Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Druid Feedback

So far I have played a Druid up to level 35 and wanted to offer some feedback.

Skills

Strangling Vines: Single target dot. Very nice damage/energy efficiency at low skill ranks. The downside is it is the only damage spell Druids get. Also, the increase in rank is not worth the extra energy. So even though the energy cost is 2x, 3x, 4x the damage increase isnt as high. Also, since its the only damage spell, if you increase the rank you wont have a low energy damage spell. With energy regen being so slow at higher levels it also makes higher ranks prohibitive.
Suggestion: Add second damage spell. Low damage, single target nuke. For vines, reduce the energy cost for higher ranks or increase damage for higher rank.

Nature's Touch: Primary single target heal spell. Great spell. Can heal for large amounts even at low ranks. Heal to energy ratio is good at lower ranks. I am healing for 118 at lvl 35 with rank 2. Again like strangling vines the increase in rank is not worth the extra healing due to the higher energy costs. Also, the cast and recycle times are way too long. Its almost impossible to cast it on yourself during combat due to interupts. When casting on someone else you have to begin casting when they are practically at full health or they die before you can get the spell off.
Suggestion: Increase casting speed for higher ranks.

Recuperate: Regen heal. Worthless spell. Heals 20 ticks over 2 minutes but stops if target engages in combat. Since spawns/combat are rediculously fast this spell rearely gets off two or three ticks let alone 2 minutes worth. Also, the skill is based on first aid which means you have to level it up seperately from Nature Magic. Also, even with 102 first aid I am only getting 3 health per tick or 60 health over 2 minutes for 3 energy. Nature's touch gives me 118 health for 6 energy. Also, the recycle on the spell is rediculously long.
Suggestion: Make this a smaller less energy effcient instant cast heal with a long recycle. Keep Nature's touch as a larger more efficient heal with shorter recycle. If you keep it as a regen, it needs to regen during combat and switched to nature's magic

Grasping Roots: Roots enemy in place. Great spell. Expensive at higher levels, but since it can be reapplied to the same target it can effectively keep a single target rooted in place and out of combat for a long time. The only negative is you dont really need this spell at low levels because everything dies so quickly.
Suggestion: No change. Its expensive at higher levels (20 energy for 10 seconds at level 10) but it should be.

Howling Wind: Single target attack debuff for one minute. I really havent played with this spell much. Mostly because again at lower levels you dont need it because everything dies so quickly. It is expensive at 4 energy for rank 1. It might be helpful against 3* and higher mobs which take longer to kill.
Suggestion: None at this time

Stats

I have 5 str, 5 dex, 75 focus, 75 vitality, and 35 points currently undecided. I have tried higher vitality (100) and higher focus (100). Currently I have almost 500 health. I tried higher focus to see if higher ranks in skills would be doable, but the higher ranks are so energy expensive its better to keep the skills low and efficienct even at lvl 35. I havent experimented with higher strength for melee damage but since we wear cloth armor or face steep energy penalities it doesnt make sense to invest alot in melee damage. Im better off having 500 health, let the mob beat me and let strangling vines do damage. I also havent tried Dex, but since even rogues and rangers arent using much dex, again its easier to max vitality and let mobs beat on me. I can heal up quickly with nature's touch for very little energy. I do think its interesting that most fighters have lower vitality than I do since they boost strength for damage. While it takes 3 or 4 heals to max out my own health, most of the time it only takes 1 heal on a fighter.
Suggestion: Give stat increases a diminishing return. The more you invest in a stat the less you get. This will at least make investing a few points in every stat worthwhile.

Other Thoughts

* Heals need to generate less agro
* Reduce interupts slightly. The interupt rate for mobs same lvl or lower is a little too high
* Improve the effect to energy ratio for higher skill ranks
* Group XP is worthless. Increase the XP when grouped, decrease the penalty for grouping with higher levels. Reward people for grouping not soloing
* When solo, award xp to the player who initiates combat with a mob, not the player who gets the kill shot (anti kill stealing)
* Idea for Druid Spell: Barksin: lasts 10 minutes, adds defense and resistances

I love the game and cant wait to see more.

Re: Druid Feedback

Great feedback. Its good to know there's people that are willing to share this kind of information. I'm a druid as well and although I won't go by detail - most of what he says is completely accurate and true.

Re: Druid Feedback

Nice feedback. I think we've all posted our suggestions about Druid (the ones that actually play it at least and stick with it) in other topics, but its good to see what others feels about it too. good job bud :D
World: Arawn
IGN: Etive
Class: Druid lvl 55
Clan: (Leader) RedBranch