Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Energy Harvest: Is it really THAT BAD?

Now I know that it's a very small number of druids that appreciate obscure skills like Harvest, but like an incredibly strong wine, I've found it to be an aquired taste. Now don't get me wrong, if you're a support Druid, this skill is useless to you. Rely on your sigils and enjoy your paint-by-numbers gameplay. But if you're a balls-out DPS Druid like myself, it's got a heck of a lot more to offer than you might think.

I, like many of you, struggle to maintain energy. And maintaining energy is even more difficult when you're constantly using swarm, vines, strike, storm, and the occasional heal. Even at around 11k energy, I still only have a few short minutes of energy to last me. I won't lie to you and say that Harvest is the answer to all your prayers, because on its face it probably won't be enough, but if you have the points to max it, it'll add right around 1000 energy a pop, and when used with a rabbit and lix, you can easily find yourself carrying out some hardcore damage for 7-10 minutes.

But assuming '1000' isn't a number that impresses you, think about it this way; if that goes off even five times in the course of one boss fight, that's an extra 5000 energy to use however you'd like. And if you only care about training, that's far more energy over the course of fifteen minutes!

So, tell me your thoughts, let me know if I change any minds!

Re: Energy Harvest: Is it really THAT BAD?

I'll just add that those support druids with their paint by numbers gameplay allow you to attempt to dps. Burn restos if you want energy, or stop casting for 5 seconds and let 8000 energy sigs tick once. The time it takes you to use harvest could be used spamming strike and restos. Coming from a full support druid ofc, so disregard as you may.

how many skills you can max? Say you use vine. bees. lightening and storm touch. maybe you also need shield and nature touch. thats 6 skills now. some may use embrace...
btw. what do you guys think of bless. Is it a good skill?
I personally think that bless is a good skill but everyone has their own opinions .-.
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

Regarding Energy Harvest: the benefit (remember that it can evade, and costs energy) is little compared to its opportunity cost. Most Druids are limited to 5-6 (7 if you sacrifice a lot of focus gear) skills, and considering our array that severely limits our options. Trying to manage a build? Here are your (decent+) skill options, pick 5:

- Bark
- Touch
- Embrace
- Breath
- Abundance
- Bless
- Fire Ward
- Ice Ward
- Magic Ward
- Sanctuary
- Lightning Strike
- Strangling Vines
- Storm Touch
- Stinging Swarm

Great... There are 10 support skills, 7 not including wards. Already you're stretched thin and conducting cost/benefit analyses... Now, try to include a skill that gives you just energy to cast 2 skills. What would you swap out? For hybrid builds every skill is already essential, for support builds you likely would prefer a skill with more effect, for DPS the tradeoff would be immense... The problem with Energy Harvest is its benefits are far too minimal -- most would agree that energy elixirs and restoration/energy potions provide more than adequate compensation.

Regarding Bless: I thoroughly enjoy the skill, however only have room for it in Support builds. While its effects are statistical, I do notice it makes a significant difference!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Regarding Energy Harvest: the benefit (remember that it can evade, and costs energy) is little compared to its opportunity cost. Most Druids are limited to 5-6 (7 if you sacrifice a lot of focus gear) skills, and considering our array that severely limits our options. Trying to manage a build? Here are your (decent+) skill options, pick 5:

- Bark
- Touch
- Embrace
- Breath
- Abundance
- Bless
- Fire Ward
- Ice Ward
- Magic Ward
- Sanctuary
- Lightning Strike
- Strangling Vines
- Storm Touch
- Stinging Swarm

Great... There are 10 support skills, 7 not including wards. Already you're stretched thin and conducting cost/benefit analyses... Now, try to include a skill that gives you just energy to cast 2 skills. What would you swap out? For hybrid builds every skill is already essential, for support builds you likely would prefer a skill with more effect, for DPS the tradeoff would be immense... The problem with Energy Harvest is its benefits are far too minimal -- most would agree that energy elixirs and restoration/energy potions provide more than adequate compensation.

Regarding Bless: I thoroughly enjoy the skill, however only have room for it in Support builds. While its effects are statistical, I do notice it makes a significant difference!
You missed slash ward, which has been used at every mord kill I've attended
Also, abundant aura we use at edl6 and certain legacies with crazy aoes. Just stick a druid in main dps group and blamo! Very nice to use at gele or more also if you have an extra druid and your dps group isn't all full e/dl
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

- Bark
- Touch
- Embrace
- Breath
- Abundance
- Bless
- Fire Ward
- Ice Ward
- Magic Ward
- Sanctuary
- Lightning Strike
- Strangling Vines
- Storm Touch
- Stinging Swarm

You missed slash ward, which has been used at every mord kill I've attended
Also, abundant aura we use at edl6 and certain legacies with crazy aoes. Just stick a druid in main dps group and blamo! Very nice to use at gele or more also if you have an extra druid and your dps group isn't all full e/dl
Depends on the tank. We stopped using slash ward at mord a year ago. Y'all must have an abundance of druids to be using abundant aura.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue