spells, if you want more Auto Attack, Get one of the damaging offhands from 100+ shop. My main is a druid so My advice isn't the best most likely, As i know nearly nothing of Dps.

117+ Druid (Main) RedDogy
70+ Ranger
63+ Rogue
World: Morrigan
Clan: Looking for clan. (Old one was dead)
Current: Class Balance is a must!

Don't Judge a book by its cover.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

I try to stick with things with focus and energy bonuses as the focus increases your spell dmg. Regen is helpful, but if you use boost then its kinda negligible (not completely, just not as neccessary). I try to stay away from things that increase auto dmg instead, because that helps very little since mages are casting the majority of the time.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

The 250 damage offhand axe would be a very viable thing to use in your current build, obviously with hand to hand. As a mage you will get 50% more damage out of it than other classes would if you have a properly adjusted lure.

If you have the right combination of spells, you will be able to get in about 3-6 hits h2h per round of spells. 3-6 hits is 750-1500 damage per round of spells. I seriously doubt that 200 focus can boost your spells by a total of 750-1500 damage per round but you will need to take off your focus and add up how much damage is changed for your spells. then also test and see how many h2h punches you typically get in during cooldown times in 1 round of spells.

Obviously it is a slightly different path for the mage, as you will have less energy, but it also costs less energy to kill monsters since you will have a good and fast auto attack. It is definatly worth considering :).

I have gone both ways and I think both ways are viable.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Again md, you forget, there isn't just one spell! Also you probably aren't taking in main hands attack speed, because even druids know firebolt is pretty fast. Think before you act. 200 foc is the way to go.

117+ Druid (Main) RedDogy
70+ Ranger
63+ Rogue
World: Morrigan
Clan: Looking for clan. (Old one was dead)
Current: Class Balance is a must!

Don't Judge a book by its cover.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

Again md, you forget, there isn't just one spell! Also you probably aren't taking in main hands attack speed, because even druids know firebolt is pretty fast. Think before you act. 200 foc is the way to go.
Lol who are you? I'm a level 140 mage who has spent dozens of levels doing each. Firebolt is 6 second cooldown, and with heroic gloves AND WITH HAND TO HAND, NO MAINHAND you hit every 1.4 seconds. so between firebolts you can get in 3 auto attacks, 750 listed damage with a lvl 100 axe. sometimes that will be slightly less when firestorm is casting.
Last edited by mdimarco on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

Wands are almost useless..specially in late game.
Ehh, dragonlord wand gives 200 focus.

Just sayin'...
and doesn't increase fire and ice abilities :/
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?