Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Life of a Druid: Group Play

So now that we are no longer to be a soloing class with the increased XP (ok - you CAN be, but you're not going to keep up with someone who's teamed with a DPS class) what is your reaction to the grouped XP? Does it make you feel more useful? Less useful? I think its funny how the druid took such a massive gameplay change and very few people said anything about it. Also, is there any rebels out there that refuse to group, and if so.. why? I noticed that this game is pushing druids to rely much more on the social aspect, and in my opinion, it should. What are your thoughts, and should it stay this way?

Re: The Life of a Druid: Group Play

I have not hunted alone since the update. I have branched out and made a few great neew friends. Its a wonderful aspect of the druid. Some rogues will not group wtih me because they can get by with elixirs and health pots and make 20k a kill. What can I offer that is worth them losing half their xp per kill?

The storm spell is not dropping so I cannot speak to the soloability with that dps spell. Instead I try to offer a showering of spells that eliminate downtime and death for my hunting partners.

In boss fights, particularly golems, i find my role difficult. I have a great group heal, but it isnt always enough and with my focus ocer 350 base, I get a lot of aggro and the group cannot always either get to me in time or pull aggro in time, so I use more idols in one day than in all my time pre update.

I am not sure what my final build will be, I will definitely stay group focused through lvl 120, if I ever change, it will depend on stomr touch.
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

I used to solo all the time. In update I have soloed maybe 10 mobs. :lol: Now druids are forced to rely on other classes. I just hope the other classes will benefit more with a druid rather than going solo. If so its a win win situation.
Server: Herne
Clan: ResUrgeNs
Class:.......Druid...................Ranger
Character: Superman8977.....Luminous
Level:.......212.....................215

Yea I'm a lvl 94 warrior in danu and even I find grouping a must, so don't think that because you have to you guys suck and as for being usefull if anything the update has made druids even more usefull. I love grouping with a Druid he keeps me alive with spells and in return I keep him alive and take aggro I think it's a great partnership and in the end we get tons of xp
Leagion- warrior- lvl 141

I feel betrayed, lost, and confused

I still solo mobs all the time I hate groups unless for boss or helping someone. My stats are all vit and focus so I don't understand why you can't solo. I think Druid is way better after update personally. Druids are good tanks too. I've never gotten ksed and my strength is 5. Druid is better then my ranger now. People just don't get the new druid stats I guess.
Gacob:133+ Ranger/DPS
HealxDIM:115+ Druid/Healer
Orpheus:106+ Warrior/Tank
Valkyrie:117+ Rouge/DPS
Severus: 93+ Mage/Warlock
World of XXXXXX!
Clan: N/A Rank: N/A

I still do quite a bit of solo killing with a lot of success, though gaining xp with a Rogue is an excellent alternative that works well. You can still gain a good amount of xp solo post update if you are a druid.
Eternal Sin
omad - Druid 131
omao2 - Warrior 108
omao - Rogue 83
omaw - Mage 79
omao3 - Ranger 26

I still solo mobs all the time I hate groups unless for boss or helping someone. My stats are all vit and focus so I don't understand why you can't solo. I think Druid is way better after update personally. Druids are good tanks too. I've never gotten ksed and my strength is 5. Druid is better then my ranger now. People just don't get the new druid stats I guess.
What level are you?
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

I dislike the new CH Druid. It pains me to say that, because I love the concept of the class, and have been a die-hard Druid since I first played Everquest about 13 years ago or so.

I liked the Druid pre-update. I could solo effectively, and enjoyed grouping.

As you say, soloing is next to impossible now. I'm sorry, but "I've made new friends" is not a valid endorsement for the class.

I don't think we should be forced to group in order to level, and those who say grouping is a win-win situation, I'm sorry, it is not. Pre-update, perhaps yes. It was a win-win situation. But with the new abilities, we need to either solo or tank in order to raise the abilities. If we can't solo, and are (essentially) forced to group, the tank gets the benefit of exp, free heals, and can level the new abilities by taking the brunt of magic attacks. The Druid only gains in exp., and abilities are stuck in the basement.

We need to be able to solo so that we can have these magic attacks thrust upon us. Only then will warding, willpower etc. be increased and be usefull. And before anyone says "but if you are grouped with a good tank, you won't need the abilities in the first place," that misses the point.

We should each be able to play the game as we each see fit and enjoy.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

I have to agree with dersu. The new update made the druid too dependent on other players just to lvl up.it is undeniably frustrating to try lvling up alone. My lvl 92 druid can hardly kill a lvl 80 eye just near the entrance of otherworld. I had to rely on either rogue or warrior just to level up.

But, there is also an advantage to druids in this new update. U are a preferred member of a group when it comes to boss runs. Since idols and potions now have restrictions, i think u know what happens when all of the party members die while waiting for idols to allow you to ressurrect urself. (5more seconds....3more seconds....0seconds...) The boss get's healed to 100%.

I've tried lvling with a rogue, and it went just fine. But the only abilities i can lvl up are Natures Magic, weapon, and sometimes an occasional first aid. The only times an enemy attacks me directly would be if i charge ahead of my partner, or i get aggro from too much healing, and also area dmg from enemies (it's not direct :D).

The way i see it, to raise our other abilities, we either lvl up real high so that we can solo enemies (that are too low lvl then) or we can partner with another druid while one attacks and receive dmg from enemy, while the other heals and supports, and vice versa. Or, we can find enemies from stonevalee, shalemont, and lirs that are similar in power to otherworld enemies. But this would detain us from also getting exp. this is truly a quandary.

I hope some other druids can share of another way to do it.
World: Gwydion
Clan: Solitaire
Indira lvl 189 Druid , Job: Healer
LaVerne lvl 160 Rogue, Clan rank: Noob
LadyDiamond lvl 160 Connacht Warrior
BlackBerry lvl 185 Ranger ;Druid Lvl 125;Mage lvl 101