Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Language translation offers from players for players.

Anyone who doesn't speak English very well knows that the only thing that holds this game from being great for them personally is the absence of other localizations. I can speak on behalf of the Russian community in the game, although I'm not part of it since I speak English fluently. The reason behind this post is an offer to VR (game developer): any existing players that are able and willing to translate the game into one particular language are welcome to comment here and say how and to what extent they are able to help out.

I personally can fully translate the game into Russian since it's my native language. To back up my claim I can elaborate: I've worked in the Ministry of International Affairs of Uzbekistan as a translator and speaker for 4 years and can provide proof if VR would require it.

Now, I understand that the whole idea might be silly and unrealistic since I'm not expecting (or suggesting) that VR would pay for the work, but I've been playing CH on multiple accounts since 2013 and I truly believe that it's the best MMORPG on mobile even to this day and I still enjoy it immensely. Having said that, I personally am ready to help with translation in any way possible and I encourage other players who can invest their time to help the game become better to comment down below with any suggestions regarding the topic. I would also appreciate it if someone from VR could comment on the topic as well.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Last edited by Paccontiyaka on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347

Re: Language translation offers from players for players.

VR tried to do a localization of the game for Thailand, and I’m not sure it worked out. I don’t know if it would be possible to change the text language in the main game...that would be really nice. Could definitely be something for VR to consider, if they haven’t tried it already and decided it wouldn’t work.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Hi, thanks for the offer I’ll keep it in mind. Translation of all the game text isn’t a small job by any means (coming on to 8 years of content) we’re talking hundreds of thousands of words and several weeks of dedicated time, which then has to be double checked. It’s a daunting task to do well!

As Eragon notes we have done a test of translation but other things have overtaken that as a priority. Russian is certainly high on our list for options when we are ready to look at it again though.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

I wonder how much it would encourage non native English speaking players to play the game since the community is English and in this game you are very dependent on other people, working together etc unless you farm 24/7 or buy a ton of platinum. If you can’t commicate in English you’re gonna hit a wall. Also this game does really help with learning to communicate in English.
My native language isn’t English either and when I started CH I couldn’t really say more than the very basics like how are you.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

I wonder how much it would encourage non native English speaking players to play the game since the community is English and in this game you are very dependent on other people, working together etc unless you farm 24/7 or buy a ton of platinum. If you can’t commicate in English you’re gonna hit a wall. Also this game does really help with learning to communicate in English.
My native language isn’t English either and when I started CH I couldn’t really say more than the very basics like how are you.
We have a following in Russia and Brazil, and it's a request (localization) that Support receives on a regular basis. Like Schwing said, other language support is something we would like to do in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this. I'm fully aware of the task at hand (and how colossal it may seem) and I'm ready to start working as soon as VR shifts this higher on their priorities list.
I wonder how much it would encourage non native English speaking players to play the game since the community is English and in this game you are very dependent on other people, working together etc unless you farm 24/7 or buy a ton of platinum. If you can’t commicate in English you’re gonna hit a wall.
I'm not sure how things are on other servers, but on Taranis we have at least three fully Russian clans and one of them is pretty big. I've talked to some members and practically all of them were saying that getting into CH was really hard for them due to the absence of Russian language in the game. But the most unfortunate fact is that if you look at reviews of CH in Play/App Store in Russia there are tons of people writing the same thing: "This game looks fantastic! This is the best MMORPG on mobile! But I can't play it because I don't understand a single quest description". I may be exaggerating a bit here, but you get the gist of it. Keep in mind that these are potential buyers of platinum and if VR could incorporate Russian community into all aspects of CH (game localization, Russian forums, etc.) this would bring in a humongous amount of players, since, you know, Russia is pretty damn big.

Anyway, thanks for jumping into this ridiculous post of self-proclaimed altruism. This chameleon appreciates it.
4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347