Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Krios' End Game DPS Druid:

Intro:
When I started my account, I wanted to play differently. I wanted to pick an underrated class and make it into something worthy of respect, and not in the same way everyone else already had. Keeping that in mind, I picked Druid, and ever since then, I've been working to shape myself into the greatest magic DPS machine my server has seen. I'm not there yet, but I've made progress. This is what I've learned.

Now let me be clear; this is not a leveling guide. There are plenty of those scattered across the forum. This guide is only for those who want to deal as much damage as humanly possible.

Required Skills: (In order of importance)

1. Lightning Strike
2. Strangling Vines
3. Stinging Swarm
4. Storm Touch
5. Nature's Touch
6. Energy Harvest

Build/Gear Requirements; The ideal build will have skills (1-4) at 50/50, with (5) high enough to keep you alive. You are not focused on supporting anyone else. Swarm and Vines ABSOLUTELY must be 50/50, or you run the risk of your skills being overridden by a stronger Druid. Energy Harvest is not absolutely necessary, but is required for those who can't maintain energy without consumables. Whenever possible, replace gear with direct damage bonuses to Strike and Storm. In regard to stats, you will want to move as close to (0) Vitality investment as possible, with as many points only in focus, gaining the majority of Health and Vit from gear.

Your Game Plan:

* Regardless of Harvest or Natural Focus, you will absolutely need an Energy Elixir.
* The very first skill you'll want to cast in any battle is Strangling Vines, then Swarm, Strike, Storm, and Harvest.
* It is absolutely necessary to cast Vines and Swarm again before they expire, or you will lose damage over the course of the fight.
* Strike should be cast whenever possible, but Storm takes priority when usable.
* Harvest should be cast whenever possible, but only after all other skills have been cast or are otherwise active. While necessary, prioritize your damage output.
* If you begin to run out of energy, realize this before becoming completely empty and adjust accordingly; if there is a magic lure active, only use Strike, Storm and Vines. If magic lure is not active, drop Vines and use Strike, Storm, and Swarm. When possible, begin using the dropped skill again.
* Touch will likely be used consistently, but do not waste time healing anyone else if you do not require the heal yourself. This is not a support build.

If used correctly, you will beat out a surprising number of Rogues, Mages, and Rangers. If cooldown reduction becomes available, that will become an astounding number. While I can't guarantee you'll be better than the greatest of them, you will definitely become a worthy competitor.

This being my first article of it's type, let me know what you think. Questions are welcome, and tips even more so.

Have a good one!
-Kri

Re: Krios' End Game DPS Druid:

It's definitely nice when clans have enough druids 1 can dedicate solely to damage. We have 1 and she's a huge help when it comes to thr poison xtals.

That being said, unless you have a magic lure and your rogues and rangers aren't rocking edl weapons, divine dmg rings, and high attack, it's going to be extremely difficult to get a kill over one of them.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Intro:
When I started my account, I wanted to play differently. I wanted to pick an underrated class and make it into something worthy of respect, and not in the same way everyone else already had. Keeping that in mind, I picked Druid, and ever since then, I've been working to shape myself into the greatest magic DPS machine my server has seen. I'm not there yet, but I've made progress. This is what I've learned.

Now let me be clear; this is not a leveling guide. There are plenty of those scattered across the forum. This guide is only for those who want to deal as much damage as humanly possible.

1. Lightning Strike
2. Strangling Vines
3. Stinging Swarm
4. Storm Touch
5. Nature's Touch
6. Energy Harvest

Build/Gear Requirements; The ideal build will have skills (1-4) at 50/50, with (5) high enough to keep you alive. You are not focused on supporting anyone else. Swarm and Vines ABSOLUTELY must be 50/50, or you run the risk of your skills being overridden by a stronger Druid. Energy Harvest is not absolutely necessary, but is required for those who can't maintain energy without consumables. Whenever possible, replace gear with direct damage bonuses to Strike and Storm. In regard to stats, you will want to move as close to (0) Vitality investment as possible, with as many points only in focus, gaining the majority of Health and Vit from gear.

