Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The power of focus

#1
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering until what point focus is worth it for u guys. I got like 1.7k focus with adds from gear and was wondering if you think thats too much. I know the effectiveness of focus goes down more every time u put a point in...

I just didnt take the time to figure until what point it is good to up focus. Increasing vitality will always be good and help a lot but does 1.6k to 1.7k focus still makes a big difference? Would like to know what you think about it.

Do you go for a nice hp and then add everything u get extra into focus or would u rather have more hp because focus isnt that strong when in the thousands..?

*Kassoe
*Druid 212
*Resurgens
*Herne

Re: The power of focus

#2
Since I melee a good amount, I moved towards getting defense gear also. I also put enough into str so when I equip axe for offhand, I had 300 str for decent autos.

I also moved some out of focus to have close to 8k hp.

I've found I like about 1k focus during leveling and then it moves to 1.3k when I equip dl grim.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: The power of focus

#4
Spartacus4406 wrote:For a caster you should never have enough focus. it still effects your skills a great amount at high levels.


I think this is a given. But there becomes a point in which another stat would benefit more than focus. At 1.2k focus, I'm benefiting more from throwing another 100 points into vit than focus.

Also it depends on situation. As a 200+ druid with Dots being the primary source of my skills damage, it can be faster watching paint dry in the rain than watching mobs die solo leveling. It is far more beneficial and less time consuming for me to up my str for better melee damage than to have some super high focus stat. I dont see a lot of dmg increase from 800 focus to 1.2k focus but I sure see a lot more damage if I move from 300 str to 600 str.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: The power of focus

#5
Zyz wrote:
Spartacus4406 wrote:For a caster you should never have enough focus. it still effects your skills a great amount at high levels.


I think this is a given. But there becomes a point in which another stat would benefit more than focus. At 1.2k focus, I'm benefiting more from throwing another 100 points into vit than focus.

Also it depends on situation. As a 200+ druid with Dots being the primary source of my skills damage, it can be faster watching paint dry in the rain than watching mobs die solo leveling. It is far more beneficial and less time consuming for me to up my str for better melee damage than to have some super high focus stat. I dont see a lot of dmg increase from 800 focus to 1.2k focus but I sure see a lot more damage if I move from 300 str to 600 str.


clearly you are not a caster druid since you use strength. having all in focus is for the caster druid because it is all about their skills.

if you think increasing strength on a druid is a good idea then you are sooooooooo lost that i cannot help you :|
IOS player since 2011
Spartan214 Fire Mage of Rosmerta

For Every Idiot There are 5 more idiots

Re: The power of focus

#6
Spartacus4406 wrote:
Zyz wrote:
Spartacus4406 wrote:For a caster you should never have enough focus. it still effects your skills a great amount at high levels.


I think this is a given. But there becomes a point in which another stat would benefit more than focus. At 1.2k focus, I'm benefiting more from throwing another 100 points into vit than focus.

Also it depends on situation. As a 200+ druid with Dots being the primary source of my skills damage, it can be faster watching paint dry in the rain than watching mobs die solo leveling. It is far more beneficial and less time consuming for me to up my str for better melee damage than to have some super high focus stat. I dont see a lot of dmg increase from 800 focus to 1.2k focus but I sure see a lot more damage if I move from 300 str to 600 str.


clearly you are not a caster druid since you use strength. having all in focus is for the caster druid because it is all about their skills.

if you think increasing strength on a druid is a good idea then you are sooooooooo lost that i cannot help you :|


I'm going to assume you're kidding in your response. I know that your main is a high level rogue. I won't presume to tell you about building a rogue, and I will listen to your advice when you've leveled a druid past mine (currently 2 reds away from lvl 203). Of these 202 levels, I have predominantly solo leveled.

There's no such thing as a non casting druid unless they just auto and don't use any skills at all.

You should prob know a player before you make assumptions. I'm not sure if you're on android or ios. I'm on android and you're more than welcome to look on the online rankings and see for yourself where I stand.

I have a 3317 heal and have the top melee damage at 1601 points of damage. I also have a group heal of 1241 points.

While there are druid out there that have higher heals, my numbers aren't anything to sneeze at either.

