Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Whats worse energy consumption? Mage or Druid?

This topic could almost get copied to Mage forums :)

I'm not sure about Mage energy consumption, this is one thing I've never really cared to look at in detail. I used to have lots of problems with energy on my Mage and used to have to spam restos because I really hate standing around waiting on a tick. One of the recent updates reduced skill costs so once that happened all was well. As far as whether or not fire is more than ice, I'm not sure. I do know that ice skills cost more than fire but you're also casting more fire skills so I guess it could make sense. Don't really feel like looking at it. The major problems for both classes seem to be energy shield and bees. I guess it mostly depends if these skills are part of your build, how many points are in them, and how often you cast/need to cast them.

This topic could almost get copied to Mage forums :)

I'm not sure about Mage energy consumption, this is one thing I've never really cared to look at in detail. I used to have lots of problems with energy on my Mage and used to have to spam restos because I really hate standing around waiting on a tick. One of the recent updates reduced skill costs so once that happened all was well. As far as whether or not fire is more than ice, I'm not sure. I do know that ice skills cost more than fire but you're also casting more fire skills so I guess it could make sense. Don't really feel like looking at it. The major problems for both classes seem to be energy shield and bees. I guess it mostly depends if these skills are part of your build, how many points are in them, and how often you cast/need to cast them.
Energy shield is fine. For the shield, See it as your health going down by that much. Just for less cost (and its energy). There should be a percent of shield left or shield hp points text so you can see what's left. (Same with sanctuary.)
Energy shield is costly but it's an amazingly useful skill.

Bees. 50 points and it costs 870 a cast. Cast this 20 second intervals, or 10 seconds because of terrible evades. I understand it is poison dmg, but 1100 (max skill page)dmg still doesn't get the job done. It hits 900-600 a tic on 1 star Carrow mobs. The fluctuation is still too high.
4* mobs get hit 1200+ every time with my vines. Bosses my level and under (the exception is snorri real) take more damage from vines. Vines is 460 a cast, lasts 30 seconds, and does significant damage.
Another argument for bees is the AoE. The AoE is a burden. Why would a Druid want to pull every freaking add because he casts a skill on the boss? Mages have the same problem with blast and firestorm, but atleast the mobs are nearly dead and not at full health when they attack you.
When leveling, AOE effects 3/10 casts and is regularly evaded by 1. I have never used bees on more than 3 mobs at once while group leveling and the time the skill takes to start doing damage is rediculous because the mob is almost dead so I just cast strike instead of waiting.

1 more crazy solution is to give Druids a lure/attunement kinda skill. Helps our dmg and instead of wasting points and Doubling the energy maxing a skill 5-8 more points, attune can save energy and crank out the same dps.

Energy problems should always happen when someone is trying to maximize dps. If you are not using regen for focus it is your own fault, but when skills are just a plain waste, bees energy/vs dmg then we have a design problem.

Fix bees. Make the damage a lil higher, reduce the energy.
Breath energy is fine since when used right, hits 5+ for 1300+ heals. I would even say make it cost a lil more energy but people like benefits not what's needed.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

Both my Mage and Druid are totally fine for energy while on energy lix. My Mage is nooby though...

If you're worried about energy consumption... Don't make Mage or Druid. Pretty easy answer
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

Both my Mage and Druid are totally fine for energy while on energy lix. My Mage is nooby though...

If you're worried about energy consumption... Don't make Mage or Druid. Pretty easy answer
I have a rogue that chews through energy pretty badly and my ranger will too far worse than my mage if I'm using dex skills. Of my mage, druid, rogue, and ranger, I suffer the least with my mage on energy issues unless I'm just autoing on my ranger
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue