Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Are there any benefits to being a Mage anymore? (-.-)

not... really...

You do get a lot of health with energy shield but a druid can't heal it so its worthless outside solo and dueling.

Leveling takes forever because even if you have 400 sigils you have to wait for energy shield cooldown.

(and did I mention you need a ton of sigils?)

Even with no regen skills and full top notch lux you still cant out dps decent rangers, rogues, and warriors that are 10 levels below you.

Since leveling is still best solo, support lures for other classes are wasted untill you hit max level.

On the bright side: You WILL be king of 1 on 1 dueling... but who really cares about that?
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Hahaha yea i just decided to start writing on forums hehe. I have a 127 Mage though but 129 is super close! How did u know?

I was actually about to edit the other post with this: I have a 127 Mage and its not much fun to play anymore. I can count 10x more cons than pros to being a Mage. It's a shame how a rogue 13 levels below me can now out dps me:(

**Edit**
Lol I just remembered the post I made on iceshards:)

Sir Blaze333 wrote:Mages are no easy class, thats for sure! But I can see mages as a really good end-game class. Totaly powerful, no doubt.

Too bad the end game keeps getting moved farther out of my reach lol (with the level increases)

But even then we cannot out dps the other classes, and thats why I picked a mage; supposed to be a king of dps.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

mdimarco wrote:
Sir Blaze333 wrote:Mages are no easy class, thats for sure! But I can see mages as a really good end-game class. Totaly powerful, no doubt.

Too bad the end game keeps getting moved farther out of my reach lol (with the level increases)

But even then we cannot out dps the other classes, and thats why I picked a mage; supposed to be a king of dps.

Ikr!! Even if Mages are not the king of dps we should still have the same dps as a rogue at our level. It's embarrassing to see a rogue 10 levels below me gain aggro and get the kill:(

mdimarco wrote:

Ummm, the lures create outstanding (indirect) dps. Cloak of fire also works like that. I know what you mean though.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)