Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Krios' End Game DPS Druid:

That taranis druid kill is absolutely something that shouldn't be happening- that can only happen if rogues and rangers don't have any divine damage. Mord helm is useless. Dps druid's main job is getting those skills as high as possible, so a godly/imp strike hrung helm would be better.
I don't think you understand. You aren't missing out on much skill damage by not using a hrung helm let's say. The extra secondary damage from autos and procs are far better then just skill damage as skill damage for druids aren't as strong as they should be.
If you're casting strike every 4 seconds, you don't have time for autos.
You do.
Hi

I don't think you understand. You aren't missing out on much skill damage by not using a hrung helm let's say. The extra secondary damage from autos and procs are far better then just skill damage as skill damage for druids aren't as strong as they should be.
If you're casting strike every 4 seconds, you don't have time for autos.
You do.
Go play an actual druid- you'll see my point. Totem build is a waste of skill damage.

On a chaos boss the edl aura is needed. Yes without a hrung helm you lose some skill damage but in reality how much is that gonna change your damage on a boss with resists accounted for? edl aura adds 200 unresisted divine damage to every auto. As long as you have average attack with a lix, this more than makes up for a tiny loss in strike damage.

Also please correct me if i am wrong, but isnt strike an insta cast skill and you dont lose autos when casting it?
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

On a chaos boss the edl aura is needed. Yes without a hrung helm you lose some skill damage but in reality how much is that gonna change your damage on a boss with resists accounted for? edl aura adds 200 unresisted divine damage to every auto. As long as you have average attack with a lix, this more than makes up for a tiny loss in strike damage.

Also please correct me if i am wrong, but isnt strike an insta cast skill and you dont lose autos when casting it?
Same as saying a mage should wear edl aura on a chaos boss over occult owing to the aura and pack runic rings for attack. Skill damage is everything for casters

And its not just strike vent, its the constant strike+swarm vines storm casting, continuously. Ur total autos attempted will be far lower than u imagined and with just avg attack, the accuracy won't be much. And by extension the reliability on procs is therefore useless. That's why its better to have strike/storm dmg rings or corruption over totem rings that offer no benefit for the slot it takes. If ones adamant on wearing edl aura, pickup double attack instead. Unavoidable dmg like every 15s
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Use 1 high tier totem/dex/focus ring, a focus/attack/health mordy ring and make sure totem ability is upgraded. That alone would add up to 4000 ish base attack add any dex you may get from doch gul pieces and that would be fine attack. Lix boosts it to 5k+. Only takes 1 ring slot and you can hotbar a strike and stormtouch gele rings leaving 3 slots for corruption rings still. Would work fine imo.

Wouldnt work for mages because there is no necro rings with wand ability so attack would be far lower than what a druid could achieve like this.

Maybe i am think about this the wrong way but it all makes sense inside my head :lol:
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Use 1 high tier totem/dex/focus ring, a focus/attack/health mordy ring and make sure totem ability is upgraded. That alone would add up to 4000 ish base attack add any dex you may get from doch gul pieces and that would be fine attack. Lix boosts it to 5k+. Only takes 1 ring slot and you can hotbar a strike and stormtouch gele rings leaving 3 slots for corruption rings still. Would work fine imo.

Wouldnt work for mages because there is no necro rings with wand ability so attack would be far lower than what a druid could achieve like this.

Maybe i am think about this the wrong way but it all makes sense inside my head :lol:
No it doesn't. And why would you only want 1 strike/storm ring as swap when u can have 2 more slotted permanently? And 3rd one being a corruption and make ur skills hit insanely harder. 100 focus adds almost nothing to skills compared to the dps gain of a gele strike/storm ring. Your thinking like a ranger on this that's why it makes sense to u(which is natural) , but in practice its so far from the theory u guys say. Wouldn't work for mages coz not having wand rings, hence why I said runic rings that does add attack. I despise totem build druids(except for lixing) who goes attack path to get kills mimicking rogues n rangers instead of playing to their strengths of skills
Get kills or die trying!

