Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A Guide to Playing/Leveling a Druid

#21
Chronus wrote:
Arjunlite wrote:Well said Chronus.

Howling Wind has evolved into a support skill rather than a levelling skill/DPS ever since the earthstone armour + birch rings fell into disuse. For Howling Wind to be effective, your defence needs to be equal to or greater than the enemy's attack and that requires points invested into dexterity or defence boosting gear which a druid would not usually wear.
Side Note: Bosses have such high attack and defence nowadays that even as a bossing skill, howling wind has lost its potency.

It still can be used as a leveling skill. It is actually probably my favorite skill for druids. For higher levels around 400 defence should be good if winds is maxed. The 190 stat points put into dex to dodge most, if not all auto attacks is better than 190 in vit in my opinion. As long as you have enough hp to survive a few skill hits and heal easily youre pretty much set. (I loved the summer event because the spiritseed sets were perfect for a winds build!)

Unfortunately, I have not been able to experiment with spiritseed/shrivewood sets so I've not tried that. It sounds pretty sweet though and I will include what you said in the guide. Thanks man!
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Re: A Guide to Playing/Leveling a Druid

#24
Arjunlite wrote:Well said Chronus.

Howling Wind has evolved into a support skill rather than a levelling skill/DPS ever since the earthstone armour + birch rings fell into disuse. For Howling Wind to be effective, your defence needs to be equal to or greater than the enemy's attack and that requires points invested into dexterity or defence boosting gear which a druid would not usually wear.
Side Note: Bosses have such high attack and defence nowadays that even as a bossing skill, howling wind has lost its potency.

Yes it has but shrive wood makes it useful

I put about 150 dex into my build with shrive wood and it gave me 600 defence
With maxed howling wind the enemy never could hit me
But i have no dex in my build anymore since im more support
And that 150 dex really makes a difference

Anyways i think that howling wind and bark works wonders.... On trolls (amazing exp) the only problem with trolls is the skills but then again bark helps with it. And the crushing blow only deals less than 1k dmg(amazing)
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Re: A Guide to Playing/Leveling a Druid

#25
Congratz on this awesome guide bud!

Without realizing it, I'm doing something similar to you on my druid atm (hybrid crazy dps tanky with healing, very funny to play with!!):

Lvl 111 1900ish HP/ tons of energy
Heroic Boots & Gloves,
Mighty Silverweb Mask (60 focus, 50 vit, etc)
Cosmic Robe and Legs (got adamant already)
Snowbound Candycane (or white rod with camo)
Freezing Axe of Triumph (Royal shield of the mountain or Golden Trident)
Midnight tali
Grand Silverweb Charm of Earth (+5 lightning and vines)
Resistance braces (lol)
Royal Shield of Bark Ring, Grand Silverweb Ring of Natures touch, Grand Silverweb Ring of Lightning Strike (Royal Bless Ring) and Royal Lightning Strike Ring (Grand Bless Ring)

Str: 5(125) axe
Dex: 40-50
Foc: rest
Vit: 222(272) double my lvl

Maxed: Vines, Strike, Bark and Touch
Rest: abundance (may drop it for Howling and max it since I've got extra points due to gear)
Bless: 1(10) for a +200 evasions boost (works twice as good with royal shield of the mountain)

I just see ow trees fall all over the place! And can still help healing with 960 touch and boost armor!

I am tempted to drop my main and go all the way with my druid xD
By Frejlheir from Sulis

Re: A Guide to Playing/Leveling a Druid

#26
Einherjar wrote:Congratz on this awesome guide bud!

Without realizing it, I'm doing something similar to you on my druid atm (hybrid crazy dps tanky with healing, very funny to play with!!):

Lvl 111 1900ish HP/ tons of energy
Heroic Boots & Gloves,
Mighty Silverweb Mask (60 focus, 50 vit, etc)
Cosmic Robe and Legs (got adamant already)
Snowbound Candycane (or white rod with camo)
Freezing Axe of Triumph (Royal shield of the mountain or Golden Trident)
Midnight tali
Grand Silverweb Charm of Earth (+5 lightning and vines)
Resistance braces (lol)
Royal Shield of Bark Ring, Grand Silverweb Ring of Natures touch, Grand Silverweb Ring of Lightning Strike (Royal Bless Ring) and Royal Lightning Strike Ring (Grand Bless Ring)

Str: 5(125) axe
Dex: 40-50
Foc: rest
Vit: 222(272) double my lvl

Maxed: Vines, Strike, Bark and Touch
Rest: abundance (may drop it for Howling and max it since I've got extra points due to gear)
Bless: 1(10) for a +200 evasions boost (works twice as good with royal shield of the mountain)

I just see ow trees fall all over the place! And can still help healing with 960 touch and boost armor!

I am tempted to drop my main and go all the way with my druid xD

Glad to see you are enjoying yourself. The most important thing is to be happy when you login and feel complete with what you have without worrying about others. I'd recommend tinkering with howling wind as the others above have mentioned. First hand experience is always the best !

Thanks for reading the guide, and best of luck with leveling. Do come and tell me if you hit the 180's :)

Cheers mate
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Re: A Guide to Playing/Leveling a Druid

#27
Arjunlite wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Congratz on this awesome guide bud!

Without realizing it, I'm doing something similar to you on my druid atm (hybrid crazy dps tanky with healing, very funny to play with!!):

Lvl 111 1900ish HP/ tons of energy
Heroic Boots & Gloves,
Mighty Silverweb Mask (60 focus, 50 vit, etc)
Cosmic Robe and Legs (got adamant already)
Snowbound Candycane (or white rod with camo)
Freezing Axe of Triumph (Royal shield of the mountain or Golden Trident)
Midnight tali
Grand Silverweb Charm of Earth (+5 lightning and vines)
Resistance braces (lol)
Royal Shield of Bark Ring, Grand Silverweb Ring of Natures touch, Grand Silverweb Ring of Lightning Strike (Royal Bless Ring) and Royal Lightning Strike Ring (Grand Bless Ring)

Str: 5(125) axe
Dex: 40-50
Foc: rest
Vit: 222(272) double my lvl

Maxed: Vines, Strike, Bark and Touch
Rest: abundance (may drop it for Howling and max it since I've got extra points due to gear)
Bless: 1(10) for a +200 evasions boost (works twice as good with royal shield of the mountain)

I just see ow trees fall all over the place! And can still help healing with 960 touch and boost armor!

I am tempted to drop my main and go all the way with my druid xD

Glad to see you are enjoying yourself. The most important thing is to be happy when you login and feel complete with what you have without worrying about others. I'd recommend tinkering with howling wind as the others above have mentioned. First hand experience is always the best !

Thanks for reading the guide, and best of luck with leveling. Do come and tell me if you hit the 180's :)

Cheers mate

I just wish i could solo lvl and get at least 1.3 bars....
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest