Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Pureness

You absolutely do not need DG to play at 220. So it’s a moot point you make about levelling up to 220 and not being able to get into a dom clan. Even if you could get into dom clan chances are you won’t be walking into DG. That takes work and commitment over time. So from your POV you would just stop playing at 220 Cos you don’t have DG? Even tho there are many many people across all servers happily playing in EDL?

DG is an armor for big raids to maximise your damage output. It isn’t needed to enjoy or succeed at the game.

Ventius put it perfectly well. Too many people in this game want stuff handed on a plate. Put the work in and build your clan up. It won’t be easy but it’s possible.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

That said I do have some sympathy with your plight as an underdog clan. My clan was once the underdog and I know how frustrating and hard it can be. But handing out DG like candy isn’t the answer and it makes it unfair on those who have put work in over time.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

I believe Healemup is onto something important. He has raised valid concerns for both the gamers and VR/OTM. In order to keep the gamers motivated to continue with the game and thereby keep VR/OTM in business, there must be a balanced and realistic way for the gamers to meet the challenges that the developers set forth. Obtaining everything the game has to offer is clearly a goal of any serious gamer. Developing an imbalance that creates a near impossibility to achieve goals and meet challenges is counter productive to profitability for both gamer and developer interests. This will ultimately end in the game’s demise. The above stated principles are what lead us into this conversation regarding some of the top gear the game has to offer. To my knowledge, every other obtainable quest gear has numerous mobs/bosses to raid in order to acquire the set. In the case of Doch Ghul however, there are only TWO bosses. I would think that the game developers could correct this imbalance somehow. Perhaps add a few more mobs/bosses to the Arcane Sanctum that would require a raiding party and would drop the necessary confluxes for Doch Ghul armor. I’m sure if the developers put their thinking caps on this could be accomplished without adding too much to the rate of obtained gear, but at the same time give a better opportunity for multiple raids to be in progress at the same time. This would allow for other groups/clans to have opportunities to kill the mobs necessary to start obtaining the gear. Both DragonLord Armor and Exalted DragonLord Armor have this element of multiple mobs/bosses and spawn rates that makes it almost impossible to dominate the whole lot. This allows others to have opportunities at raiding the mobs/bosses.
Warrior level 222 (Main) - XxIvanhoexX
Ranger level 223 Razorback
Rogue level 190 PHEON1X
Mage level 220 (Ice) Xul Darkstorm
Mage level 191 (Fire) Xul Lightstorm

Ancient Arrow - Level 221 Ranger (Belenus)

DG is the best armour in the whole game, getting a set takes a lot of effort from the clan(s) or server.
If you haven’t played on EG level yet you likely have no idea how much time, organization, etc went into a single set and working towards being able to kill and keep killing the important raid bosses.

Edl is a must, it’s much easier to kill edl bosses and I fully support that smaller non dominant clans should be able to kill them without having to rally up the whole clan. DG however is not something everyone has, there are only so many with a set or piece, depending on the system used on the server.

The point is, DG is rare, hard to get and if you’re a smaller clan you should work towards getting stronger, you shouldnt expect to get top notch gear right off the bat. The clan simply isn’t strong enough and a change like this that would seemingly make dg so much easier to get seems way out of balance. I get that there is competition, but by not joining the dominant clan (not counting Epona here) you should also make the sacrifice of not being able to easily access that kind of gear. If you can’t beat em, join em. If you don’t like it on your server, xfer. If neither are an option, just git gud but making dg easy accessible is not at all going to make the game more balanced.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

DG is the best armour in the whole game, getting a set takes a lot of effort from the clan(s) or server.
If you haven’t played on EG level yet you likely have no idea how much time, organization, etc went into a single set and working towards being able to kill and keep killing the important raid bosses.

Edl is a must, it’s much easier to kill edl bosses and I fully support that smaller non dominant clans should be able to kill them without having to rally up the whole clan. DG however is not something everyone has, there are only so many with a set or piece, depending on the system used on the server.

The point is, DG is rare, hard to get and if you’re a smaller clan you should work towards getting stronger, you shouldnt expect to get top notch gear right off the bat. The clan simply isn’t strong enough and a change like this that would seemingly make dg so much easier to get seems way out of balance. I get that there is competition, but by not joining the dominant clan (not counting Epona here) you should also make the sacrifice of not being able to easily access that kind of gear. If you can’t beat em, join em. If you don’t like it on your server, xfer. If neither are an option, just git gud but making dg easy accessible is not at all going to make the game more balanced.
I think this hits the nail on the head and sums up the entire oppositions points

( On a side note I’ve had signature issues lmao couldn’t update it )

Re: Pureness to drop from tower bosses

Dg is like Occult armor on steroids. It’s also, as mentioned before, a bonus armor like Dusk/dark/spiritshadow, obsidian, beastbone, and occult... all of which are gained through side quests not tied to the main progression line of the game, that being raids. Otm made a mistake imo when slapping dg onto prot and gele, and I think VR should turn it into a side quest like they did with the Cg offhands.

What they could do is have different tiers of DG much like the offhands. You can start it once you have full edl (or an individual piece of edl) and are level 220. Once you get to a certain tier the only way to move to the top tier is by killing gele/prot much like how BT drops seeds for t9/10 offhands. That way players on both sides can be happy. It’s definitely not too late for VR to change it up as dg is still relevant... only complaint is that people don’t want the extra work, because heaven forbid VR from making in depth quests.
+1

Pures should be purchasable from the plat store.
This would be the most sensible approach. In fact, they should just put the entire loot table on the plat store and the players can go shopping. I mean, maybe you want to accessorize that DG set with a void poison mord spear and some BT gear. Gotta look fly all the time.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Pures should be purchasable from the plat store.
This would be the most sensible approach. In fact, they should just put the entire loot table on the plat store and the players can go shopping. I mean, maybe you want to accessorize that DG set with a void poison mord spear and some BT gear. Gotta look fly all the time.
Add instant lvl220 toons with armour, sigils, abilities etc to that list of purchases with rl money. Wait...
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Edit: Do not name and shame. If you have personal issues, you are free to PM the players.

I think gele needs to turn from a timer spawn to a collective item spawn.

Such as tower bosses and maybe some newly implemented bosses have a small chance to drop an item that is needed to spawn gele when all items and a questline is completed. Maybe a collection of 8 items that need to be gathered.

This would not only reduce hostility over the game preventing yet another lock fight, but give ANY clan a strategic, planned approach when fighting one of the final endgame bosses.

I may have not played CH for as long as everyone else but I have played other MMORPG for the same amount of time others have invested in this game. But decrease in morale and people quitting from people not being able obtain an item they strive for not only in not getting kills COULD result in a Hail Mary pass from otm trying to give out double plat to make as much money as they can before shutting servers down. Or the coup de grace Class Balancing.
Last edited by TogaHimiko on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.