Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Howling wind

I am wondering why howling wind gives 2 descriptions. On the skill page it says that it lowers the enemy attack by x amount, but when you cast it, it says it lowers the enemy chance to attack. Also i am lvl 132 and i dont see the benefit of this skill.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: Howling wind

I believe attack is just how likely you are to hit; like low attack means a lot of misses (and/or dodges/blocks/parries never been sure if it's purely attack or defense, or a combination...), high attack means fewer misses.
(Either that or I'm misinterpreting either the question or stats in general (or both). :) )

Benefit is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't know of anyone who actively uses it...

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Best way to use this ability is taking 50 out of VIT and 50 out of FOCUS and placing those points into DEX. You then max the ability Howling Winds and the buff Bless. Build idea could look like this:
Hybrid---
Howling Winds: 26/30
Bless: 26/30
Nature's Touch: 27/30
Vines: 25/30
Strike: 26/30
Support ---
Howling Winds: 28/30
Bless: 28/30
Nature's Touch: 27/30
Bark: 27/30
Embrace: 26/30
(Maybe make room for Abundance Aura?)
DPS ---
Howling Winds: 25/30
Bless: 25/30
Strike: 25/30
Vines: 25/30
Nature's Touch: 1/30 (emergency uninterrupted heal PvE)
Storm Touch: 25/30
Embrace: rest of points here

Just an idea of how to incorporate build. It's a must have with Bless. The concept behind the theory is that you should have so much evasion that you really won't need bark because you won't be taking damage. You also don't need embrace as much because you are again not taking damage. A solid nature's Touch ability will still allow you to heal for 900+ and that's a good chunk of health ( and as long as you're one v one most mobs can't hit quick enough to interrupt you twice ) leaving embrace unused. I haven't tried any of these builds yet ( I have a 132 druid main myself ) but I am contemplating trying them. Would also be very wise and beneficial to have full set of Auxiliary armor from the OtherWorld armor quest ( similiar to Shalemont/Stonevale ) as they give really good evasions as well! Let me know how this works! I may give it a try myself.

[quote="hardxkor"]Best way to use this ability is taking 50 out of VIT and 50 out of FOCUS and placing those points into DEX. You then max the ability Howling Winds and the buff Bless. Build idea could look like this:
/quote]
Howl scales with Focus now. There's no need to add points into Dex anymore.
Kiwi puff, Lvl 224 Ranger
Proud Guardian of Havoc, Morrigan.

Best way to use this ability is taking 50 out of VIT and 50 out of FOCUS and placing those points into DEX. You then max the ability Howling Winds and the buff Bless. Build idea could look like this:
/quote]
Howl always worked off focus. I'm confused by what you mean. It's an attack vs defense skill. If you have 0 defense, then winds isn't going to work at all.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

/quote]
Howl always worked off focus. I'm confused by what you mean. It's an attack vs defense skill. If you have 0 defense, then winds isn't going to work at all.
Ohh my bad. I thought I remembered seeing it scales with dex last time. And yeah, you do have a point.
Kiwi puff, Lvl 224 Ranger
Proud Guardian of Havoc, Morrigan.

/quote]

Okay, I see what you mean. You still need dex to have the defense. Without the defensive points, you are useless. I have tried using this build on myself and my gf's ranger. The moment I put 100 dex into my stats I was able to dodge 80% of hits. Without the points in DEX, you will only dodge about 50% of the hits. Unfortunately, no matter how much you scale the ability, a class must have dex to accommodate the build. Please feel free to try this yourself. I even had WIND maxed and BLESS maxed. When I would cast on my 150 rogue ( who was ALL str ) he was unable to dodge. My girlfriend ranger however is a dex build. I didn't even need WIND to ensure she didn't get hit. She could dodge without BLESS on because of her DEX. People are trying to discount the usefulness of stats. This is not wise. I wouldn't have taken the time to write this guide if it wasn't correct.

/quote]

You have to have defense for this build to work period. If you don't put 100 points into DEX and you only cap on VIT and FOCUS, this build WILL NOT work for you. I promise you this. Especially towards the end game bosses and mobs lvl 160+

Okay, I see what you mean. You still need dex to have the defense. Without the defensive points, you are useless. I have tried using this build on myself and my gf's ranger. The moment I put 100 dex into my stats I was able to dodge 80% of hits. Without the points in DEX, you will only dodge about 50% of the hits. Unfortunately, no matter how much you scale the ability, a class must have dex to accommodate the build. Please feel free to try this yourself. I even had WIND maxed and BLESS maxed. When I would cast on my 150 rogue ( who was ALL str ) he was unable to dodge. My girlfriend ranger however is a dex build. I didn't even need WIND to ensure she didn't get hit. She could dodge without BLESS on because of her DEX. People are trying to discount the usefulness of stats. This is not wise. I wouldn't have taken the time to write this guide if it wasn't correct.
All strength at 150 is strange on a rogue. My comment wasn't meant to be taken as you don't need defense. That's how howling winds works, it lowers their attack. If you have 0 defense, then howling will have 0 impact. There is gear out there that has vit+Def or focus+Def so you don't necessarily need to add points to dex. My only comment was howling winds was focus based as it seemed like you were indicating it was a skill based off dex.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

All strength at 150 is strange on a rogue. My comment wasn't meant to be taken as you don't need defense. That's how howling winds works, it lowers their attack. If you have 0 defense, then howling will have 0 impact. There is gear out there that has vit+Def or focus+Def so you don't necessarily need to add points to dex. My only comment was howling winds was focus based as it seemed like you were indicating it was a skill based off dex.

I understand. The rogue isn't actually mine I was typing so fast I didn't include that he is a friend of mine. Trust me I thought it was weird too. He is lvl 160 now and was all strength. He had like 80 dex total with items on. It was weird. I knew he was low on dex because he was getting hit too many times LOL.