Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mages are still a weak class...don't play one

At level 92 I soloed level 100 4* mobs so I have to disagree that the Mage still sucks. Energy regen sure, but all else is firing on all eight cylinders.
Gotta agree, the patch at least eased leveling a bit damage-wise, and a slight bit energy regen-wise. Of course it's not perfect, but one can't ask for anything to be right for a single class in a mmo, i guess. Although sacrifice seems to have been nerfed in the meantime.

LOL with the new patch I LOVE my mage. Being a main Druid running out of energy, my mage has a support my druid build.

Energy Boost 32
Cloak of Fire 32
Lure of fire 28
Lure of Ice 4
Fire bolt 8
Ice shade 25

Before doing aggra i was bored and thought why not try to see if I can do any of the Wyverns. Started with the 140...and WOW a lvl 109 Mage with a LVL 136 druid could easily do it. Moved on to the 145....also not a problem! With the Lords it was close a few times....but at the end my tiny support mage can take down the big boys :lol:
LadyB - Ancient - LVL 188 Druid
MagicB - Ancient - LVL 188 Mage

At level 92 I soloed level 100 4* mobs so I have to disagree that the Mage still sucks. Energy regen sure, but all else is firing on all eight cylinders.
Gotta agree, the patch at least eased leveling a bit damage-wise, and a slight bit energy regen-wise. Of course it's not perfect, but one can't ask for anything to be right for a single class in a mmo, i guess. Although sacrifice seems to have been nerfed in the meantime.
I agree 100%. I think people need to realize that a free to play game needs to have aspects for each class that would benefit from IAPs. In the Mage case that would be energy sigils. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, rather it is the cornerstone of all free to play games that offer IAP.

You are such an idiot mages are awaome i am only level 47 and i can take out lvl 60 to 70 warriors druids and rogues. I think you just suck
You don't get it.

PvP doesn't mean anything to PvM

I have a lvl 125 mage that could beat any rouge, warrior, druid or ranger (without bolas) on the entire server before any mage tweak patches.

So I think I know what I'm talking about in this regard.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

LOL with the new patch I LOVE my mage. Being a main Druid running out of energy, my mage has a support my druid build.

Energy Boost 32
Cloak of Fire 32
Lure of fire 28
Lure of Ice 4
Fire bolt 8
Ice shade 25

Before doing aggra i was bored and thought why not try to see if I can do any of the Wyverns. Started with the 140...and WOW a lvl 109 Mage with a LVL 136 druid could easily do it. Moved on to the 145....also not a problem! With the Lords it was close a few times....but at the end my tiny support mage can take down the big boys :lol:
Get lure of magic to support your Druid if you can. :mrgreen: