Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Beginner Solo class without a lot of plat

After creating a new toon i could see that playing a character requires lot of micro transactions of plat even for something mundane and ordinary like health/mana regeneration.

With that said, which beginner solo class would you suggest which comparatively requires less number of plat even for ordinary solo questing and experiencing solo content?

I was thinking of playing a rogue but looks like i will back away if this class requires me to a bunch of plat just for ordinary solo questing.

Any ideas mates?

Re: Beginner Solo class without a lot of plat

After creating a new toon i could see that playing a character requires lot of micro transactions of plat even for something mundane and ordinary like health/mana regeneration.

With that said, which beginner solo class would you suggest which comparatively requires less number of plat even for ordinary solo questing and experiencing solo content?

I was thinking of playing a rogue but looks like i will back away if this class requires me to a bunch of plat just for ordinary solo questing.

Any ideas mates?
Mage and ranger are usually the two that are suggested the most.
Mage has energy boost and e shield which enables a platless play.
Ranger has light heal and can be converted into a paladin like class of sorts (although there is a massive dps loss)
Druid also isn’t too bad in my opinion although it is very slow.

Any class but rogue works for the most part for a cheap and easy class to level, rogues are from my perspective the most expensive class to level and maintain with druids being the cheapest.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

No to mage. Too much resto spam the higher and higher you go, especially when soloing.

I recommend you read through this thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=99926
wut resto spam at higher levels? At 160-180 I have always been able to grind in the halls without the need for any restos and in tower if you stay away from 4*'s solo lixing a glass cannon mage is a breeze.

The xp is slower and it is a bit more resto extensive than say group leveling, but when isn't that the case?
Right now on my 164 mage if I do a solo lix I'm able to get away with under 10 restos a lix.
Bob The God

No to mage. Too much resto spam the higher and higher you go, especially when soloing.

wut resto spam at higher levels? At 160-180 I have always been able to grind in the halls without the need for any restos and in tower if you stay away from 4*'s solo lixing a glass cannon mage is a breeze.

The xp is slower and it is a bit more resto extensive than say group leveling, but when isn't that the case?
Right now on my 164 mage if I do a solo lix I'm able to get away with under 10 restos a lix.
Without sigils you’ll be spamming restos like a mad man, unless if you want to wait a long time for your energy to go back up with a low level eboost or leave after every single fight to the tavern

Plus there’s simply not enough skill points to balance a good amount of support skills with dps. E shield sucks up your energy, dumping points into eboost means less points for dps skills, less dps means the fights will take longer which increases the chances of dying, which isn’t something you want for a glass cannon.

Ranger seems like the best choice for many because of light heal and bolas... but if a bolas misses on a tougher mob, then you’re probably done for. Light heal won’t save you all the time because you’re either too squishy for the heals to make up for it or it gets interrupted and you die. With their lack of dps skills and reliance on support skills (when playing without heavy plat investments), fights will take longer than they need to, thus increasing the risk of dying

Warrior is still by far the best choice for reasons mentioned in that thread I linked

Overall, energy will be a problem no matter what class you play. Casters and rogues are definitely worse off when it comes to energy. So it comes down to survivability while maintaining good dps output, warrior takes the crown over ranger
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Without sigils you’ll be spamming restos like a mad man, unless if you want to wait a long time for your energy to go back up with a low level eboost or leave after every single fight to the tavern

Plus there’s simply not enough skill points to balance a good amount of support skills with dps. E shield sucks up your energy, dumping points into eboost means less points for dps skills, less dps means the fights will take longer which increases the chances of dying, which isn’t something you want for a glass cannon.

Ranger seems like the best choice for many because of light heal and bolas... but if a bolas misses on a tougher mob, then you’re probably done for. Light heal won’t save you all the time because you’re either too squishy for the heals to make up for it or it gets interrupted and you die. With their lack of dps skills and reliance on support skills (when playing without heavy plat investments), fights will take longer than they need to, thus increasing the risk of dying

Warrior is still by far the best choice for reasons mentioned in that thread I linked

Overall, energy will be a problem no matter what class you play. Casters and rogues are definitely worse off when it comes to energy. So it comes down to survivability while maintaining good dps output, warrior takes the crown over ranger
If you level warrior you will need energy lixs
If you level mage you will need energy
If you play a jumping rabbit you will need energy lixs ;)

No matter what class you play you will have energy problems, as you say yourself.
I agree warriors are easy as pie to level, why I leveled a warrior first on gwyd. However, I have found mages to be cheaper as they don’t really need any lux etc. so while warriors may be easier per se, due to mages having energy boost and e-shield and almost all of their best gear being drop based and pretty cheap, I find them to be the cheapest along with druids to level, but no one like interruptions ;)

As for not enough skill points, in my guide I discuss ways of balancing out these worries at low-mid game so that a mage is able to retain DPS while still able to level easily enough.
To summarize this all a mage would need to do is:
-) max attune
-) max bolt
-) max storm
-) Level lure to half of max
-) level e shield to half
-) put spares in eboost
— once eboost sufficiently regens energy start putting points into e shield again
Bob The God