Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is it even worth

No bs no bias opinions is it even worth to play this game new rn? without being a plat buyer too. Will this game still be around in a year or 2? is it worth to dedicate lots of time to play or should i play other game if so which

ty
Well, first off...you are getting my biased opinion (because I am a player) and it may or may not seem like bs to you (but that's your fault/opinion not mine) so here goes!

I don't think you need to be a plat buyer to progress in the game. It has the same trade-off that most games do....it saves you a lot of time and effort if you buy plat, but the game can still be played and enjoyed without spending any money at all...it just means there will be a lot of farming if you want to be decked out in gear.

My opinion is that the game isn't going anywhere. It still has a pretty good playerbase with a lot of mostly-loyal players, VR seems set on progressing the game farther and continually updating it, and it wouldn't make any business sense for them to take it up and then close it down right away.

That being said, the playerbase hasn't really had a good chance to see what VR can do. Since they took over last year, all that's been done is upgrading the engine and minor content updates. They do seem to be edging the game more towards an asian feel with the phoenixes and tigers (and the new UI they considered implementing)...but that's just my personal opinion based on the minor content that has been released. We as players won't really know where VR wants to take the game until they release a major update with some big changes (which is looking like it may be around April-May).

Whether it's worth dedicating time to is entirely in your opinion. Do you like MMOs? Do you like growing your character? Trying different skills out? Fighting mobs? Hanging out with other neat people online? Doing boss raids? Fighting other clans for bosses? Then yeah you might enjoy it. There are definitely downsides to the game...a very high level cap means a lot of grinding to get to endgame. Slower boss spawns and low drop rates means that gearing can be slow for certain classes. However, there are issues with any MMO.

I can't tell if it's worth it because I don't know what you value. The only way to find out is to play it for a while.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

This is what I think. I think the game will be around for a long time, it's a small company so they don't need to reach targets or it will be game over like larger companies i.e. GL ect. Theirs a lot of mmorpgs on the App Store but this one is the only one of its kind imo (characters with real roles) and (not that heavy pvp bs like other late games). I think when they finally release it in other languages inparticularly Russian we will see the player base shoot up (add chat translation when this happens please), every mmo on the App Store I've played the Russian community seems to be the largest by far and they spend huge amounts on gaming. Personally I get bored quite fast with the game but maybe that's cus I'm not that much into gaming anymore and play more casually.

However, updates are taking wayyyy too long atm so I could be wrong.

If u wanna try something else I recently started playing Ranger Of Oblivion, came out early this year I think and I'm loving it. It's kind of like monster hunter but mixed with a real mmorpg, different towns, many npc to chat too, huge story with voice overs, side quests even random ones, u get your own house (not much to do in there rn but they updating that), mounts and many other things. No pets but theirs a variety of human companions. No pvp yet but I'm hoping they'll add that. Oh and the character creation is insanely good for a mobile game.
Last edited by Romeo on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No bs no bias opinions
lol, easy task :D
without being a plat buyer too. Will this game still be around in a year or 2? is it worth to dedicate lots of time to play or should i play other game if so which
You do not need to be a plat buyer to enjoy the game. All (I think) plat items are tradeable in game so you can buy from plat buyers if you're willing to do leg work (I.E. grinding/farming/merching).
Uhh no game is guaranteed to last the next 2 years (heck sometimes I feel like the government won't last that long :P), but they're actively working to improve things so that's indicative that they aren't gonna just drop the whole thing (disclaimer: "major" updates don't come very often). And on the time dedication thing; don't burn yourself out, take your time, have fun, make friends, don't try to "beat" the game in 2 weeks (hyperbole). Take breaks, take your time, don't not have fun and the game is definitely worth it (disclaimer: ok, yes time and effort do get rewarded especially i you find a good clan/server, but there's a diminishing return and some amount of patience required to reap maximum benefits so there's not much use in killing yourself 24/7 on it.)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Been around since December 2012 taking small breaks here and there to do other stuff but I would argue CH is worth playing if you enjoy the genre. CH takes time to do it right and isn’t a game you can really jumpstart right to the top in.
That being said the community is great, the game play is decent enough, and the dev team is pretty decent. No game is perfect, and I definitely wouldn’t say CH is, but it’s enjoyable and IMO that’s all a game really needs to be to make it worth playing.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

No bs no bias opinions is it even worth to play this game new rn? without being a plat buyer too. Will this game still be around in a year or 2? is it worth to dedicate lots of time to play or should i play other game if so which

ty[/]

My opinion is that the game isn't going anywhere.
Ahmen brotha

If you want to spend 6+ months levelling to endgame and then not having a chance at top tier gear for another year then sure.
Oh yaaa forgot about the end-game experience as I work on my alt solely now.
This is a really good point actually lol
End game is really disappointing. The journey isn't that bad but yeah when it gets to end game it gets very dull and tbh the way the game is set up I don't think it will change unless dungeons get added and that's where we get those drops aswell as from world bosses.

So the game will be around for a long time but that doesn't mean u will be lol

If you want to spend 6+ months levelling to endgame and then not having a chance at top tier gear for another year then sure.
Just play Epona. I think I saw a lvl 215 ranger with an imperial bt bow ring, all his other gear wasn’t worth mentioning lol. Depends on the server, on some it takes too long to get going with the good stuff and makes you turn CH into a legit part time job. Some like it, some don’t. I personally don’t understand it.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge