Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How does Calm work?

I haven't put any skill points into it, but I have cast it at level 1 on myself, but I still seem to draw aggro even from low level mobs around the easy areas in Lir's Reach. In other words, I don't see it doing anything. How far would it have to be raised to have it work for low level mobs, say like level 20-30 mobs?

When you are fighting in a group the mobs attack the ones with higher aggro. When a mob attacks you cast calm and it will probably start attacking someone else. It is a great spell. It has no effect of you are not in a group. Aggro is different from aggro range of mobs
Main: Imma
Class: Druid
Lvl: 221
World: Morrigan

Every mob has an Aggro value to every player attacking it. When you trigger a mob into combat, you get 1 Aggro, when you hit a mob, you gain a little bit of Aggro, when you cast a spell on someone the mob has Aggro towards, you get a little bit of Aggro, so a mob's Aggro list may look like this:

Big Bad Boss:
Allerion: 948
Regenleif: 142
escapeartist: 395

Since Allerion has the most aggro, the mob will target him.

Now, let's say escapeartist and I are bossing, I am tanking, and the boss calls three adds. Here are their aggro lists:

Add 1:
Regenleif: 10
escapeartist: 0

Add 2:

Add 3:

As you can see, all three adds have just a little aggro towards me, but since I have the most aggro they all swarm me. However, when you heal me, the aggro changes to looks like this:

Add 1:
escapeartist: 15

Add 2:

Add 3:

Your heal gave you 15 aggro! And since you now have the most aggro, the three adds now start attacking you!

By casting calm, you decrease your aggro to all mobs who have you on their aggro list by a set amount (that amount is not stated). Let's say casting calm removes 10 aggro.

You cast calm, and lose 10 aggro from each add.

Add 1:
escapeartist: 5

Add 2:

Add 3:

And now the adds are back to attacking me.

Hopefully that made sense!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I haven't put any skill points into it, but I have cast it at level 1 on myself, but I still seem to draw aggro even from low level mobs around the easy areas in Lir's Reach. In other words, I don't see it doing anything. How far would it have to be raised to have it work for low level mobs, say like level 20-30 mobs?
Thats two different things

Camouflage decreases the aggro range of mobs that initiate combat with you. You can also level up and reduce it; the bigger the level difference between you and the mob, the smaller the aggro range.

Calm decreases your aggro when in combat, if you cast calm when its just you it wont do anything because theres no one else there who has aggro from it, someone else needs to attack the mob also or cast support skills on you to draw aggro.

There are no numbers given so its hard to say how much of an affect it has but many people do say that it seems to work with no points in it . Otm should add the numbers to the skill description.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

What sucks is we do not get any information on these numbers. The only numbers I have seen are the taunt additions from warrior bone (boots?) ancient adding 400.

I wish I could help ya with calm numbers, but I know that I pull aggro on EVERY boss that doesn't have a dedicated tank. including tanking 110/6 today because of my pure heal build Druid. Or my stinging swarm when in dps.
Healing/DOT pulls huge aggro so spamming calm while waiting on cool down helps keep the adds, and hopefully boss off of you.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D