Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Nature Attunement

So there's been a lot of complaining about how underpowered druids are. I had a idea to fix that, and I posted it in feedback and suggestions. I have reposted this skill idea below so that more druids would see it and hopefully provide some input.
Nature Attunement
For 3 minutes, you become one with Nature, improving the power of your Lightning Strike and Storm Touch by X, and Strangling Vines and Stinging Swarm tick damage by Y.
  • Class: Druid
  • Stat: Focus
  • Ability: Nature Magic
  • Cast time: 1 second
  • Cool down: 2 minutes
Note that Nature Attunement's boosts (X and Y) should not be as powerful as Fire Attunement's boost (because it affects 4 skills intend of 2), but nevertheless it ought to increase druid DPS significantly. The intent of this skill is not to make druids rival mages in DPS—druids will still remain in last place in that department because of a lack of magic lures. The main purpose is to somewhat help druids solo level.

There could also be a parallel skill that boosts druid heals instead of damage (in that case, Nature's Attunement might need to be renamed). However, I think that a buff to druid damage is needed more than a buff to druid heals right now.

What are your thoughts on this new skill idea?
Last edited by Swan on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Nature Attunement

Good idea. I would almost prefer, however, that a druid attunement would only boost 2 skills instead of 4 as you suggested. Mages can choose between two different attunements, each boosting two different skills. So why not allow druids the choice of two attunements, each boosting 2 different skills?

A clever way to give druids a larger variety of builds to choose from would be to create 2 druid attunemnts: Burst Attune and DOT attune. Burst would boost strike and storm, while DOT would boost vines and bees. This would allow druids to have even more variety in their builds. Another reason to do this would be because an attune that boosts 4 skills would be tremendously overpowered (Unless each skill was boosted by a different amount, but this would be too complicated to do). For example, storm touch should not receive the same damage boost as bees. One of these skills would be barely affected, and the other would become way overpowered.

Great idea, though. Support!
Galadriel~ Level 202+ druid (Danu)

I dont think it is actually a good idea.

* Classes should be different
* Druids have too many skills as it is
* There is nothing wrong with some classes being harder to play than others. You have a free will to play whatever class you want to.
  • Playing since Christmas 2011
    Remove BoE
    Make new endgame content providing similar rewards but without the need for dominant clans
    Add horizontal content

It's a good skill by nature, but as Mandagar said, there's already so many skills to choose from. Perhaps altering the less used skills is a better approach compared to introducing new ones.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I dont think it is actually a good idea.

* Classes should be different
* Druids have too many skills as it is
* There is nothing wrong with some classes being harder to play than others. You have a free will to play whatever class you want to.
It's a good skill by nature, but as Mandagar said, there's already so many skills to choose from. Perhaps altering the less used skills is a better approach compared to introducing new ones.
How about just eliminating some of the sucky druid skills and replacing them with better ones (like nature attunement)? *cough* rescue *cough* spring of life *cough* sanctuary

That would work. Bottom line is that all skills should be looked at and made usable in some situations or be removed.
    Remove BoE
    Make new endgame content providing similar rewards but without the need for dominant clans
    Add horizontal content

+1 to the idea of having a attunement skill.

This is my problem with it, druids main role in end game and even middle game is healing, when was the last time your lvl 190 buddy whispered you "hey come help me deal damage to this boss." It probably hasen't. I think it would be more beneficial to have a boost to our healing skills. The only time we truly must relie on self dps is 180+ because their are no grps. Not many druids are that high. And even then when we go to bosses like snorri our main job is healing, so any new skills should revolve around our main purpose. Also OTM does need to fix skills like spring of life, sanctuary, rescue etc.
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

I think an attunement is a great idea, however as GhostLord said instead of boosting Damage it should boost Heals.

Already it is rather hard to make a support build. Touch is a given, Bark of course, Embrace probably, but then what? Abundance is alright, breath is somewhat decent, most other support skills are useless... So why not make the skill boost Touch Bark and Embrace? (maybe abundance to) by a set amount? +500 touch, bark, embrace, and abundance wouldn't hurt anything, nor make any of those skills too OP (except maybe bark).

The reason Mages can have attunes is because most of their damage comes from Instant Damage, and their skills in the Fire/Ice catagory have similar damages (fire is low, ice is high). For Druids, while a damage attunement could work, Vines and Swarm do VERY different damages. Adding 500 damage to both would be ok for vines but amazing for swarm, which will unbalance a lot of things. Being able to hit 1.5k poison damage on any boss would be way overpowered, compared to the 700 damage that is done right now. While for mages 500 damage is ok for both skills, similar amounts to druid DOT skills would cause heavy unbalance.. unless you want a nerf on our DOT.

And forget about individual bonuses.. Too much error can be made (and would be made) to make them of any use.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Well the boost could be a % instead of a fixed amount or it could even work different for different skills. Maybe too complicated.

I like the idea of boosting support skills.
    Remove BoE
    Add horizontal content