Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Getting Started

Hello, i just started the game, and i started to wonder, which server i should play on? Is there any noticable (or whatever how to spell that) difference among them?

Also, im wondering which class to play, druid kinda cought my eye since he can be valuable in raids and is good on pvp, but can he solo lvl?

Re: Getting Started

Hello, i just started the game, and i started to wonder, which server i should play on? Is there any noticable (or whatever how to spell that) difference among them?

Also, im wondering which class to play, druid kinda cought my eye since he can be valuable in raids and is good on pvp, but can he solo lvl?
Welcome to Celtic Heroes!

There are some differences between the servers. The biggest differences tend to be how endgame clans deal with boss drops, or treat each other at boss fights (some servers have multiple endgame clans, and either work together to kill bosses or else compete heavily to beat the other clan). I'm sure other people will be happy to share the pros of their servers.

Druids are a great class, but tend to run into energy regen issues around midgame levels. If you don't mind dealing with that, Druid can be a lot of fun. Their damage tends to be a bit lower than other classes, but they make up for it with their heals and support skills. They are definitely helpful in raids, once you start needing groups for bosses.

Other classes have their pros/cons too, though. The main thing I'd recommend is to not worry about PVP! Classes tend to be balanced differently in PVP, some classes have major disadvantages or advantages that don't really come into play in normal game play. just because a character or skill build may be good for PVP, doesn't mean that it's that good for leveling or boss fights.

Noticeable ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Majority of the servers play very similarly with each other at the endgame level, with a few tweaks here and there in the rules. Some servers are big, and some very small. Personally I would recommend Epona if you think you’ll enjoy clan to clan cooperation at bosses, or Gwydion (seems to be the popular choice) if you think you’ll enjoy a single clan killing bosses. I’m not sure about competitive servers anymore, seems to be dying at the endgame level in a lot of servers.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Don’t make Druid ur first toon and you’ll be fine
I turned out fine

Druid is alright solo, I did 139-172 but it gets really boring later on.

I’ve found a hero energy lix and some Restos can solve my energy problems
Energy is the worst for druids D: the skills cost sooooooo much energy
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

My advice, pick a class that u find most fun because that's what gaming is all about XD Good thing is u can try them all out as u can easily delete characters. I tried making a toon just so I can be more helpful at raids but I easily grew bored of that because it wasn't my play-style.

So gwydion is one of the biggest servers?

Also, how can i not care about pvp when its the most fun thing in the games? :D

The other class choices i was thinking of, was warrior, but it probably needs a lot of armors to be any good... And mage need a super weapon to deal dmg, when druid can be a lame ass bum and still be invited to parties to heal for food, so thats why i chose druid (also lightning) :D

P.S. Also i have read that in pvp, direct dmg is reduced by 50%, while DoTs are not, means druid isnt gimped by reduce, and it has some sort of wards to further reduce enemy dmg- at least thats what i found on a guide which was made about 3years ago :D

So gwydion is one of the biggest servers?

Also, how can i not care about pvp when its the most fun thing in the games? :D

The other class choices i was thinking of, was warrior, but it probably needs a lot of armors to be any good... And mage need a super weapon to deal dmg, when druid can be a lame belly rubs bum and still be invited to parties to heal for food, so thats why i chose druid (also lightning) :D

P.S. Also i have read that in pvp, direct dmg is reduced by 50%, while DoTs are not, means druid isnt gimped by reduce, and it has some sort of wards to further reduce enemy dmg- at least thats what i found on a guide which was made about 3years ago :D
Warrior can do pretty decently with the normal quest armor, same with all classes really. Shop weapons can usually be a better weapon than the quest weapon though. Mages don’t need any sort of weapons, their damage all comes from their skills. Their lures are extremely good in pvp by cutting down player resistances.

I’m pretty sure direct damage as a whole isn’t reduced by 50% in pvp....though other players do tend to have higher armor and resistances than most mobs, so you are likely to do less damage. Some big nerfs in pvp are heals being reduced by 50% (I think some other buffs are too, but I’m not sure which ones). Debuffs like Ranger’s Bolas and Entangle are nerfed, as well as Druid’s Grasping Roots, and possibly others. I’ll let someone with more pvp experience try and answer this bit in more detail :P I don’t pvp.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

So which server should i choose, based on player base?

P.S. I dont get it, why there is need for so many servers, on crom im lvl 9, maybe it was just the starting city but i saw only 1other player, so why not merge the servers?