Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Massive Lag discussion

#1
This is meant for general discussion to see what everyone thinks. Not bug reports. Use Bug reports forums to report bugs properly.

Multiple servers have still been having massive lag. It's still not what it was pre-Unity update. The thing that annoys me the most is not being able to hotswap properly. It used to be instant. Now it takes sometimes up to 4 seconds to hotswap one item. That's insane.

I have taken into account it could be my devices or my wifi connection. So I tried 2 different Pixel 3 XL, iPhone XS Max, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini and still no luck with lag on hotswaps. I also tried reducing my graphics and everything to the bare minimum on each device. The Lag during Raids like Bloodthorn and Gelebron is annoying as mess.

Wifi I tried 5 different connections. 2 of which I had friends make a new account and check for lag. They both have never played before and agreed they wouldn't play due to lag. How many others have said this?

I've also tried the basic trouble shooting steps. Restart App, Restart phone, redownload the app, even a factory reset of 2 devices.

Now I've talked to other players in other servers who agree with the lag, especially on hotswaps.

My question for VR: Why is A LOT of the little stuff that's faulty still happening? A lot of little things people have asked to get fixed are still there. You've admitted they were faulty but left them. The one well known one is the stupid Gelebron Weapons skill. Still faulty as mess. Useless. We were having resets left and right when there was mad lag. Why isn't this type of tenacity in fixing things still happening? Got it, you want to work on some new content maybe? Idk. A big portion of the community would be fine with you just throwing little events at us. Little bosses, quests and stuff, competitions while we wait for new content. Just fix the little stuff. I'm not saying all in one go. I imagine there's a lot more little stuff I haven't mentioned.

Anyone else notice any other little stuff that still needs to be fixed? Please bring it to light for VR.

Little Bugs I see every day: (I will update with suggestions)
Running in place then freezing
Haste bug between combos and hastes
Gelebron Wep Skill
Fishing skills cancel
Can't click on certain fishing spots
Hotswap isn't instant like it used to be. Especially with CD
Getting stuck after using leystones to travel
Bounty's saying you need 3 kills but you actually need 4
Vines at BT, goes to T6 cloak without any vines being up
Last edited by Warsong on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Re: Massive Lag discussion

#3
RoyalBratt wrote:The app still crashes randomly for me on my iPad Air

Does it happen like multiple times a day or something? Try to report certain times and what you were doing when it crashed.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Re: Massive Lag discussion

#4
Warsong wrote:Bounty's saying you need 3 kills but you actually need 4


List out the names of the bounties for VR to fix them. I'm sure it's simply a text issue with the quest - there have been/are several of those.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Massive Lag discussion

#5
Warsong wrote:
RoyalBratt wrote:The app still crashes randomly for me on my iPad Air

Does it happen like multiple times a day or something? Try to report certain times and what you were doing when it crashed.


Ha! Sometimes it is multiple times an hour! I’ve reported many times... there’s been no change. And it’s completely random - sometimes when switching maps, sometimes during the window for 210/215, even the # of people present doesn’t make a difference. It is _completely_random_

I have cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled the app (many times), even reset to factory defaults.

Oh, and it has nothing to do with my connection either, my iPhone 8+ never crashes.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

Re: Massive Lag discussion

#6
All of the above and then some. Freezing upon (before) death for 5ish seconds before finally ending up on the floor. Stonevale pretty much everything vanishes and you can't move or use any ley. Only fix is to log out. The only bug i haven't seen since things were "fixed" is falling off the map. Hotswaps absolutely suck right now also. Buff icons still go invisible. I thought i noticed bt vine buff up a few times but no vines were present. I thought maybe i was going crazy there but i guess not lol. It really n truly feels like it was fixed to "good nuff" status just to get people to log in again. Overall not very polished in any sense. They did fix the inventory not being searchable or having descriptions for new items so kudos there but that's more of an annoyance than anything, I wanna kill stuffs!

Image

Pic is 2 days ago. The nub to the left was also stuck in one spot. I've noticed this happen several times. After leaving mail screen, after vendoring junk and after checking stat page.

Re: Massive Lag discussion

#8
At first when I read this I was like what? I'd had the running on the spot, but hardly often enough for it to be a minor annoyance. But being lower level I thought it must be worse endgame, with more stuff happening at once. But lately it's been ridiculous. Not only have I been running on the spot more often, but I've also been stuck going in one direction, skills can take up to a second or longer to get cast, and I'm getting aggro when I should be out of range. Also typing is usually ok, but sometimes it takes way to long for the letters to appear, which is super annoying, and I'm only level 75. It makes the game unplayable sometimes.

Another thing I thought I'd mention though I'm not sure what causes it, and it's not really a problem, is that npc's no longer have punctuation above their heads for me. I see it on my map, and I can still talk to them and do the quests, but there is nothing on screen when I look at them to tell me if there is a quest or not.

It really needs to be fixed, and imo one of the top priorities. The game is no longer fun with all this l

ag.

Re: Massive Lag discussion

#9
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:At first when I read this I was like what? I'd had the running on the spot, but hardly often enough for it to be a minor annoyance. But being lower level I thought it must be worse endgame, with more stuff happening at once. But lately it's been ridiculous. Not only have I been running on the spot more often, but I've also been stuck going in one direction, skills can take up to a second or longer to get cast, and I'm getting aggro when I should be out of range. Also typing is usually ok, but sometimes it takes way to long for the letters to appear, which is super annoying, and I'm only level 75. It makes the game unplayable sometimes.

Another thing I thought I'd mention though I'm not sure what causes it, and it's not really a problem, is that npc's no longer have punctuation above their heads for me. I see it on my map, and I can still talk to them and do the quests, but there is nothing on screen when I look at them to tell me if there is a quest or not.

It really needs to be fixed, and imo one of the top priorities. The game is no longer fun with all this l

ag.

It's awful endgame. Bosses take 40+ people to kill. It was okay for like a week or two. Now it's becoming worse. Every day it's getting worse. Hopefully VR fixes the little things first before adding more content that will probably just make things worse.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

Roll Coal wrote: Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

cron