No it doesn't. And why would you only want 1 strike/storm ring as swap when u can have 2 more slotted permanently? And 3rd one being a corruption and make ur skills hit insanely harder. 100 focus adds almost nothing to skills compared to the dps gain of a gele strike/storm ring. Your thinking like a ranger on this that's why it makes sense to u(which is natural) , but in practice its so far from the theory u guys say. Wouldn't work for mages coz not having wand rings, hence why I said runic rings that does add attack. I despise totem build druids(except for lixing) who goes attack path to get kills mimicking rogues n rangers instead of playing to their strengths of skills
I dont think u understand. Druid skills don't do the same as mages so they can't rely on just skills. All the druid raid kills have been with an aura so its obviously more effective. Maybe once you learn to try it, or get a kill on necro/prot without auto, i might listen to you
Hi

I dont think u understand. Druid skills don't do the same as mages so they can't rely on just skills. All the druid raid kills have been with an aura so its obviously more effective. Maybe once you learn to try it, or get a kill on necro/prot without auto, i might listen to you
You're telling me that I don't understand. Yeah no buddy

FYI I've tried both builds. I'm not some theorist that just thinks stuff and quickly claims it works without experimenting. You can either digest it or not accept it,as with whoever reading this post that's completely your choice idm, idc. But you're never going be best way a druid DPS should be if you stray significantly from what I said, period. And the bosses druid gets kill and posts here , those are just smokes and mirrors. Do not let that be a metric of what you should strive for. A Proteus kill that raged and DPS getting timers overtly means a druid got enough ticks to land kill. Same with whoever druid that got a necro kill. Against some lowlvl non edl offhand rogues and rangers in the same group. Top dps cudve dcd or were clearing adds for all we know. It holds almost no value in my eyes because its never been a legit kill but a flash in the pan and never been reproduced consistently. And a druid will never get a legit Proteus kill vs geared rogues/rangers who knows what their doing. And if u disagree with that your just another low level trying to be relevant in a high lvl discussion without knowing a thing about this game. Its that simple.

Only realistic 'kills' a druid can get is on legacies and 6* ring bosses. That's a fact ppl need to understand first before having unreasonable expectations. Everything else is an attempt to be a better DPS. You say druids doesn't rely on skills, yet have a skill that's unresisted on 99.9% mobs and bosses in swarm and one of the fastest cool down skills in lightning strike. And idk if you even saw Proteus in your life but it has a auto speed reduction skill every 15s. Which basically nulls these so called auto totem druids, unless they run away which nerfs their skill DPS coz cannot cast in time. So what u get a druid mimicking a rogue but with much lower auto dps and much lower skill dps compared to a caster dps druid. Why do you wanna scuk at what you're doing when you can be much more effective by playing to your strengths.

I don't have anything else to add to this and similar threads about DPS druids, I've said my part well n thoroughly. U can take it, leave it or better, improve upon it. It shouldn't take a rogue to teach dps to druids.
Get kills or die trying!

Rogue could teach me a thing or two about druid dps tho :D ik only about ranger rogue and some warrior dps ._.
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

I happen to be that Druid on Taranis XD, I'll write a guide on how I get my DPS builds one day (I'm a lazy ***), but for the mean time I'd like to say this:

I've heavily experimented with DPS Druid using 3 corruption rings and no auto / auto, and DPS Druid using 3 Totem rings and auto.

I used: 2 Imperial totem rings, 1 Majestic for the melee build, and 2 Majestic Corruption rings and 1 Royal for the Nature magic / dps build.

Auto is free damage. You just need to keep auto on BUT focus on casting all of your skills. If done correctly you shouldn't miss a single skill yet you should have a crap ton of free damage from auto attack.

Keep in mind I always thought nature magic caster druid trumped auto druid, but if you play your apples right you're going to be hitting 350+ autos. With 200 divine damage from aura, 200 from EDL offhand, and 50+ from divine ring your autos can do some sweet damage.

Also the skill difference between 3 Corruption rings and 3 Totem rings is very minimal. About a few hundred to strike and storm, 250 ish to vines, and 75 ish to swarm.

Now think about this: If your autos deal around 350+ on average, and a strike ring say adds 1k to strike, which probably is less than 150 actual damage, auto is 1.25s, strike is roughly 6s, what pays off more? The totem ring which will make you hit more autos, or a strike ring which will improve your strike minimally? Not to mention, you can just hotbar a strike or storm ring. Just don't hotbar too much items or it will screw you over.

Also to those that say Druids can't get raid kills, I beg to differ. Give me one Gele where I can be full DPS with no other Druid casting dots and I guarantee I will outkill 99% of the DPS, aside from that odd full DG geared rogue or ranger, in which case if I had full DG I could contest against.

If you play your apples right, anything is possible
DarkDruid67 Level 220+
Leader Of Revival
Taranis