Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bassie's solo druid build

How are you getting a 5k storm touch dmg? I have 5k nature magic, put 50 points in storm touch and it barely breaks the 3k dmg mark and typically less than that.
That's rediculous, are you sure you're not talking about lightning strike?
Yes I'm very sure. My lightening strike does as much dmg typically as storm. Regen Leif is reporting the same thing. I've asked the other druids on my server that are at high levels with 4k+ nature magic and 50 points in storm touch and no one is touching near even 4k...usually low 3ks if even that
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Ooooh, you ment that your storm touch is (50) but it only deals 3-4k on mobs, yet your max hit with it is like 6-7k, correct? Evidently, storm touch is still a better pick than stinging swarm for leveling. Stinging swarm is 860 energy maxed and only does about 960DoT poison. I understand poison damage is unresisted. However, storm touch deals cast faster than having to wait 20 seconds. Also if you have a mage alt with 25 minimal lure of magic. Your storm touch deals up to 5-7k damage. Compared to a 3k-3.7k DoT that takes 20 seconds to deal total damage and costs a rediculous amount of energy.
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius

Seebass, I don't dual box except occasionally on bosses in which I can use my ranger to essentially afk auto or bolas.

For me, swarm is a better choice as it deals more damage overall, is faster casting, never interrupts, etc.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

As a solo perspective without a Mage lure (hence soloing) bees has similar damage and a short cooldown, this can be cast on every mob instead of every other.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

As a solo perspective without a Mage lure (hence soloing) bees has similar damage and a short cooldown, this can be cast on every mob instead of every other.
Debatable, if you want to aggro many mobs stinging swarm is a good stredagy. Like i said, stinging swarm doesn't become useful untill anguish library
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius

I'm level 147 right now.

I've noticed lightning and vines hits for less than 50% unless I am 4 or more levels above the mob. Won't hit for 75% unless I'm more than 50 levels above.

I prefer swarm for the shorter cooldown and ability to hit multiple mobs simultaneously, which can occasionally be a problem as I unintentionally engage multiple mobs. I have other charms that I would prefer to keep equipped. Missing with storm is a huge loss. At this point I'd rather use bark and skills that will speed up the kill over skills that will extend survivability. I don't have the time to schedule working with clannies and can't stay up late enough to wait for them to be on, so I'm mostly solo lixing. Maximizing kill speed is critical. A fiery offhand axe and heroic haste gloves help sped that up. Can also only cast winds on one mob at a time, so multiple mobs results in issues until it cools down, assuming it doesn't miss.

I found a royal bless ring (dirt cheap since not many people really use it) swapped in right before casting greatly reduces interrupts. The ability to swap items in the hotbar has been a huge help. Although they made it more difficult because skills need to finish casting before you can swap jewelry.

The issue with bark is that it merely reduces auto attacks. When i leveled between 181-191 in carromore in front of mordris. 4* wyrms always killed me, i couldn't finish them because they had too much hp. When i alted to howling winds the wyrms rarely ever hit me, also i was almost never interupted. While shield of bark doesn't prevent interupts and sometimes you may die before even being able to cast another nt while in combat.
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius

If you have enough energy sigils and don't mind killing slower go for it. However, consider that storm touch cooldown can be reduced by necro bands or 2015 beltane charms
No player on android has access to necro bands and those reduced recast charms are very rare. I have 1 thst reduces by 15% and storm is still painfully slow and usually only hits between 2k to 3k. My bees will have done more dmg on multiple mobs (I don't pull one at a time). For me storm is unreliable as it gets evaded a fair amount.

I'm a big proponent of use what works and what players enjoy using. Some like swarm. Some like storm. Some like both. Some like neither. No one is right or wrong in that regard. For me, I've found I can kill faster and get more xp per lix with storm than swarm in my 213 levels of playing a druid. Others miles may vary.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

In conclusion, storm touch and stinging swarm have there own advantages, if you like to aggro more mobs and can stay alive to see the kill i recommend stinging swarm. On the other hand if you prefer to kill 1 at a time yet deal serious damage per mob then i suggest storm touch. Overall, the xp% varies on mob level and stars. Also if you have a mage alt or know someone who can afk lure out of group, use storm touch
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius