Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Items That A Good Mage Equips!!

What I would do is just go group with people lv40 and up and have a killing spree at Shalemont Ravine. Lol. P.S. Should I sell my stave of storms? I have a stave of tempests, so should I sell the stave of storms?

Tempest is more of a collectors item and storms aint great anyway when you get all 4 damage spells you don't get time for auto attacks so what ever you have equipt wont really matter
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

at level 30 you really shouldnt needa ask for help on forums.

however i suggest hitting the tav then head back to your usual spot and go all out.
Terrible advice. Any level is fine to come seek advice on forum to further your development in the game. In fact was a great idea to come here and ask for guidance. Alot of us are helpful,while some are sour for no reason. Anyways like alot have said before focus above all else when it comes to gear. Energy regen delux items are key,and for a player not willing to spend alot of plat on energy sigals energy boost which is a skill is a must.

Anyways welcome to the forums aswell as celtic heroes. Goodluck in your grind to become a powerful wizard :D
Druid-185+ Server-Rosmerta Clan-Forever "Believe none of what you hear,and half of what you see."

left4dead wrote:
at level 30 you really shouldnt needa ask for help on forums.
Forget that - i have a level 154 mage, and im still trying to work out the best way to play.

All mage builds can be good, depending on your style of play

If i can just say one thing, dont try to use all the skills.

My Build is:

50/35 ice shards
39/35 firebolt
39/35 firestorm
20/35 fire lure
16/35 ice lure
4/35 e-shield (or 9 if swap out a ring)
13/35 sacrifice
all other skills lvl 1.

this is pretty much your highest dps build, (however some would argue you could swap out firestorm for cloak of fire or incinerate if you wanted) but I find firestorm to be the best of the three after significant testing. firestorm hits big however lure of fire DOES NOT affect an enemies resistance to firestorm so keep that in mind (technically is a magic damage, not a fire damage - this is probably because it hits multiple targets and OTM cant fix it).

try and get your hands on a few rings, for example before i engage the enemy I can equip a grand e-sheild ring, cast on myself and put my ice shards ring back on.

Dont go too high on your lures, remember that they can only reduce an enemy's resistance to 0, no lower (eg they cant go into minus), so if youre lure of fire is 20, but you only need lvl 10 to reduce the enemy resist to zero, thats 10 stats wasted!, keep adding to the lure and killing your current enemies until you get close to your biggest damage (tells you next to the icon on the skills screen)

with stats, u need to work out what style you play more than 60% of your game play.

There are 5 main ways a mage can play.

- group DPS <--- imho the best way to play
- Group support
- solo
- with a druid only
- melee (dont bother)

for group mages, optimum build is 75% focus/25% vitality
if you lvl with a druid 70% focus and 30% vit
for solo, you want to have slightly more HP so do 60%focus/40% vit (so you can take a couple more hits)

mages do not require any other stats than vit and focus.

i you can afford them buy sigils. Sigils increase your regen per tick permanently whilst NOT 'im combat mode' ie when your standing up straight and not in the crouched combat position. Unfortunately mage is a class that greatly benefits from the use of sigils.

They do work on the lava floor (when you get there) @ 50% of their normal rate. 'Per tick' means 5 seconds. The lava floor puts you 'in combat mode' ie. you get hit once every 7-8 seconds, and takes a few seconds to wear off. Your sigils therefore only kick in every second tick

If you choose to purchase them and youre not sure how many of each to get, your optimum sigil purchase is exactly the same ratio of focus : vitality (as you chose above)

Follow the main quest line (that will help with your items and xp).
I hope that will help.
ChopstikNinja - Regretfully Retired from Celtic Heroes
Highest rank:Top 10 or so across all servers September?? 2014
Dollars Spent: $210?? Give or take $20
World: Crom
Class: Mage
Level: 206+
Senior Publicist, The Dal Riata Enquirer

about a 4/1 focus/ vit ratio. And always have firebolt maxed, cloak of fire maxed, energy boost maxed, and lure of fire maxed. Of course, in order to max them u need to lvl a lot.
good BUT you never ever want to have maxed lure of fire (unless you are only bossing). Even lava monsters have only about 400 fire resist. Most other mobs have much less. Keep fire lure between 1/4 to 6/7ths maxed. most of the time you will want it about 1/2 maxed.

notsofast if you haven't figured out how to figure out how
much fire resist a mob has pm me its important.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Personally I have always solo'd. I think it is the fastest way to level and most reliable from lvl 0-141. To make a solo build at high levels you will need maxed eshield and may need to do a double shield on 3 stars.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Yeah that all used to be great advice! Really good stuff guys.
Unfortunately, mages have been nerfed. So your only option now would be to group level. Actually, cash in your toon now and make another class. You will be better off. There's no fun involved playing a high level Mage now. Unless otm gives mages back all that's been taken away- start another class.