Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Since vr is working on new content...

#1
Add crafting, real crafting. Or smithing as ive heard it called here before. But i call it combining.
My idea, and idk if others have said it before: Divide all items into two categorys, primary and secondary. Weapons and armor would be primary and jewlery seconndary. Allow a player to choose one primary and one secondary to combine. Combining would add 50% of the secondary item's total stats to the primary item but it would also destroy the secondary item. Combining could be done three times max to any primary item but each time you combined the chance of the primary being damaged increases.
Combining takes time, up to three days maybe depending on the items combined, meaning you have to decide what you can do without for that time. Damaging a primary item would lower its stats by a percent, destroy the seconday and add no stats from the secondary. The first time you combined there would be like a 5% chance of damaging which would lead to a 10% reduction of the primarys stats and no stats added by the secondary and the secondary being destroyed. Second combination would have like a 15% chance of damaging the primary and a third trycould have 25% chance ofdamaging.
Now, vr could add stuff to the plat store toreduce or prevent damaging. They could also add things to speed up the combining process. A lot of people would be doing combining with a lot of gear, meaning more money in vr's pockets. Secondary items being destroied would mean clans swould have to farm raid bosses more, maybe so much more vr would increase spawn rates giving players more to do in the game. The damaged primary weapons could be fixed by yet another plat item or vr could allow armor and weapon story quests to be repeated and replacement primarys earned through farming dl and edl quest bosses (and the other gear quests). That too would make players need to farm those bosses again, producing more activity.
Thoughts? Ideas? Is this possable vr and would it even be considered?
Airrius 225 tank
TheGreenMan 216 druid
Balgair 221 rogue
Velocity 200 rogue
Iolo 225 ranger
Alistar 215 mage
Divym 223 mage

Re: Since vr is working on new content...

#2
I think combining items for a 50% increase of stats is a little op, especially 3 times...regardless of how easy it is to fail (especially if it’s possible to fix a “damaged” item),

Rather than combining existing items, I think a better solution might be to have new crafting components added to the game as mob/boss loot and quest rewards. Each component would have a certain strength and effect...for example, a Royal Ruby could give an item +10 health regen when combined with a piece of gear, a Godly Saphire might give +60 energy regen to an item, a Majestic Steel Bar might give an item +45 armor, etc.

An item could only be “enhanced” by one thing at a time. Enhancing an item a second time would simply overwrite the previous enhancement. The process of enhancement can either be super simple and have no risk, or it could have a chance of failure. It depends on whether VR would want to make crafting something that can be leveled up. If it had a chance of failure, failure could mean the enhancement component would just be destroyed. A higher chance of failure could come with rarer components or higher level gear.


I literally just came up with this on the spot as I was replying, so this may not entirely make sense....but either way, I think that if crafting (involving existing items) were added, it should only buff the item slightly...enough that people can tweak gear a little more. A 50% buff to and item’s stats would be insanely overpowered, especially when considering some of the endgame gear that is available. People with enough gold could even buy multiple 200 lux offhands, combining them for insanely op gear...and failing the combination would simply mean buying another offhand and retrying.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Since vr is working on new content...

#3
The reasons i went with combining are:
1. Theres a ton of useless raid loot just laying around. Why not put it to good use while making older bosses more relevent?
2. It would take less time and effort imo than creating a whole new system that includes new items and new bosses.
3. Combing allows for customization. Crafting allows for everyone crafting the best gear and using it.
The older items in exsistance already have good stats even when you do the 1/2 stats x 3 without being op. Remember, you can only add Jewelry to weapons and armor, not jewelry to jewelry or wepons or armor to jewelry. Lets take a tank for an example here. Lets say you got lucky enough to own three godly azure shield braces (180 vit, 140 dex, 900 def). If you are also lucky enough to combine all 3 with anything you will only be adding 270 vit, 210 dex and 1350 def to it. You would be much smarter to keep your bacelets, unless you had nothing else to do with them. Thats not op at all btw, even if you had three top tier bt drops combining would only benefit you if they were just wasting space.

Think of all the hrung rings that see zero use, with combining you could add 150 poison resistance to your edl legs, just need a few godly blightseals and im sure theres some laying around in someones bank, no matter what server you are on. Imagine being lower level and adding an extra 50-150 elemental dmg to your warden dagger, wouldnt that help level you up? Or adding up to 135 hp regen to everything (7 items) on your equipment page (60 is the highest regen right?), that would be 450hp regen per tick. Does that sound op? Does it still when you think of a tank on hp regen lix? Take a tank with 20k health, on hero regen lix they have 610 hp regen per tick. When you think of the cost too (say an average of 1 million per 60 tick item), it comes out to 21 million. Plus, if vr doesnt like the idea of allowing regen to be combined they dont have to, no biggie.
Crafting sounds good but all it really does is add another tier to the warden-exalted line. Combining allows for flexability and customization, two thing ch has lacked from the beginning. Wouldnt it be interesting to see all the different combinations ppl would use? The possabilities are litteraly endless.
Airrius 225 tank
TheGreenMan 216 druid
Balgair 221 rogue
Velocity 200 rogue
Iolo 225 ranger
Alistar 215 mage
Divym 223 mage

Re: Since vr is working on new content...

#5
I want enchanting or socketing personally.

I think VR should all the stuff that's wrong with the game first before moving onto new content.

Oh and make a crafting skill we can use while camping ffs. Not somewhere where we have to stand a specific areas to do. Make cooking a thing we can do at a portable grill or something lol. I'd love to do something worth while especially while camping. This games biggest downfall is having 36-48 camping windows.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Re: Since vr is working on new content...

#6
Warsong wrote:I want enchanting or socketing personally.

I think VR should all the stuff that's wrong with the game first before moving onto new content.

Oh and make a crafting skill we can use while camping ffs. Not somewhere where we have to stand a specific areas to do. Make cooking a thing we can do at a portable grill or something lol. I'd love to do something worth while especially while camping. This games biggest downfall is having 36-48 camping windows.

Socketing would be neat actually.
I just don't like the whole percent-based crafting systems (combine 2 items with a "50% chance of a common upgrade, 35% uncommon, 10% rare, 5% legendary" type thing).
I much prefer a solid, expectant (even grindy) formula.
Also don't really want it to be consumable based (requires a "smithing hammer" or something that drops from chests or something), but I'd be ok with the precedent from the cooking system: extracts etc.

(also crafting on raid gear should be undoable so you can't have that one friend who borrow gear for it to magically disappear forever.)
Image

Avatar art courtesy Angmar Reid
Lugh: -Pegasus-
Mindreader - W
Photon - R
Doge Dandolo - D
CH on discord
CH database
Bitey's Guide
CrazyMae wrote:May your farts be sulfurous, personally offensive and unrelenting, only subsiding within my divine presence.

Re: Since vr is working on new content...

#9
I would really love to see the housing feature added to the game, to be honest. And some new activities too, like mining ore or something. CH is a long and arduous journey and most people get burned out of lixing and leveling all the time. Instead, they turn to fishing and cooking to somewhat mix things up. Some new activities like those would freshen up the game and CH would be on par with Villagers & Heroes in that regard, surpass it even. At the very least, it wouldn't hurt the game one bit.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Accelerate and 12 guests

cron