Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Regenleif's Guide for Druiding: Dragonfire Edition!

Hey all,
I have been asked to make a guide for the new expansion of the game: Dragonfire. This is a simple guide, merely building on/changing my previous one here http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11316(which goes much more in depth with bossing and leveling). Treat all changes here as modifications to the original guide.

----------------------------
Noble Druid,
It is a pleasure to see that you have entered our world! With a very recent update, I believe it would be very beneficial for you to know the ropes and how you should best connect with the new world around you. Here is a guidebook that you could use to help you along the way until about lvl 100-120, where my experience lessens and it would be better for others to help you:

LEVELING:
Leveling should start out by being relatively easy. Start by simply targeting the mob and casting lightning, then vines, then lightning again. Make sure that you have embrace cast on yourself, and that you are healed in between individual mobs. See the original guide for a good table of places to level.

QUESTS:
See the Quests section under the original guide. Make note that there is a new quest this update in Stonevale that rewards you with a Book of Alteration and a Book of Rebirth. This quest can only be done once, so make good use of it.

STATS:
Every time you level up, I would reccomend placing all points in either Vitality (VIT) or Focus (FOC), alternating. Here is what it should look like:

--LVL------FOCUS------VITALITY--
1 10 10
2 10 15
3 15 15
4 15 20
5 20 20
6 20 25
7 25 25
8 25 30
9 30 30
10 30 35

Follow the pattern until you have 300 VIT (about 1900 hp), and from there place everything else into focus.

SKILLS:
Here are the skills you should use, and level them in this order of priority:
-Lightning Strike (deals damage)
-Strangling Vines (deals damage over time)
-Embrace (heals over time)
-Nature's Touch (heals)

Remember, ONLY PLACE POINTS INTO THESE FOUR SKILLS. You will have extra points at times, so keep those points unused. At levels 10, 15, 30, 51, 60, 90, 120, 150, and 180 the maximum skill lvls will increase, making use for those unused points.

WEAPONRY:
Druids have two different Weapon options: Staff and Totem. Staff is terrible, so as soon as possible get a totem (fastest purchasable in Shalemont and Stonevale), and the totem ability (purchaseale in stonevale). You may be able to ask a kind high-lvl to buy you an ancient wolf totem, but do not rely on that. They cost 2,100g.

For an offhand, I would suggest starting by using a nooby shield that you may pick up along the way. Save up all your gold for a Master's Grimore (200k) (lvl req 50), however I may be able to sell you my old one for 249k. Once you get the grimore keep saving until you can buy a Focus of the Seer (lvl req 100).

JEWELRY:
Most jewelry in the game will work quite well. I can lend you a bronze ammy of energization, which will tide you over until you can afford the Amulet of Life (lvl req 100). For a charm, simply use the cold-resist charm you get in Lirs during the story quest.

For bracelets, I would recomend waiting until you receive a resistance bracelet during a boss. They work well, and you could get them for free if you ask a high lvl (ask them for a mystic resistance bracelet).

For rings, start by using the signet of Lir from Lord Maclir, the resistance ring from Janet Kelso, and any skill rings of Nature's Touch, Lightning Strike, Strangling Vines, and Nature's Embrace that you come upon during your travels. NEVER BUY A RING.

When it comes to choosing one ring over another ring, prioritize skill rings over other rings, and prioritize skill rings in this order:
Nature's Touch
Strangling Vines
Lightning Strike
Nature's Embrace

ARMOR:
You should be able to do quite fine throughout the game using the quest armor, but if you could find a nice high level to donate you Ancient Silk armor (even just the Robe the Skirt) during you lvl 30-60's, then by all means take it. Just remember to give it back.

BOSSING:
For the most part, you will be able to boss just fine by using just touch and embrace on the tank. All details can be looked into further detail in the original guide. Do not be afraid to tell the group when a mob is attacking you, and remember that everyone has limits. Even a druid.

-----------

That concludes the expansion to my guide. I hope you can use this guide to enhance your knowledge of the Druid race and to assist you on your adventures.

Happy Healing,
Regenleif
Last edited by Regenleif on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Regenleif's Guide for Druiding: Dragonfire Edition!

Just skimmed some but a grim is 200k

Actually he is somewhat correct. But the title negates it. Pre-patch (before Dragonfire Update), many patches ago in Update 3, Master's Grimoire was 300,000 gold. I remember this because Regenleif asked for 80,000 gold to compensate for his lost, payed me back a week later.
The price was changed???? OTM owes me 100k :x Yes, the price used to be 300k. I will change that.
So no points are to be put into meditate? That seems like a kinda important skill
Since healing now places you in combat mode, meditate is kind of useless....
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Regenleif's Guide for Druiding: Dragonfire Edition!

The price was changed???? OTM owes me 100k :x Yes, the price used to be 300k. I will change that.

Since healing now places you in combat mode, meditate is kind of useless....
1. It's too bad you didn't realize back when they changed the price... they refunded gold to anyone who sent in a ticket. I doubt you would get the refund now, but it never hurts to try.

2. I disagree, and your statement is moot. You must have missed that Meditate now works during battle. It is more important than ever before. For the first time in my year and a half of playing I have finally put a point into meditate. I have Meditate running all the time. It is like a free piece of jewelry. :)
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.