Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Howling Wind Test - Amazing results

Thank you OP. I’m using maxed howling wind duo leveling with my rogue who has maxed fast reflexes. It’s a great combination.

Yesterday after my rogue and druid hit level 120, I redid skills on both toons and rebirthed my rogue. The rogue used to be mostly STR but I’ve moved a bunch of those points into DEX. I maxed fast reflexes, and with royal and fabled rings have 38/30. Also maxed poison weapon but don’t have any rings so that one is 30/30. Most of my equipment adds to dmg; with poison weapon active I have a dmg stat of around 540. I could increase this significantly with a better weapon, but I’m using the noob quest Shoreline Dagger, which has a speed of 1520. Great for interrupts and faster than the 1750 knuckleblades. Average damage per hit on same level mobs is around 200. With poison weapon it’s around 240.

On my druid I maxed howling wind at 39/30 with rings. Natures embrace is also maxed, and heals 130-ish per tick. For leveling I use a golden helm of severity, golden trident of ice, at least one damage bracelet, and no weapon. After howling wind and a moderate storm touch I do melee, which hits in the 80-120 range. I have a dark grimoire of health on loan from a friend, but it has a weapon speed of 3200 and I’m trying to raise H2H ability so I usually leave it unequipped except for bossing, since I don’t need the focus boost for leveling.

The increased dex on the rogue means more hits are landing. This seems to work out slightly better versus fewer but harder hits from the previous high-strength build. In any case, nature’s embrace takes care of almost all the damage, and aside from abundance every three minutes I rarely have to cast spells in the middle of the fight. This means more H2H adding to the overall dps of the duo, as well as contributing to interrupts. Right now this is a great combination for leveling on wraiths. Abundance takes care of the sickly pallor, and the interrupts mean they go into a near-infinite cycle of trying to cast life drain or sickly pallor. When they do try to get in a few hits, they usually miss.

On top of this, I can now recast fast reflexes (wasn’t a problem before) and/or poison weapon (used to always get interrupted, now an interruption is rare) in the middle of the fight.

For dual boxing this is a much better build combination than my previous one, where I felt like I was always casting wards, and wouldn’t bother trying to recast reflexes or poison weapon in a fight.
Lugh | Lightface: Druid 141 | Kaonashi: Druid 141 | FacepaIm: Rogue 141
The B Team: Noface: Warrior 130 | Tsundere: Mage 130 | Smileyface: Druid 130
Retired from CH since 2013

Thank you OP. I’m using maxed howling wind duo leveling with my rogue who has maxed fast reflexes. It’s a great combination.
I refuse to say its OP coz its not.
Its like Bolas for melee classes and you need to have high defences for this to work properly. So basically its a 1+1=2. Different build thats all.
If anything, it actually increases the group leveling potential for druids and rogues instead of the standard tank + druid or ranger + druid.

Rogues love me too btw now. :mrgreen:
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

I don't think aleph was calling the skill OP, I think he was using the phrase OP meaning (Original Poster of topic.) I personally thank you for the info. Although I currently don't have the skill points at the moment to max it I will definetly be looking into it in the near future.
Last edited by Maxxee on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaxeesVigor 200 druid
Independent of Lugh

Its like Bolas for melee classes and you need to have high defences for this to work properly. So basically its a 1+1=2. Different build thats all.
If anything, it actually increases the group leveling potential for druids and rogues instead of the standard tank + druid or ranger + druid.

I think he meant OP as original poster, not overpowered.

I bet rogues do love you... makes me rethink the viability of a roguetank in a wider application; if they had a pocket-druid with maxed HW......Hmmm.

I think he meant OP as original poster, not overpowered.

I bet rogues do love you... makes me rethink the viability of a roguetank in a wider application; if they had a pocket-druid with maxed HW......Hmmm.
Ninja'd :D
MaxeesVigor 200 druid
Independent of Lugh

Yes, I did mean original poster. You don't seriously think I'd volunteer to have my current build nerfed, do you?
Tbh, its the first time I came across Op as original poster. I will start a bloody petition if they nerf this build too :mrgreen:
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Tbh, its the first time I came across Op as original poster. I will start a bloody petition if they nerf this build too :mrgreen:

Morph, Spartann needed to level, you know him (for others, he is a level 147 rogue, as of now), so we both went to the cave area and duo'd. Bottomline is that i had spare skillpoints since i was planning on saving them for level 120 when the skillpoints increase 5 more points into x/30. So what i thought was about Morph's experiment and tested it myself. As you have whispered me recently, wyerns do mostly if not all (apart from lava wyverns that is), do melee or auto-attack damage. So i had 17 points to spare and put all in howling wind! To my surprise, Spartann was not hit by wyvern 6/10 of the time (approximately). 4/10 hits is a lot to consider!

Great post morph, keep it up!
RoyalSeraphim, Druid of Taranis