Your Game Plan:

* Regardless of Harvest or Natural Focus, you will absolutely need an Energy Elixir.
* The very first skill you'll want to cast in any battle is Strangling Vines, then Swarm, Strike, Storm, and Harvest.
* It is absolutely necessary to cast Vines and Swarm again before they expire, or you will lose damage over the course of the fight.
* Strike should be cast whenever possible, but Storm takes priority when usable.
* Harvest should be cast whenever possible, but only after all other skills have been cast or are otherwise active. While necessary, prioritize your damage output.
* If you begin to run out of energy, realize this before becoming completely empty and adjust accordingly; if there is a magic lure active, only use Strike, Storm and Vines. If magic lure is not active, drop Vines and use Strike, Storm, and Swarm. When possible, begin using the dropped skill again.
* Touch will likely be used consistently, but do not waste time healing anyone else if you do not require the heal yourself. This is not a support build.

If used correctly, you will beat out a surprising number of Rogues, Mages, and Rangers. If cooldown reduction becomes available, that will become an astounding number. While I can't guarantee you'll be better than the greatest of them, you will definitely become a worthy competitor.

This being my first article of it's type, let me know what you think. Questions are welcome, and tips even more so.

Have a good one!
-Kri
Actually You forgot to add about using full edl/dg/mord helm edl with edl weps. This gives u 400 divine damage which is unresisted damage aswell as 2k proc. These add up between skills. A good example of this is the druid who got the necromancer kill in taranis using this stratagy
Hi

Intro:

1. Lightning Strike
2. Strangling Vines
3. Stinging Swarm
4. Storm Touch
5. Nature's Touch
6. Energy Harvest

Your Game Plan:

Have a good one!
-Kri
Actually You forgot to add about using full edl/dg/mord helm edl with edl weps. This gives u 400 divine damage which is unresisted damage aswell as 2k proc. These add up between skills. A good example of this is the druid who got the necromancer kill in taranis using this stratagy
That's a valid point that didn't occur to me. Definitely a solid strategy for chaos bosses specifically. I'll have to give it a shot.

Intro:

1. Lightning Strike
2. Strangling Vines
3. Stinging Swarm
4. Storm Touch
5. Nature's Touch
6. Energy Harvest

Your Game Plan:

Have a good one!
-Kri
Far from a finished product but some points I'd like to add

Not a fan of energy harvest, first off. And nature's embrace is better than touch for a DPS minded druid. Cast and forget ; touch cast every now n then takes time away from casting strike which has fast cd. On that lane, you shouldn't prioritize storm over strike, like ever. And besides Skain, swarm does full dmg on any creature in this game so it should be cast regardless of magic lure present or not.

On nonchaos raids, occult+hrunghelm+whatever DG is best. On chaos raids if you are going to be using EDL aura should pick up double attack. Autos alone won't do anywhere close to the damage you imagine it would. And always a strike skull>edl totem. Forget procs.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Intro:

1. Lightning Strike
2. Strangling Vines
3. Stinging Swarm
4. Storm Touch
5. Nature's Touch
6. Energy Harvest

Your Game Plan:

Have a good one!
-Kri
That's a valid point that didn't occur to me. Definitely a solid strategy for chaos bosses specifically. I'll have to give it a shot.
That taranis druid kill is absolutely something that shouldn't be happening- that can only happen if rogues and rangers don't have any divine damage. Mord helm is useless. Dps druid's main job is getting those skills as high as possible, so a godly/imp strike hrung helm would be better.

That taranis druid kill is absolutely something that shouldn't be happening- that can only happen if rogues and rangers don't have any divine damage. Mord helm is useless. Dps druid's main job is getting those skills as high as possible, so a godly/imp strike hrung helm would be better.
I don't think you understand. You aren't missing out on much skill damage by not using a hrung helm let's say. The extra secondary damage from autos and procs are far better then just skill damage as skill damage for druids aren't as strong as they should be.
Hi

I don't think you understand. You aren't missing out on much skill damage by not using a hrung helm let's say. The extra secondary damage from autos and procs are far better then just skill damage as skill damage for druids aren't as strong as they should be.
If you're casting strike every 4 seconds, you don't have time for autos.