Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mages STILL underpowered at high levels

So let me give you a situation:

I am a mage trying to solo the lvl 140 guards with a dual device druid.

I'm lvl 136

A warrior hybrid is doing the same thing as me. He is killing them all day long as I painstakingly unravel mob resistances to optimize my lures so i can have a shot at beating them. I use several rebirth's and alt's to do this.

Well I fail for the time bieng and group with the warrior.

I never get the kill. He always out DPS' me. He is lvl 130. Also I'm lowing resist to ice and fire by 250! (reducing mob resist to 0).

Also he can take hits all day long! There were two of them on him and he STILL didn't die before we killed the first one.

Well I finally resorted to dual shielding (using several more alt's and rebirth's). I can solo them now with my dual device druid. However that requires a 1.5 minute eshield cooldown wait between mobs (30 to cast 1st and 1 min to cast second) while he can go mob to mob with no downtime.

We both have comparable high end gear and I have roughly 1400 sigils.

Thanks for looking into this OTM.

Ps: my suggestion would be to decrease cooldown of eshield and/or increase mage DPS again.

Thank you.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Re: Mages STILL underpowered at high levels

Ur not the right build. Mages are really good now, if i could i would switch my 151 warrior to mage.
...wow dude are u fricking kidding????? hes a reverse engineer of the ****ing game, "ur not the right build" my ass.
mages if any thing are over powered lol
maybe, but lvling is impossible, maybe they kill a lot faster, but nrg regen takes the time of 20 mob kills, therefore mages are the slowest to lvl other than druids. jeez give marco a break!
Lv 130 active rogue
Coolbreezer
Long lost level 100 mage
Uziweaut

Thank you uzi, yes I have a ton of painstaking and plat intensive mage experience. The mage I am right now is the best possible build for the 140 guards out of tons of theory and testing.

It is the high levels where the mage falls out of the running, even still with the recent mage tweaks.

Also uzi I have 1400 sigils! so energy regen isn't an issue in the slightest for me.

Really what I think would help tremendously at these high levels is reducing eshield cooldown and yes, we need more DPS at end game levels only! Yes at low levels (103) mages are great DPS. But at these high levels when they are struggling to keep up with warriors DPS that have 8x armor than us, something's wrong.

Also every single point i have is in DPS and eshield. I have no energy regen skills since I don't need it with my sigils.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

Mages aren't meant to solo or tank, if the war was than he was using restos or had a healer. Mages can be amazin DPS but the 'who got the kill' thing is not always accurate. You may be causing more damage to happen but it does not give your char credit for it. If you cast the cloak of fire on him, that is extra damage he gets credit for, if you cast fire and ice lure and he has on offhand fire or ice sword and radiant armor, that is also helping him do more damage.

It isn't so much that mages are under powered, more so that the 'who got the kill' message isn't always accurate as to who caused the most damage to happen.

Also, now a days a lot of mages are opting for an all fire or all ice build and not waisting points on maxing both ice and fire lure.

Mages can be amazing DPS, I am a 150 Rogue with mostly best gear possible an our clan mage can out dps me on occasion.
Petition to Eliminate "No Shaming" Rule from World Forums!

I like how the people saying mages are overpower are only level 100s....

Level a mage up to the 125+ and then you'll see
I will occasionly browse the forums, but for the most part im done.

If you wish to contact me, please feel free to message, as my E-mail is hooked up with the messages :D

Thank you everyone, for making this a special game.

Hmm guffy I do like your points. I could try a freeze mage similar to strategy for wyerns. I'll try that out and let you know how it goes.

But no he didn't have more dps gear than me. Yes he had a dual box druid but so did I.

And he out dps'd me with or without cloak added.

Mages just fall behind any other class (maybe excepting druids) in solo ability. I'm not saying they should be better, just on par. We need higher dps at these levels to compensate for warriors and other classes higher armor. Druids could get their personal heals buffed.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

I dont think you are lieing obviously but I also have experienced first hand on several several ocassions whereby mages pretty much get a good % of the kills. Be it exp group or boss fights and there are very good rogues/rangers/warriors with comparable levels. Mages are now really doing very impressive dps and any more increase and the melee classes will have an uproar tbh.

Also, even if you do think this is not enough, just wait till update 4 for the caster speed gears to pop out. This may be the ultimate dream gear for mages :D
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Just my 2 cents worth here. I have quit leveling my mage primarily Because I have spent tons of money on the best possible lux items, regen items, and alot of sigils. even with the best setup, I can't keep up with energy. So that was my chance to start over on a new world. If a mage becomes profitable again I will play it.
DR Derp of Donn
Meh