Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

duskshadow / darkshadow

I'm at ~65 and I think the duskshadow / darkshadow are not too terrible for me as I try to upgrade my armor from midsummer. Seems they might even be better than Warden from the pieces I've gotten. I can actually get in groups to get the quest items usually vs Warden which seem to be pay to get the drops more often than getting in groups to get the drops. Wish they were tradeable though. Thoughts?

Jim
Celtic Heroes Item DB Celtic Heroes Info

Re: duskshadow / darkshadow

As a support druid I have only used diamond armor for the focus bonus. I did not have any real armor before level 90.

I think the new armor is a great free option that provides some bonuses so I would definitely get it.

Touch
Touch (Druid) 150
Spitfire (Mage) 160

Very true. I more meant do you think that the stats are better than the Warden armor? Is focus always better? Some posts say that focus over 300 has diminishing returns. Are the resistances better as you go up in levels?
Diminishing return just means ou get less and less benefit tho, and some ppl have a lot more than 300 lol. Also, shadow armor gives a lot of evade bonus while warden gives resists.

And they free :)
World: Rhiannon

I think the new armor is awesome. It helps Mages and Dps druids more of a threat in combat. As far as support goes only the Guanlets are needed for the 15 focus. Other than that, just stick with diamond as it still provided more focus to us than the new armor.

Support should go full diamond minus the hood and guanlets and get the crown of wizadry and the event guanlets.
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

Cant say I like the new armour much at this point due to zero spell resistance for dps roles Evasion seems kind of luck based so I am not counting much on there.

As for support casters, I do feel its a good substitue for diamond gear. Full diamond around 400k which gives slightly more focus, more resistance and more vit whereas u can get a free set that gives 75 focus.
Free vs 400k

Good for those who having tough time for gold grinding
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Cant say I like the new armour much at this point due to zero spell resistance for dps roles Evasion seems kind of luck based so I am not counting much on there.

As for support casters, I do feel its a good substitue for diamond gear. Full diamond around 400k which gives slightly more focus, more resistance and more vit whereas u can get a free set that gives 75 focus.
Free vs 400k

Good for those who having tough time for gold grinding
When you put it in that perpective lol, yes I do agree.

+1 for New gear being free and a nice alternative to diamond :D
+1 for diamond being awesome still :lol:
Omnipotent Rogue 187+
LadyLust Mage 168+
Wolfgang of Mabon :)

I think these new armour quests are a solid addition to the game. I don't really thing the Shadow gear should be compared to Quartz or Diamond, simply because it is a free quest vs. a purchasable set.

These new sets are great, especially for the lower to mid level players. The new reality is that most people don't have full Warden or Met even in the low 100s. I prefer this armour for the Focus bonus hands down.

I'll tell you this, though, Jim... that they are NO-TRADE is the reason you can get them. If the sets could be traded, the bosses would be camped and killed by high levels.

Were you around in the summer? OTM tried to give a little bit to everyone. That's why they had the level 50, 90, and 140 Dragons, PLUS the level 30 Wyvryn. The unfortunate reality was that high levels killed everything. I will admit that I killed the Wyvryn once during the summer. I was curious if I could solo it, and interested in what it dropped. I saw it was easy; it dropped nothing of use for me, and I left it alone for the rest of the event. I routinely saw high levels slaughtering the poor bugger though.

Having this armour as a quest, and as no-trade is excellent. Well constructed quest, and the gear will be great for you.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.