Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Pureness

^ yes of course it would have to be grindy, hence why I wanted to be like the CG offhand quests as there’s a good mix of grind and challenge in that process.

Perhaps if VR ever does rework DG they could also create some new mainhands to go along with it
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

^ yes of course it would have to be grindy, hence why I wanted to be like the CG offhand quests as there’s a good mix of grind and challenge in that process.

Perhaps if VR ever does rework DG they could also create some new mainhands to go along with it
Meh not challenging like the Lich boss or Reaver. Small clans are gonna have a tough time doing that and DOM clans will just be able to farm it aswell. Grindy quests such as killing mobs collecting drops. Stuff that a DOM clan wouldn't even bother with because it's faster to kill bosses for pures. It needs to be tedious and super grindy, if your desperate enough you will do it.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Meh not challenging like the Lich boss or Reaver. Small clans are gonna have a tough time doing that and DOM clans will just be able to farm it aswell. Grindy quests such as killing mobs collecting drops. Stuff that a DOM clan wouldn't even bother with because it's faster to kill bosses for pures. It needs to be tedious and super grindy, if your desperate enough you will do it.
The point is to make it fun... making it a tedious and annoying grind wouldn’t be fun and more of a pain. The whole CG offhand process was super enjoyable, get together a group of friends, grind to T3 faction, begin the weekly quests, get together a group of friends or clan mates and take down the faction bosses... it’s perfect because dom clans don’t constantly kill them over and over because there’s literally no reason to unless if you need the quest for that week. Not to mention how well designed the faction bosses were, I’d say they’re even better than most raid bosses (the bosses themselves, not the adds that add onto the raid). It’s a perfect balance between grind, challenge, and fun.

Yes like lich or reaver... those bosses can be killed by any small clan/group of endgame players, not just by the dom clan. I’d prefer for the bosses to be made an actual 8 man raid instead of saying it’ll be an 8 man raid but really it’s like a 15 man raid lol (reaver)

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

The point is to make it fun... making it a tedious and annoying grind wouldn’t be fun and more of a pain. The whole CG offhand process was super enjoyable, get together a group of friends, grind to T3 faction, begin the weekly quests, get together a group of friends or clan mates and take down the faction bosses... it’s perfect because dom clans don’t constantly kill them over and over because there’s literally no reason to unless if you need the quest for that week. Not to mention how well designed the faction bosses were, I’d say they’re even better than most raid bosses (the bosses themselves, not the adds that add onto the raid). It’s a perfect balance between grind, challenge, and fun.

Yes like lich or reaver... those bosses can be killed by any small clan/group of endgame players, not just by the dom clan. I’d prefer for the bosses to be made an actual 8 man raid instead of saying it’ll be an 8 man raid but really it’s like a 15 man raid lol (reaver)
If this is the case then it's gonna have to be way more than I suggested (3 shards). See I figured we make it a pain in the *** so that if small clans wanna work towards getting gear they really shouldn't be able to obtain without killing raid bosses, they have the opportunity to, but dom clans wont even bother with it. So instead of 3 shards I would say 6. That's a pure every 6 weeks that's no trade, along with all the shards being no trade. Also why not just make it like a faction thing again where you have to grind lvls in order to unlock the quest to kill a boss. If it's gonna be fun it's gonna take a while. Once members start obtaining DG peices it will definitely start closing the gap between the small and big clans.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Or just make it exactly like the CG quests. Create two new factions tower related, grind faction, and begin the weekly quests. There could be 4 tiers of dg, the highest being the current dg ingame. You would need 1 pure for each piece of armor, which would come from the weekly boss, and then you would need 1 flux for gloves, 2 for boots, 3 for helm, 4 for greaves, and 5 for bp. Fluxes would come from a daily quest. So it would take 15 fluxes (15 days of dailies) and 5 pures (5 weeks on weeklies). You would need to grind to T1 faction for T1 dg, T2 faction for T2 dg, all the way up to T4. Once you reach a new tier would have to gain a new type of conflux and the quest would be different from T1, so you can’t constantly grind dailies while waiting for 5 pures as they won’t work on the next tier and it switches it up a bit so it doesn’t feel repetitive.

You would do that up to T3, and to get to T4 you would have to kill gele 5 times (prot would have a chance to drop one as well) to complete 1 set of T4 dg... the item would be tradeable like the seeds from BT. Some might ask, “what of all the pures and confluxes we already have in our banks?” Pures would turn into the item you gain from gele and confluxes would turn into T4 fluxes, essentially making sure dom clans don’t lose all their progression. But those without dg at the time would have to go through the process.

“What about everyone who has pieces of dg?” A piece of T4 dg will count as a piece for whatever tier you’re on for the other pieces, meaning if you have say dg bp and gloves already, you would need 2 less pures and 6 less confluxes for each tier you reach. Confluxes and pures from the dailies/weekly would be no trade so if you want dg, you will have to do it on your own time. The weekly quest will have you kill a faction boss much like reaver/lich and you’ll get a cache after turning in the weekly quest which will contain your pure. The daily quest will send you off to do a faction related quest, and you’ll receive the conflux after turning in the quest. The daily quest will be different for each tier of DG.

As somebody who is in the "smaller clan," facing the dominant clan which can kill base in 5/6 minutes with their doch and bt gear is rediculous. We can kill gele, but dom clan camps it to prevent us from getting anything more than one kill. Bt is not available due to our lack of numbers. We are basically forced into a corner where 215/210 are our only options to get edl and then CG weps, but thats not enough. The gap between edl and dg is too great and it gets boring getting outlocked at proteus when they usually have 2 dg at every one. This problem is not solved by making edl or 4* PH drop endgame items. That's just terribly unbalanced. With EDL/CG, managed to grab around 100+ proteus, got pieces of doch but not a full set. Now I don't know any solution for this problem nor will but hopefully VR does something about this.

Kali I love your ideas, how about we add reaching lvl 220 gets you the dg gloves without purenesses necessary!

On a more serious note. There is no option where a smaller clan is not being overshadowed by the dominant clan. DG shouldn't be devalued, so much work goes into it. Not getting top gear is one of the sacrifices you make by not joining the dominant clan of your server. Perhaps you may not like the dom clan, but it's either not having access to that gear or joining a clan of people you may not like (at first) but perhaps could get to know better. Some people aren't as bad as they may seem. I don't think VR can or should do anything about it either.

@soccer I don't know your people, but this topic nor my comments were directed at specific clans, there is no need to be offended but I'm sorry if you were.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Why cant we just have them as bounty prize and daily rewards?
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I see why things never get done around here and why this game is so far behind despite being 7 1/2 years old. Celtic Egos

Kali I love your ideas, how about we add reaching lvl 220 gets you the dg gloves without purenesses necessary!

On a more serious note. There is no option where a smaller clan is not being overshadowed by the dominant clan. DG shouldn't be devalued, so much work goes into it. Not getting top gear is one of the sacrifices you make by not joining the dominant clan of your server. Perhaps you may not like the dom clan, but it's either not having access to that gear or joining a clan of people you may not like (at first) but perhaps could get to know better. Some people aren't as bad as they may seem. I don't think VR can or should do anything about it either.

@soccer I don't know your people, but this topic nor my comments were directed at specific clans, there is no need to be offended but I'm sorry if you were.
It's cool bro, was just addressing comments u made. I'm not offended but thanks for checking. +1