Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Nature Attunement

I think an attunement is a great idea, however as GhostLord said instead of boosting Damage it should boost Heals.
The problem with what Regenleif and Ghost are saying, however, is that there is absolutely no reason to boost our healing skills. Why? Because leveling groups never need druids. Because my clan doesn't use druids for Snorri or any DL bosses. Because we do Mordris and Hrung with very few druids. The issue is not that our heals need to be boosted, the issue is that our heals are not needed. That's why giving us an attunement skill to boost our DPS may just be enough to make druids useful, and even help druids level more.
Galadriel~ Level 202+ druid (Danu)

I think an attunement is a great idea, however as GhostLord said instead of boosting Damage it should boost Heals.
The problem with what Regenleif and Ghost are saying, however, is that there is absolutely no reason to boost our healing skills. Why? Because leveling groups never need druids. Because my clan doesn't use druids for Snorri or any DL bosses. Because we do Mordris and Hrung with very few druids. The issue is not that our heals need to be boosted, the issue is that our heals are not needed. That's why giving us an attunement skill to boost our DPS may just be enough to make druids useful, and even help druids level more.
On Lugh we can never have enough druids, and we always need heals on said bosses, I suppose it's situational, I feel like heals would be better than damage because even if that's not what we do, it's what we're supposed to do. Maybe it could buff both support skills and DPS skills?
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

On Taranis we only have 8 active Druid mains above level 180, and they are split between the three endgame clans on our server...
The problem with what Regenleif and Ghost are saying, however, is that there is absolutely no reason to boost our healing skills. The issue is not that our heals need to be boosted, the issue is that our heals are not needed.
Why? Because leveling groups never need druids.
I find that many leveling groups prefer druids, especially for troll groups or Garanak add groups
Because my clan doesn't use druids for Snorri or any DL bosses. Because we do Mordris and Hrung with very few druids.
I believe Druids are a MUST for Hrungnir (roots or tanking) and Mordris (can't bolas Mordris). Also, during lock fights at Snorri I am constantly asked whether I could buff the rogues or root when the bolas fails. Keeping 5 rogues alive can mean the difference between lock and nolock.. Also, for other DL bosses keeping the add-killers healed is crucial!
That's why giving us an attunement skill to boost our DPS may just be enough to make druids useful, and even help druids level more.
I agree that an attunement skill for DPS would be useful, however maxing a whole other skill just for this is quite the overkill. Druids already have too many skills, and not enough points to make a nice sturdy leveling build. Instead of a DPS attune, I believe a general boost to Druid DPS skills would be better needed (such as a 33% decrease in energy required for casting Strike, Storm, Vines, Swarm, Winds, and Roots)
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

The way I envision this implemented (and mage attunes too) is as a passive. Passive skills that do not use the skill points that we have to allocate now would really open up the game to alternate builds imo. At say lvl 90,120,150,180,210,240 you could gain a point or two to allocate into passive skills. Perhaps a passive could be upgraded a time or two or boosted by gear. The problem (at least for casters) that we keep running into is that we do not have enough skill points.

A mage has a variety of damage skills, but to use two damage skills (bolt/storm or blast/shards) a mage must also use two other skills (attune/lure). Then to keep up energy a mage must use another skill (because when a caster runs out of energy he or she is sunk). If the mage wishes to be able to do all of this and survive he or she must use another skill (e shield). Then say their clan or server wants to kill mordris. What if their mordris strategy requires mages to freeze the priestess? The mage must either use 2 alt books 2 or 3 times a week or drop another skill. Which skill so you drop? e shield? You may die more often. E boost? you may not be able to cast without sigils/elix/restos.

Sorry if my little tangent distracted you from the original idea about passives. I just intended it as an example of how passive skills or abilities could free up points and make alternate builds more viable.
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

Unecessary. Druids can solo level with the right build and have very good dps, those that argue against this do so because DoT's do not stack but that is another issue altogether.
Ph.D. in Broscience
Level 10+ in all classes
Veteran player - playing since 2014
Recruit
50+ in all stats

How about just eliminating some of the sucky druid skills and replacing them with better ones (like nature attunement)? *cough* rescue *cough* spring of life *cough* sanctuary
I use sanctuary in my normal build at lvl 50 it adds 855 health indirectly by shielding. When several druids have it it protects the group from normal aoe damage. When active i don't ever get interrupted when casting a spell so it helps when soloing and you need to heal yourself.

I like the idea of a natures attunement. Except i have no points to use it. Winds, sanctuary, touch, breath, vines all at 50, what would i cut down?
ToeTag Druid lvl 221
Lasber Ranger 220
ToeFungas Mage 220
Cameltoe Lock Rogue 190
A proud General of Resurgence
World: Arawn

I dont think it is actually a good idea.

* Classes should be different
* Druids have too many skills as it is
* There is nothing wrong with some classes being harder to play than others. You have a free will to play whatever class you want to.
It's a good skill by nature, but as Mandagar said, there's already so many skills to choose from. Perhaps altering the less used skills is a better approach compared to introducing new ones.
How about just eliminating some of the sucky druid skills and replacing them with better ones (like nature attunement)? *cough* rescue *cough* spring of life *cough* sanctuary
What about consolidating the SIX wards into two: Ward of the Elements (fire, ice, magic) and Ward of Combat (pierce, slash, crush)?

Just a thought...
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

What about consolidating the SIX wards into two: Ward of the Elements (fire, ice, magic) and Ward of Combat (pierce, slash, crush)?

Just a thought...
I suggested this about a year ago.. instead of having 6 wards, just get rid of the Physical Wards (who uses them over bark?) and make the elemental ones into a skill called Shield of Dreams (to match Shield of Bark.. with possibly more resists than bark since most elemental attacks deal much higher damage than physical)
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Just a thought...
I suggested this about a year ago.. instead of having 6 wards, just get rid of the Physical Wards (who uses them over bark?) and make the elemental ones into a skill called Shield of Dreams (to match Shield of Bark.. with possibly more resists than bark since most elemental attacks deal much higher damage than physical)
Great minds... :)

Now to get OTM on board...
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta