Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Cant wait for the druid to be upgrade next event

Let's go ahead and bring in the guy who's only neen playing a couple weeks now and is soloing his way up the levels...

Do I have edl gear?... No... Do I have access to "top tier clannies" that have full edl gear?... Nope... Have I gotten far enough up the levels to even know what y'all are even talking about when you say edl?? Hell no...

However... I've been through just about every single MMO (available to english speaking) out there and I can tell you this...

Y'all need to quit trying to recommend builds that require gear handed to you or purchased from othwr players...

So let me give you the gear I run currently... Darkshadow.... Nuff said... do I have skill rings? Yes... Did I get them from other players? Absolutely... Do I lix? I have a job. I can afford it... What level am I? Who the hell cares... I'm not an end game player so all y'all W.O.W. minded people can back the hell up and take a chillaxitive.

So now here's the build I run... Vit: 100 Dex: 35 Str: 10 Foc: everything else... Running with vines, swarm, embrace, bless, bark... I am a melee druid and my dmg mainly comes from vines and swarm...

I've decided to break the meta and go with a tank build for my druid

So here's where this is important... I am currently Lv.73... With vines and swarm at Lv.12 still being a better source of overall dmg than a Lv.20 lightning or storm or both... Solo leveling is still slower than with any of the other classes... Even though I just finished running through the high level 4*s in stonevale like a murderous champion

I've watched mages, warriors, rogues, and rangers at lower levels, with worse gear, run through the same exact mobs a hell of a lot quicker than I... I grabbed 4 levels in about 2 hrs mainly due to XP lix... I've run through as a caster build and a melee build in these same mobs and it was even slower so I went back to my Drunk build (Druid+Tank)...

So where the druid needs tweaks at is in not so much in the dmg from the skills but in the energy consumption ratio... I've gone in longer runs as a mage than I ever could on a druid... Mages have energy regen in battle and druids inly have harvest... Harvest at Lv.20 still only nets a small percentage of energy back and it is nowhere close to how much energy is spent on skills on any build... So still having to stop frequently for refill is the down side to druids... With the right Lvling build, all the other classes can constantly run through mobs at an almost nonstop pace where druids can't...

So here's the tweaks that need to be made to the druid:

1. Focus needs to apply more to skills than the amount it does for ALL skills
2. Energy Harvest needs a percentile ratio instead of a flat ratio (the same with the mage's Energy Boost)
3. Yes Vines (not swarm) needs to have an immediate dmg as well like the mages frost-whatever skill does
4. A sacrifice can definitely be made to Nature's Touch to balance out an increase in Nature's Embrace because a regen effect helps greatly when either soloing or pocket healing when it can be combined with flat healing
5. (If not number 4) Nature's Touch should be a shorter cast time since there is already bandage wounds that evey class gets for instant heal... The decrease in cast time is for less chance of interruption for soloing and for when you get a random spawn on you when pocket healing your tank
And last but not least
6. Rescue is pretty much pointless... It's a skill that only has one moment it can be used in... When your tank is about to be dead... So I say give it a calm\taunt effect instead of a heal that way it can be used for aggro splitting so the druid can fully keep their party members alive ( Plus I could do wonders with it in my build )

"The druid needs to be able to support his team plus himself in any situation. This is the life he chooses for himself"
-Erilaz MacFenaris
"The druid needs to be able to support himself and his companions in any situation. This is the life he chooses for himself."
-Erilaz MacFenaris

Let's go ahead and bring in the guy who's only neen playing a couple weeks now and is soloing his way up the levels...

Do I have edl gear?... No... Do I have access to "top tier clannies" that have full edl gear?... Nope... Have I gotten far enough up the levels to even know what y'all are even talking about when you say edl?? Hell no...

However... I've been through just about every single MMO (available to english speaking) out there and I can tell you this...

Y'all need to quit trying to recommend builds that require gear handed to you or purchased from othwr players...

So let me give you the gear I run currently... Darkshadow.... Nuff said... do I have skill rings? Yes... Did I get them from other players? Absolutely... Do I lix? I have a job. I can afford it... What level am I? Who the hell cares... I'm not an end game player so all y'all W.O.W. minded people can back the hell up and take a chillaxitive.

So now here's the build I run... Vit: 100 Dex: 35 Str: 10 Foc: everything else... Running with vines, swarm, embrace, bless, bark... I am a melee druid and my dmg mainly comes from vines and swarm...

I've decided to break the meta and go with a tank build for my druid

So here's where this is important... I am currently Lv.73... With vines and swarm at Lv.12 still being a better source of overall dmg than a Lv.20 lightning or storm or both... Solo leveling is still slower than with any of the other classes... Even though I just finished running through the high level 4*s in stonevale like a murderous champion

I've watched mages, warriors, rogues, and rangers at lower levels, with worse gear, run through the same exact mobs a hell of a lot quicker than I... I grabbed 4 levels in about 2 hrs mainly due to XP lix... I've run through as a caster build and a melee build in these same mobs and it was even slower so I went back to my Drunk build (Druid+Tank)...

So where the druid needs tweaks at is in not so much in the dmg from the skills but in the energy consumption ratio... I've gone in longer runs as a mage than I ever could on a druid... Mages have energy regen in battle and druids inly have harvest... Harvest at Lv.20 still only nets a small percentage of energy back and it is nowhere close to how much energy is spent on skills on any build... So still having to stop frequently for refill is the down side to druids... With the right Lvling build, all the other classes can constantly run through mobs at an almost nonstop pace where druids can't...