With that being said, I use 2 set ups - leveling and bossing (numbers are with gear)

For leveling:
600 str
990 foc
7.2k hit points
600 def

For bossing:
200 str
1.4k foc
7.6k hit points
600 def

I use my totem and lvl 200 lux heat dmg axe for leveling. The higher str helps with the totems crush damage to get my autos in 6-800s. Most of my str is from gear obviously but I did add in some points to give my autos some umph.

My focus is high enough to keep my skills having high dmg and not to run out of energy.


My health is higher during bosses so I can with stand aoe dmg and not die.

Ok now that I've said all that, please continue to provide me advice on how to make my druid better and why strength is silly.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: The power of focus

#7
i am NOT kidding!!! I never said you were silly. i said you were lost. and you are. i still stand by what i say. you are too lost in your own stupidity to be helped and i will not try to help you.
IOS player since 2011
Spartan214 Fire Mage of Rosmerta

For Every Idiot There are 5 more idiots

Re: The power of focus

#8
Spartacus4406 wrote:i am NOT kidding!!! I never said you were silly. i said you were lost. and you are. i still stand by what i say. you are too lost in your own stupidity to be helped and i will not try to help you.


5 things-
1. The fact that you resort to personal insults from behind a computer screen
2. You can't give helpful advice aside from the generic more focus is good
3. You seem unable to think outside the box
4. You don't have any experience playing a high level druid

Demonstrates the quality of your advice

And...
5. You think conceal is better than quick strike

Well, I'll leave it at that

I'd be curious as to your standings on the online rankings
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: The power of focus

#9
Zyz wrote:
Spartacus4406 wrote:i am NOT kidding!!! I never said you were silly. i said you were lost. and you are. i still stand by what i say. you are too lost in your own stupidity to be helped and i will not try to help you.


5 things-
1. The fact that you resort to personal insults from behind a computer screen
2. You can't give helpful advice aside from the generic more focus is good
3. You seem unable to think outside the box
4. You don't have any experience playing a high level druid

Demonstrates the quality of your advice

And...
5. You think conceal is better than quick strike

Well, I'll leave it at that

I'd be curious as to your standings on the online rankings


i would talk to you face to face but i don't know where you live.
you assume i have no experience leveling a druid! i have a 196 druid!
i can give helpful advice i just choose not to because you wouldn't even listen.
this topic is about the power of focus so me saying focus is good is on topic and to the point.

quick strike is a strength skill and if you have no strength then it makes sense to use a skill that is a dex skill. qs is awesome if you have strength.

i believe you meant quick strike instead of conceal! i never said conceal was better than anything!
IOS player since 2011
Spartan214 Fire Mage of Rosmerta

For Every Idiot There are 5 more idiots

Re: The power of focus

#10
^^ My mistake on my mistaken conceal comment.

The actual topic was about the diminishing effect of focus points. And, like most stats, focus also has a diminishing point in which those points have more benefit in another stat than in focus.

A very duh example would be I could have a million focus but if I died constantly, then it would be better to have more hp and less focus.

I've had everything from 400 focus to 1800 focus and tested on the same mobs. And there gets a point where more focus does not substantially raise the damage skills enough to warrant not looking to see if another stat will help with survival or efficiency in leveling. If my swarm, vines, and strike do not rise much but I can gain a couple hundred in auto and am on a haste lix, then the mob dies faster and I level faster. This is a semi philosophy of the winds build which is very effective.

Now support during boss kills is a different set up in which more focus does increase heals and bark and etc. This is easy enough with the right gear like switching from an axe offhand to my dl grim and vines/strike charm to my higher focus touch/breath charm.

Just like focus isn't the end all be all of stats, I wouldn't use the same jewelry when leveling as I would when providing raid support.

Am I a full support druid? No. But then I'd be sitting around waiting on someone to leach xp.

There are few absolutes when it comes to a druid build. A number of us came to the forums and read the guides, asked questions, asked higher level druids, experimented, etc to find an effective build.

I remember how awesome it was to get a spiritseed set because it increased def and focus which was awesome with a winds build. This was completely different than the typical build.

So, you're wrong about me taking advice. However, the same can't be said about you that refuses to think something other than just shoving a bunch of points in focus is the only way or the other person is stupid.

And I highly doubt that you insult people to their face for having a difference of opinion or having a different view point. If so, that is close minded and most certainly wouldn't fair for you said to someone that wouldn't tolerate someone's demeaning vocabulary.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests