Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Defence

It’s not damage type specific, it increases the chance of enemies missing their attacks (not skills).
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

It’s not damage type specific, it increases the chance of enemies missing their attacks (not skills).
No that's attack. It increases the chance of you evading the attacks.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Feel free to reread my post.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Feel free to reread my post.
No, no. You are both wrong. It decreases the chance of enemies hitting you with their attacks (not skills).

:lol: Ain't the English language fun.

Regardless of how it's phrased, the more defense you have, the more likely it is that enemy attacks will miss when they attack you. Similarly, the more attack you have, the more likely it is that you will hit enemies.

The increase is small enough that you won't really notice a difference though, so I personally would recommend going for gear that gives you skill points over small stat buffs like health/energy or defense/armor.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

For a lvl 110 war a def boost of 80 is pretty good, and the armor is good also. Those are decent rings imo.

Armo is correct that def decreases the chance mob attacks (not skills) will hit you. Armor mitigates the damage from each hit.

It’s a good combination of bonuses, especially for group lixing. Wars need to be durable enough to take a few hits from trees and kelpies.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

For a lvl 110 war a def boost of 80 is pretty good, and the armor is good also. Those are decent rings imo.

Armo is correct that def decreases the chance mob attacks (not skills) will hit you. Armor mitigates the damage from each hit.

It’s a good combination of bonuses, especially for group lixing. Wars need to be durable enough to take a few hits from trees and kelpies.
Eh yes, but for lixing dps can mitigate loss of certAin survival buffs and enhance xp gain, hence why armo suggest focusing on skill rings etc...
At EG buff rings are great, but for leveling I don’t see a good use for those rings.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

As others have stated I wouldn't worry about small stat boosts early on and would focus much more on skill rings early on. Your also a ranger so defence isn't the biggest focus for you as your build will be heavy Dex already. Focus more on DPS.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

What give "armor"?
- Armor lowers the amount of damage you receive from normal attacks (not skills).
- Defense lowers the chance of enemies hitting you with normal attacks (not skills).
- Attack increases the chance of your attacks hitting enemies.
- Evasions decrease the chance of enemies hitting you with skills (there are different types of evasions for different types of skills).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!