Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dragon or Phoenix??

I think critical skills increases your chances of criting and critical strike increases how high you can crit for. So let's say your skill base dmg 5000 and without a drag you crit for like 8000 max, critical strike could increase that to where your hitting between 9000-10000 more often instead of 8000 max. That's just my guess. As for pheonix vs dragon, I'm gonna guess that a dragon would be better because the only advantage the pheonix has over a drag is increased focus and a lure ability. The focus isn't much of an advantage compared to an increase chance of crits and crit dmg. The lure isn't an adavantage anymore if someone else at the boss is using a pheonix and you have a dragon of the same dmg type(that actually benefits you more on top of the fact that the dragons skill dmg is much more than the pheonixes dmg). Simple comparison would be two fire mages with the same gear, skill setup, and skill use rotation. If the crit abitility boosts give the advantage that they are suppose to, the mage with the dragon will out dps the one with the pheonix.

Lvl 6 drag maxes around 1950 dmg every 15s
Lvl 6 Phoenix maxes at around 1300 dmg every 25s
Phoenix also gives a -400 (elemental) lure for 15sec upon cast. The lure doesn’t change per ability but the dmg does.
Red Phoenix lure is -267.

For caster I’d go with the Phoenix always because of the lure since it helps everyone for a small personal dps trade off.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

I think critical skills increases your chances of criting and critical strike increases how high you can crit for. So let's say your skill base dmg 5000 and without a drag you crit for like 8000 max, critical strike could increase that to where your hitting between 9000-10000 more often instead of 8000 max. That's just my guess. As for pheonix vs dragon, I'm gonna guess that a dragon would be better because the only advantage the pheonix has over a drag is increased focus and a lure ability. The focus isn't much of an advantage compared to an increase chance of crits and crit dmg. The lure isn't an adavantage anymore if someone else at the boss is using a pheonix and you have a dragon of the same dmg type(that actually benefits you more on top of the fact that the dragons skill dmg is much more than the pheonixes dmg). Simple comparison would be two fire mages with the same gear, skill setup, and skill use rotation. If the crit abitility boosts give the advantage that they are suppose to, the mage with the dragon will out dps the one with the pheonix.
Critical skills = skills hits
Critical strike = auto attack hits
For caster I’d go with the Phoenix always because of the lure since it helps everyone for a small personal dps trade off.
Agree :)
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

I am an ice Mage with a level 6 blue Phoenix and I haven't regretted it. From a DPS stand point the Boost from the dragon will often slightly top out the Boost from the Phoenix from DPS perspective although the way that criticals work can be confusing and difficult to test. One thing to note is that if people say that increasing that rating has no effect that all on the number of times that you land critical Hits it's probably because of the way they structured their tests. It is true that it will not change the amount of course you do on another player or on a training dummy where as it will change the number that you're likely to do on the majority of the things that you do fight. Either one works well, but for me personally at the Phoenix definitely fit my playstyle better. Do you focus and vitality boost was kind of nice and the lure to combine with aoe from blast is small but I really do enjoy it :)
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Critical skills = skills hits
Critical strike = auto attack hits
Agree :)
How critical strike being auto crit flew over my head idk lmao.

Personal DPS aspect: Dragon>Phoenix
Clan/Group DPS aspect: Phoenix>Dragon

That should answer ur question. From there its a matter of choice.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Late to this thread, but standard idea is:
-) if your focus is top DPS, dragon and let someone else do lures and Phoenix
-) if your focus is a more balanced/independent playstyle then do Phoenix.

Both are good, but for different play styles and circumstances, there isn’t an all around “best” pet.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at