So here's the tweaks that need to be made to the druid:

1. Focus needs to apply more to skills than the amount it does for ALL skills
2. Energy Harvest needs a percentile ratio instead of a flat ratio (the same with the mage's Energy Boost)
3. Yes Vines (not swarm) needs to have an immediate dmg as well like the mages frost-whatever skill does
4. A sacrifice can definitely be made to Nature's Touch to balance out an increase in Nature's Embrace because a regen effect helps greatly when either soloing or pocket healing when it can be combined with flat healing
5. (If not number 4) Nature's Touch should be a shorter cast time since there is already bandage wounds that evey class gets for instant heal... The decrease in cast time is for less chance of interruption for soloing and for when you get a random spawn on you when pocket healing your tank
And last but not least
6. Rescue is pretty much pointless... It's a skill that only has one moment it can be used in... When your tank is about to be dead... So I say give it a calm\taunt effect instead of a heal that way it can be used for aggro splitting so the druid can fully keep their party members alive ( Plus I could do wonders with it in my build )

"The druid needs to be able to support his team plus himself in any situation. This is the life he chooses for himself"
-Erilaz MacFenaris
The problem with being a low level in an MMO doesn't even show a fraction of what the game is. Lvl 73 in CH barely even presents any problems while higher levels do.
I don't understand why you are bring up the point of improving useless skills when there are greater problems than that. OTM should just remove those skills or create a system where a lot of skill points are not required for a skill to be effective. Druids can only max 4-5 key skills and maxing any useless skill will render that druid useless.
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Oh, I'm just recommending a build. I haven't used a druid in like 2 yrs. Unlike you, I'm capable of seeking solutions to problems. You just complain
Yes but you're recommending gear that most will not have access to. Sure you're second gear suggestion is entirely feasible but your first was not.

And it's well within my rights to complain. I did just fine as primarily solo leveling up to 215. But it still doesn't mean I cannot complain about the leveling speed discrepancy between druids and other classes.

And thank you. I appreciate your insight on my ability or inability to accomplish tasks. It's a wonder I even finished my masters degree since I'm unable to find solutions to problems. I think my professors prob just passed me along so I'd quit complaining so much. It now also makes me wonder why I have a leadership position in my profession since I'm incapable of finding solutions to problems. Thank you for opening my eyes.
Why isn't the first gear set feasible? What are endgame rogues and rangers using, aggy gear? Lol. If you want to compare your dps to that of other classes, your gear will be as good or better. Orrrr just keep moaning about how unfair it is
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Oh, I'm just recommending a build. I haven't used a druid in like 2 yrs. Unlike you, I'm capable of seeking solutions to problems. You just complain
Yes but you're recommending gear that most will not have access to. Sure you're second gear suggestion is entirely feasible but your first was not.

And it's well within my rights to complain. I did just fine as primarily solo leveling up to 215. But it still doesn't mean I cannot complain about the leveling speed discrepancy between druids and other classes.

And thank you. I appreciate your insight on my ability or inability to accomplish tasks. It's a wonder I even finished my masters degree since I'm unable to find solutions to problems. I think my professors prob just passed me along so I'd quit complaining so much. It now also makes me wonder why I have a leadership position in my profession since I'm incapable of finding solutions to problems. Thank you for opening my eyes.
Why isn't the first gear set feasible? What are endgame rogues and rangers using, aggy gear? Lol. If you want to compare your dps to that of other classes, your gear will be as good or better. Orrrr just keep moaning about how unfair it is
Android doesn't have reaper rings. On the two servers I play on, there are a total of 2 poison sets (1 on each server). On one server proteus is killed on spawn and has for a few months now. There are 3 attack bracers between the 2 servers. There are dozens of def and vit bracers but only 3 attack.

I don't know why you also keep going back to bosses. We want druid buffs so that we can use our skills to level as quickly as other classes not because we want boss kills.

And before you keep on about me "moaning" , should I bring up some of your posts in which you were complaining?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

If DOT was damage on cast instead of waiting for the ticing to start, leveling Druids would be comparable to any other class easily, as far as boss kills go it really depends on the resistances of the boss and if a good magic lure is present, but yes a proper dps Druid can get boss kills. It just sucks to alt all the time because of the shortage of Druids.
They need more than that for solo lvling to be viable.
Yes, that is true. I think that DoT dmg on cast would make druids a lot more useful in group leveling. On weaker mobs, I don't bother with vines/swarm because the person I'm leveling with can get it to half health before vines even casts.

@chieftenduckee

That is exactly the point I make :D

As I stated I am solo leveling so vines\swarm has been the best option... With a partner not so viable but it would be with vines having impact damage...

A skill like Rescue CAN be viable skills if they were tweaked... Especially when leveling with a partner... Having an aggro\calm effect would allow for being able to take on mobs by doing a kind of switch-out fight with 4*+ or even higher level mobs... I could totally use a skill like that partner leveling with a rogue or offensive warrior... W\R goes in for init, gives me time to get my DOTs up, rescue, I'm now the target and tank mode activate, W\R finishes cd, goes back in full on (warrior taunt\rogue sneak), calm myself for another aggro shift, support mode activate, rescue... Etc etc etc... Even in extended fights there's no burnout... It may be or may not be as efficient as letting them go in melee while I just support bu it definitely adds fun and flare

I can really only see rescue being useful with rooting or pvp

If it's how it is now they need to just toss it... Eventually I'll play around with it and figure out its mechanical uses in pty fights, but for now

Now granted end game may be different and oh so meta... But I remember when people used to play around with weird random builds and I am still an old school gamer... My Drunk is my main so I purchased char slots so I can see how the mechs work for the other classes to better pty with my Drunk... So far, higher level players in my clan seem to find it fun having a druid tank for them and that's the point... Having fun

By the time I hit endgame, I plan to have my Drunk build finely tuned and ready for it

xD
"The druid needs to be able to support himself and his companions in any situation. This is the life he chooses for himself."
-Erilaz MacFenaris